WotLK Classic Assassination Rogue Spell Summary
On this page, we present you with all spells and procs that you need to understand as a Assassination Rogue in WotLK Classic.
Combo Point Generators
Assassination uses Mutilate as its main generator, a talent obtained in the Assassination tree. It requires you to have a dagger in both hands and is one of the highest Energy cost abilities you have.
Combo Point Spenders
Slice and Dice increases your attack speed and has the highest damage increase of all spenders, but is automatically refreshed as an Assassination Rogue, making it a fairly rarely used one beyond your opener.
Sap can be useful to help control adds before a pull or deal with particularly dangerous trash pulls by incapacitating an enemy for up to 45 seconds.
The only real cooldown available to Assassination is Cold Blood, a talent that increases the damage of your next ability by giving it 100% Critical Strike chance. This ability should optimally used with Envenom.
Utility and Defensives
Rogues have a number of abilities available to them that not only help the raid or group in some way, but also personally grant them immunity to both mechanics and damage at times.
Tricks of the Trade is a massively important buff for Rogues, granting an ally a damage increase, as well as more threat over its duration, which allows other DPS to fully use their openers without worrying about pulling threat.
Cloak of Shadows removes all negative spell effects, as well as granting you an extremely high chance to resist incoming spells for its duration. It can be extremely powerful in completely avoiding certain mechanics on fights.
Distract makes PvE enemies stand still for up to 10 seconds, allowing you to stall patrols and let your raid or group through tight spots and skips.
Kick interrupts the current spell being cast and locks the user out of that school for a period of time.
Sprint greatly increases your movement speed for a period of time.
- 09 Sep. 2023: Updated for Phase 4
- 18 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 22 Sep. 2022: Page added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Honor Decay Removed In Season of Discovery and Classic Era
- Season of Discovery Launch Times
- Season of Discovery Will Launch With Fewer Realms
- Icecrown Citadel Player Buff Coming Early December
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer