WotLK Classic Subtlety Rogue Stat Priority
On this page, you will find out the optimal PvE stat priority for your Subtlety Rogue in WotLK Classic. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations.
Stat Priority for Subtlety Rogues
- Hit Rating (to cap);
- Expertise Rating (to cap);
- Strength and Attack Power;
- Armor Penetration;
- Critical Strike Rating.
Stats Explained for Subtlety Rogues
Hit Rating is massively important for all Rogue specs as it increases your chance to hit with both your normal Physical attacks, as well as your Poisons.
Unlike other classes, Rogues have two different "forms" of Hit Rating — your chance to hit with auto attacks and abilities and your chance to hit with Poisons. You must hit the 8% hit rating cap to ensure that your abilities do not miss, but it is also heavily recommended that you also hit the 17% hit rating cap, which makes it so that your Poisons cannot miss either.
Unlike Expertise, Hit Rating is still useful beyond the 17% cap, albeit slightly less desirable, as your auto attacks still have a chance to miss at 17%.
Note that there are buffs and talents that can affect your Hit Rating which need to be taken into account when pushing for the caps.
|Buff Name||Effect||Physical Hit||Poison Hit|
|Precision||Increases hit chance by 5% with 5/5 talent points in it.||Yes||Yes|
|Heroic Presence||Having a Draenei in your party gives you 1% extra hit rating.||Yes||Yes|
|Improved Faerie Fire or Misery||Increases spell hit chance by 3%.||No||Yes|
Expertise reduces the chance for your attacks to be dodged or parried and, as with Hit Rating, has a cap you should aim for. Your Expertise Rating to ensure that a boss cannot dodge or parry your attacks is 214 and, unlike Hit Rating, once you have reached the Expertise cap, the stat becomes completely worthless beyond that. There is no additional benefit to more Expertise Rating whatsoever.
Note that there are racials and talents that can affect your expertise rating which need to be taken into account when pushing for the cap.
- Sword Specialization — Human
- Mace Specialization — Human
- Mace Specialization — Dwarf
- Axe Specialization — Orc
- Weapon Expertise — Combat talent
Agility provides Rogues with Attack Power, Critical Strike chance, Armor, and Dodge chance.
Strength and Attack Power
Strength provides Rogues with Attack Power.
Armor Penetration allows your attacks to ignore a portion of your enemy's Armor, thereby increasing your damage via the increased damage taken by your target.
Haste increases the rate at which you can attack with your auto attacks, thereby increasing damage done.
Critical Strike Chance
Critical Strike Chance gives attacks a chance to deal double their damage as a critical strike and your Poisons a chance to deal 150% of their normal damage.
- 18 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 27 Sep. 2022: Updated hit rating requirement for live values.
- 22 Sep. 2022: Page added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Honor Decay Removed In Season of Discovery and Classic Era
- Season of Discovery Launch Times
- Season of Discovery Will Launch With Fewer Realms
- Icecrown Citadel Player Buff Coming Early December
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer