WotLK Classic Holy Priest Spec, Builds, Talents, and Glyphs
On this page, you will find out the best PvE talent choices and builds for your Holy Priest in WotLK Classic, as well as advised glyphs.
Talent Builds for Holy Priest in Wrath of the Lich King
Holy Priest has a fairly cookie-cutter spec that aims to boost your healing output as much as possible. There are a few talent points that can be moved around depending on your gear.
This is your main Holy spec build, spending your limited talent points as efficiently as possible. The main alternative to this build is decided by your gear. Mental Agility reduces the Mana cost of your instant-cast spells by 10%, namely Circle of Healing, Prayer of Mending, and Renew. These are 3 of your most-commonly used spells that benefit from Mental Agility, giving you around 100 Mp5.
When you are very geared and no longer struggling with Mana issues, the best use of your talents are to remove the points from Mental Agility and Improved Power Word: Shield and instead get Test of Faith and the last point in Blessed Resilience. This is a great overall healing boost, especially when the raid is low enough to benefit from Test of Faith.
Important Talents for Holy Priest in Wrath of the Lich King
In this section we will go over some of the key talents you will use when you are playing a Holy Priest. Be sure to understand your most important talents as they are vital to play the build to its fullest strength.
Since this talent can proc from any spell you cast, you will get this buff very often while you are AoE healing with Circle of Healing, Prayer of Healing, and Prayer of Mending. This grants you a Mana-free, instant-cast Flash Heal, but it is unable to crit. Flash Heals cast using Surge of Light procs still give a stack of Serendipity, helping you return to AoE healing after using Flash Heal.
Increases your Spirit-based Mana regeneration by 50%, giving you much more Mp5 through Meditation. The easiest way to get this proc is with either Flash Heal or Empowered Renew as you will be casting these frequently anyways.
This is the main powerhouse of a Holy Priest. You will need to be constantly building and spending these stacks as the raid needs healing. The majority of these will be gained from casting Flash Heal and will be spent on Prayer of Healing, although you may need to sometimes cast a quick Greater Heal. Maintaining stacks of Serendipity, building them up before bursts of damage, and using them to quickly heal up the raid is a key part of Holy Priest gameplay.
Adds an additional 15% of your Spell Power to Renew's healing coefficient, which then in turn gets increased by Improved Renew. Also causes your Renew to instantly heal the target for 15% of the total heal-over-time effect. This instant heal can also crit, increasing your overall procs from Surge of Light and Holy Concentration.
This is your strongest AoE healing spell, only limited by its 6-second cooldown. When paired with Glyph of Circle of Healing, it will heal 6 allies instead of 5, increasing its healing potential by up to an additional 20%. You will practically almost always use this spell on cooldown, keeping the raid topped and giving you 6 chances to proc Surge of Light.
A "cheat death" on demand button, this spell is very unique with how it can be used. In addition to preventing someone from dying to fatal damage, while Guardian Spirit is active on a target, they will receive 40% additional healing from all sources. Oftentimes this 40% increased healing received is enough to prevent the target from dying, making Glyph of Guardian Spirit a great option on fights where the cheat death is unlikely to be needed.
Best Glyphs for Holy Priest in Wrath of the Lich King
Glyphs are a new consumable of sorts introduced in Wrath of the Lich King. Glyphs greatly improve certain spells when you learn them, supporting and even enabling some builds. Glyphs are not permanently learned, so you will want to carry multiple glyphs on you so you can change them quickly depending on the raid or boss encounter you are in. Certain glyphs perform better in different scenarios, so be sure to swap them around appropriately.
Major Glyphs for Holy Priest in Wrath of the Lich King
- Glyph of Prayer of Healing — Prayer of Healing is a Holy Priest's main spell and this glyph gives essentially increases the healing it does by 20%. Easily one of our best glyphs in the game.
- Glyph of Circle of Healing — Circle of Healing is your strongest AoE healing spell and this glyph increases the healing it does by 20%, making this glyph a great choice.
- Glyph of Flash Heal — Helps with your Mana sustain. You will be using Flash Heal very often, making this a great third glyph.
- Glyph of Guardian Spirit — This glyph has some uses on certain fights where you will want to preemptively use Guardian Spirit on a tank before a large burst of damage. The additional +40% healing the target receives while they are buffed with Guardian Spirit is often enough to prevent them from dying, turning this spell from a "preventing death every" 3 minutes into a "+40% healing received" every 1 minute.
Minor Glyphs for Holy Priest in Wrath of the Lich King
- Glyph of Fortitude — This helps save Mana through an entire raid night, and especially if you need to rebuff someone who died in combat.
- Glyph of Shadow Protection — Is pretty minor, but will save you a bit of Mana throughout an entire raid night.
- Glyph of Levitate — Is simply a quality of life feature, saving you some reagents.
- 09 Oct. 2023: Reviewed for Phase 4.
- 18 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 02 Sep. 2022: Page added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Honor Decay Removed In Season of Discovery and Classic Era
- Season of Discovery Launch Times
- Season of Discovery Will Launch With Fewer Realms
- Icecrown Citadel Player Buff Coming Early December
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer