WotLK Classic Jewelcrafting Profession and Leveling 1-450 Guide
Jewelcraftings main use is to cut gems. These are items that give certain stats depending on the color and the cut that can be placed into gem sockets found on certain items. These are similar to how enchants behave, allowing you to permanently increase the stats on a specific piece of gear as long as it has gem sockets.
In this guide we will go over all the different items players with Jewelcrafting can make, how gems and sockets work, as well as help you level and get the most out of your new profession.
Jewelcrafting's main purpose is to cut gems to fill open gem sockets on gear. This is a great way to enhance already powerful gear and customize it to further boost your desirable stats. Beyond gems, Jewelcrafting is also well known for making rare and valuable jewelry, such as rings and necklaces.
Jewelcrafting uses ores, metals, and stone to craft. It can be quite expensive to level and maintain so pairing it with Mining can be quite beneficial, especially early on when materials will be more expensive. Mining will allow you to farm your own materials without needing to buy them on the auction house.
Make sure to buy a Simple Grinder and Jeweler's Kit from your local Jewelcrafting Supplier or General Goods vendor as these are required to make many of the different crafts available to this profession.
Similar to how other professions work, each ore has a minimum skill required to be able to Prospect it, based on your Jewelcrafting skill. Prospecting can be an easy way to obtain some rare gems, and even profitable when used on endgame ore.
Training Jewelcrafting in Wrath of the Lich King
Apprentice & Artisan
You can learn Jewelcrafting from any Jewelcrafting trainer, which are found in capital cities. When you arrive at a major city, you can ask any city guard for directions and pick the Jewelcrafting trainer option under the professions section. This will mark its location on your map, allowing you to easily find them and get the Jewelcrafting skill.
To train past 300 skill level, you need to speak with a Master Jewelcrafting trainer in either Outland or Northrend. This will allow you to train up to level 375 Jewelcrafting.
To learn Jewelcrafting past 375 skill level you must travel to Northrend and talk with a Grand Master Jewelcrafting trainer found below. This will allow you to max your Jewelcrafting skill out at 450.
- Timothy Jones in Dalaran City.
Estimated Jewelcrafting Materials Needed in Wrath of the Lich King
Below is a "quick shopping list" of materials needed to level Jewelcrafting up. This list is just an estimation, not an exact amount. Depending on your luck when crafting you may need more or less materials than there is listed here.
- 50 x Copper Bar
- 100 x Rough Stone
- 20 x Tigerseye
- 80 x Bronze Bar
- 60 x Silver Bar
- 200 x Heavy Stone
- 20 x Moss Agate
- 160 x Mithril Bar
- 40 x Truesilver Bar
- 10 x Citrine
- 35 x Aquamarine
- 40 x Flask of Mojo
- 50 x Thorium Bar
- 10 x Star Ruby
- 10 x Heart of the Wild
- 10 x Large Opal
- 30 x Blue Sapphire
- 10 x Essence of Undeath
- 20 x Huge Emerald
You will need around 80 total of these, depending on your Design choice:
You will need around 60 total of these, depending on your Design choice:
You will need around 40 total of these, depending on your Design choice:
You will need around 30 total of these, depending on your Design choice:
Leveling Jewelcrafting in Azeroth (1-300)
|Skill Level||Item to Craft||Materials|
|1-20||Delicate Copper Wire||2 x Copper Bar|
|20-30||Rough Stone Statue||8 x Rough Stone|
|50-80||Bronze Setting||2 x Bronze Bar|
|80-90||Elegant Silver Ring||1 x Silver Bar|
|90-110||Ring of Silver Might||2 x Silver Bar|
|110-130||Heavy Stone Statue||8 x Heavy Stone|
|130-150||Pendant of the Agate Shield (note)|
|150-180||Mithril Filigree||2 x Mithril Bar|
|180-200||Engraved Truesilver Ring|
|200-210||Citrine Ring of Rapid Healing|
|220-225||Aquamarine Pendant of the Warrior|
|225-250||Thorium Setting||1 x Thorium Bar|
|250-260||Ruby Pendant of Fire|
|260-265||Truesilver Healing Ring|
|265-275||Simple Opal Ring|
|280-290||Sapphire Pendant of Winter Night|
|290-300||Emerald Lion Ring|
For skill levels 130-150, you will need to purchase the Design: Pendant of the Agate Shield. This is typically the cheapest way to level Jewelcrafting, but you may use other recipes to skill-up with instead. This Design can be found in the following locations:
Leveling Jewelcrafting in Outland (300-350)
Skill Ups 300-310
Make whichever is the cheaper option on your server.
- Design: Brilliant Golden Draenite — 1 x Golden Draenite
- Design: Glowing Shadow Draenite — 1 x Shadow Draenite
- Design: Solid Azure Moonstone — 1 x Azure Moonstone
- Design: Teardrop Blood Garnet — 1 x Blood Garnet
- Design: Radiant Deep Peridot — 1 x Deep Peridot
- Design: Inscribed Flame Spessarite — 1 x Flame Spessarite
Skill Ups 310-315
As we did above, grab whichever design matches the materials you have.
- Design: Sparkling Azure Moonstone — 1 x Azure Moonstone
- Design: Bold Blood Garnet — 1 x Blood Garnet
- Design: Jagged Deep Peridot — 1 x Deep Peridot
Skill Ups 315-325
Following the same pattern, get whichever design you can obtain from reputation and keep crafting with the materials you have.
- Design: Enduring Deep Peridot / Design: Enduring Deep Peridot — 1 x Deep Peridot
- Design: Runed Blood Garnet — 1 x Blood Garnet
- Design: Shifting Shadow Draenite — 1 x Shadow Draenite
- Design: Stormy Azure Moonstone — 1 x Azure Moonstone
- Design: Thick Golden Draenite — 1 x Golden Draenite
- Design: Glinting Flame Spessarite — 1 x Flame Spessarite
Skill Ups 325-350
Grab whichever design you have the reputation and materials to make for this final push.
- Design: Dazzling Deep Peridot — 1 x Deep Peridot
- Design: Delicate Blood Garnet — 1 x Blood Garnet
- Design: Lustrous Azure Moonstone — 1 x Azure Moonstone
- Design: Potent Flame Spessarite — 1 x Flame Spessarite
- Design: Rigid Golden Draenite — 1 x Golden Draenite
- Design: Sovereign Shadow Draenite — 1 x Shadow Draenite
Leveling Jewelcrafting in Northrend (350-450)
Be sure to head to a Grand Master Jewelcrafting trainer in Northrend as shown above to unlock Grand Master Jewelcrafting, allowing you to max out your Jewelcrafting at 450 skill level.
Leveling Jewelcrafting in WotLK is very open, giving you the option of which gem cut you want to purchase and use. Keep in mind the cost of the raw gems when making this choice, as well as the price the cut gem will sell for. Using this, you can easily level your Jewelcrafting for little to no cost as you will make back most of the gold you spend on materials.
Before leveling Jewelcrafting in Northrend, be sure to complete the quest Gem Perfection to gain the Gem Perfection perk. This gives your Uncommon gem cuts a chance to improve the quality of the gem, giving it higher stats than a normal cut. You can obtain this quest in the following ways:
- (A) Gem Perfection given by Ounhulo in Howling Fjord;
- (A) Gem Perfection given by Alestos in Borean Tundra;
- (H) Gem Perfection given by Carter Tiffens in Howling Fjord;
- (H) Gem Perfection given by Geba'li in Borean Tundra.
Skill Ups 350-395
You can learn all Uncommon gem cuts from your Grand Master Jewelcrafting trainer. Craft whichever cut you will have the easiest time selling using the Uncommon gems below:
Skill Ups 395-425
You will need to purchase a Rare gem pattern using your jewelcrafting daily rewards to complete this section. Craft whichever cut you will have the easiest time selling using the Rare gems below:
Skill Ups 425-450
You will need to purchase a Meta Gem pattern using your jewelcrafting daily rewards to complete this section. Purchase and craft whichever Meta Gem you will have the easiest time selling:
Jewelcrafting Dailies in Wrath of the Lich King
WotLK introduces daily quests for Jewelcrafting, rewarding you with Dalaran Jewelcrafter's Token. These tokens are needed to purchase end-game gem cuts and jewelry patterns, making these dailies a necessary part of your daily routine. To unlock these daily quests, you must first complete the quest Finish the Shipment in Dalaran City.
The six daily quests are:
- Shipment: Blood Jade Amulet
- Shipment: Bright Armor Relic
- Shipment: Glowing Ivory Figurine
- Shipment: Intricate Bone Figurine
- Shipment: Shifting Sun Curio
- Shipment: Wicked Sun Brooch
In addition to these daily quests, Dalaran Jewelcrafter's Token can be obtained by turning in a Damaged Necklace. You may want to buy a few Damaged Necklaces to unlock desired patterns early on as it is a quick way to circumvent the time-gated acquisition of Dalaran Jewelcrafter's Tokens.
Jewelcrafting Profession Bonus in Wrath of the Lich King
Jewelcrafting grants you access to unique, Jewelcrafting-only-gems. These gems are much more powerful than any other gems available; they are, however, limited to the use of 3 equipped at a time. Jewelcrafting also offers some powerful early-game trinkets that may be useful as you begin gearing up.
- Solid Dragon's Eye
- Sparkling Dragon's Eye
- Lustrous Dragon's Eye
- Stormy Dragon's Eye
- Bright Dragon's Eye
- Bold Dragon's Eye
- Delicate Dragon's Eye
- Runed Dragon's Eye
- Subtle Dragon's Eye
- Flashing Dragon's Eye
- Fractured Dragon's Eye
- Precise Dragon's Eye
- Brilliant Dragon's Eye
- Smooth Dragon's Eye
- Quick Dragon's Eye
- Rigid Dragon's Eye
- Thick Dragon's Eye
- Mystic Dragon's Eye
Jewelcrafting Trinkets in Wrath of the Lich King
In addition to the powerful gems Jewelcrafting offers, it also has unique trinkets that are powerful options in early gearing.
Jewelcrafting is just one of the many professions you may choose to level in Wrath of the Lich King Classic. To learn more about the other options available, we recommend checking out our overviews of all professions and their unique bonuses below.
- 03 Oct. 2023: Reviewed for Phase 4 release.
- 23 Jun. 2023: Guide updated for Phase 3.
- 15 Jan. 2023: Fixed Copper and Mithril bars required.
- 07 Nov. 2022: Fixed Citrine Ring of Rapid Healing materials.
- 13 Sep. 2022: Page added.
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer
- WoW Classic Patch 1.15.0 Notes
- Classic Era and Hardcore Patch 1.15.0 Known Issues List
- Mike Ybbara on Blizzard's Approach to Meeting Player Demands
- Classic Era Patch 1.15.0 PTR Notes
- Classic Account Suspensions for October 2023
- Icy Veins WoW Classic Interview: Discoveries and Runes, LFR, ICC Nerfs and Much More