WotLK Classic Subtlety Rogue Enchants and Consumables
On this page, we list the best enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Subtlety Rogue in WotLK Classic for PvE content.
Rogues in Wrath of the Lich King Classic will generally use their consumables and gems to ensure that they reach certain stat caps, most notably the Expertise and Poison Hit caps.
Best Enchants for Subtlety Rogues
|Head||Arcanum of Torment — Revered with the Knights of the Ebon Blade|
|Shoulders||Greater Inscription of the Axe or Master's Inscription of the Axe, depending on whether you are a scribe or not.|
|Back||Enchant Cloak - Major Agility is the best openly available enchant, but you should use Swordguard Embroidery if you are a tailor or Flexweave Underlay if you are an engineer.|
|Chest||Enchant Chest - Powerful Stats|
|Bracers||Enchant Bracers - Greater Assault or Fur Lining - Attack Power if you are a leatherworker.|
|Gloves||Enchant Gloves - Crusher or Hyperspeed Accelerators if you are an engineer.|
|Legs||Icescale Leg Armor or the cheaper alternative, Nerubian Leg Armor. You can use Nerubian Leg Reinforcements if you are a leatherworker.|
|Feet||Enchant Boots - Icewalker or Nitro Boosts if you are an engineer.|
|Rings||Enchant Ring - Assault|
|Melee Weapons||Enchant Weapon - Berserking or Enchant Weapon - Mongoose as a cheaper alternative.|
|Ranged Weapon||Sun Scope|
Best Gems for Subtlety Rogues
Overall, your best choice for gemming as a Rogue is to focus on red, yellow, and orange gems, only aiming to achieve the socket bonuses of your gear when they require Red Gems or Yellow Gems.
When choosing how to fill your Yellow Sockets, make sure to pay attention to your current stat caps and use the sockets accordingly to reach your Poison Hit and Expertise caps.
|Meta Socket||Relentless Earthsiege Diamond||Thundering Skyflare Diamond|
|Red Socket||Delicate Cardinal Ruby or Delicate Scarlet Ruby||Precise Cardinal Ruby or Precise Scarlet Ruby|
|Yellow Socket||Glinting Ametrine or Glinting Monarch Topaz||Rigid King's Amber, Accurate Ametrine, Pristine Ametrine, or Stark Ametrine|
|Blue Socket||Nightmare Tear or Enchanted Tear||Shifting Dreadstone|
Best Consumables for Subtlety Rogues
For food as a Rogue, you will need to choose based on what stats you currently need.
- Blackened Dragonfin — for pure DPS increase if you already have your Poison Hit and Expertise caps.
- Rhinolicious Wormsteak — for Expertise cap.
- Snapper Extreme — for Poison Hit cap.
Flasks and Potions
The best flask for Subtlety Rogues is the Flask of Endless Rage in terms of pure damage output. If you wish to use elixirs rather than a flask, you will want to use Elixir of Mighty Agility with Swiftness of Zanza from WoW Classic.
Your best potions are either the Potion of Speed, which is excellent for dealing damage, or a Free Action Potion against enemies that will stun you for a long period of time, to ensure as much uptime as possible.
- 09 Sep. 2023: Updated for Phase 4
- 18 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 27 Sep. 2022: Updated food recommendation.
- 22 Sep. 2022: Page added.
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer
- WoW Classic Patch 1.15.0 Notes
- Classic Era and Hardcore Patch 1.15.0 Known Issues List
- Mike Ybbara on Blizzard's Approach to Meeting Player Demands
- Classic Era Patch 1.15.0 PTR Notes
- Classic Account Suspensions for October 2023
- Icy Veins WoW Classic Interview: Discoveries and Runes, LFR, ICC Nerfs and Much More