WotLK Classic Profession Bonuses
Welcome to our Wrath of the Lich King profession bonuses guide. On this page you will find out the specific benefits of each profession in Wrath of the Lich King, helping you decide what is best for your character.
All professions in Wrath of the Lich King give your character a boost in stats. Some of these bonuses are more useful than others, while some are better for specific classes. Use this list to see the benefits of each profession to help you decide which to choose.
Alchemy gains a unique buff, Mixology. This improves your flask and elixir stats and duration. Alchemy also offers Flask of the North, a flask with unlimited uses but offering less stats than a normal flask.
Mixology Flask Increases
- Flask of Endless Rage — 80 Additional Attack Power
- Flask of the Frost Wyrm — 47 Additional Spell Power
- Flask of Stoneblood — 650 Additional Health
- Flask of Pure Mojo — 20 Additional Mp5
Blacksmithing lets you to add an additional gem socket to your bracers and gloves, allowing you to use 2 more gems in your gear. These additional sockets are even better if using Epic quality gems.
Enchanters can enchant their own rings in WotLK, but not others. These bonuses are lost if you get rid of Enchanting.
- Enchant Ring - Assault — 80 Attack Power Total
- Enchant Ring - Greater Spellpower — Spell Power Total
- Enchant Ring - Stamina — 60 Stamina Total
Engineering has many unique enchants, gadgets, and gizmos that improve your character in more ways that just raw stats. These gadgets are lost if you get rid of Engineering. In addition to the enchants below, Engineers can craft a handful of trinkets, helmets, and explosives to further improve their characters, making Engineering a powerful profession choice.
- Mind Amplification Dish — 45 Stamina & Mind Control use
- Flexweave Underlay — 23 Agility & Slow fall use
- Springy Arachnoweave — 27 Spell Power & Slow fall use
- Hand-Mounted Pyro Rocket — On-use range attack
- Hyperspeed Accelerators — 68 Average Haste
- Reticulated Armor Webbing — 885 Armor
- Frag Belt — Cobalt Frag Bomb (Free Bombs)
- Nitro Boosts — 24 Critical Strike Rating & Movement speed use
Engineering Exclusive Gadgets
- Gnomish Army Knife — All profession tools-in-one & chance to res dead player
- Wormhole Generator: Northrend — Teleport around Northrend
- MOLL-E — Portable mailbox
- Jeeves — Portable bank, vendor, and repair all-in-one
Unlike other professions, Herbalism does not offer a stat increase or useful in-combat spell to use.
- Lifeblood — Heals 3,600 over 5 seconds. The amount healed will slightly increase based on your maximum health.
Inscription offers unique shoulder enchants that are better than the regular enchants players get from The Sons of Hodir. These enchants will be lost if you get rid of Inscription.
- Master's Inscription of the Axe — 80 Attack Power more than Greater Inscription of the Axe
- Master's Inscription of the Pinnacle — 40 Dodge Rating more than Greater Inscription of the Pinnacle
- Master's Inscription of the Crag — 46 Spell Power more than Greater Inscription of the Crag
- Master's Inscription of the Storm — 46 Spell Power more than Greater Inscription of the Storm
Jewelcrafting grants you access to unique, Jewelcrafting-only gems. These gems are much more powerful than any other gems available; they are, however, limited to the use of 3 equipped at a time. Jewelcrafting also offers some powerful early-game trinkets that may be useful as you begin gearing up.
- Solid Dragon's Eye
- Sparkling Dragon's Eye
- Lustrous Dragon's Eye
- Stormy Dragon's Eye
- Bright Dragon's Eye
- Bold Dragon's Eye
- Delicate Dragon's Eye
- Runed Dragon's Eye
- Subtle Dragon's Eye
- Flashing Dragon's Eye
- Fractured Dragon's Eye
- Precise Dragon's Eye
- Brilliant Dragon's Eye
- Smooth Dragon's Eye
- Quick Dragon's Eye
- Rigid Dragon's Eye
- Thick Dragon's Eye
- Mystic Dragon's Eye
Leatherworking offers the ability to craft some great end-game gear as well as powerful bracer enchants. These enchants will be lost if you get rid of Leatherworking.
- Fur Lining - Attack Power — 80 Attack Power more than Enchant Bracers - Greater Assault
- Fur Lining - Spell Power — 46 Spell Power more than Enchant Bracers - Superior Spellpower
- Fur Lining - Stamina — 62 Stamina more than Enchant Bracers - Major Stamina
Leatherworking Resistance Enchants
- Fur Lining - Arcane Resist — 70 Arcane Resistance
- Fur Lining - Fire Resist — 70 Fire Resistance
- Fur Lining - Frost Resist — 70 Frost Resistance
- Fur Lining - Nature Resist — 70 Nature Resistance
- Fur Lining - Shadow Resist — 70 Shadow Resistance
Mining only offers a Stamina bonus, making it a bad choice for anyone besides tanks.
- Toughness — 60 Stamina Total
Skinning only offers a Critical Strike bonus, limiting its viability as other professions are less restrictive.
- Master of Anatomy — 40 Critical Strike Rating Total
Tailoring offers the ability to craft some great end-game gear, as well as some powerful, unique cloak enchants. These cloak enchants have an amount of randomness to them as they are procs instead of passive stat increases. These enchants will be lost if you get rid of Tailoring.
- Darkglow Embroidery — Average of 33.3 Mp5
- Lightweave Embroidery — Average of 74 Spell Power
- Swordguard Embroidery — Average of 100 Attack Power
- 13 Sep. 2022: Page added.
- Blizzard Discusses WoW Token in Classic
- WoW Token Added to Wrath Classic
- Wrath Classic Joyous Journeys 50% Experience Buff Is Back!
- Wrath Classic Patch 3.4.2 PTR Notes: May 18th
- Death Heat Map for Hardcore Characters and Their Killers
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Blizzard Announces Hardcore Classic
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look