L0rinda

hearthstone Batstone Twist Announced: More Cards Banned

12 posts in this topic

b3sEeph.png

Firebat has announced the twist in his Batstone event scheduled for tomorrow, Wednesday September 14.

Each player in the event has been allowed to ban an additional card in the event, to go alongside the cards already banned by the community. The originally banned cards were:

Yogg-Saron, Hope's EndTuskarr TotemicFiery War AxeBarnes, and Call of the Wild.

Players battled through a qualifying event with that ban list, and the event was eventually won by Ness, winner of Insomnia 57. He joins a strong lineup of seven invited players who will now use the additional ban list pictured below.

Placeholder for tweet 775573801778098176

For those who don't know the scene well enough to know the players by their faces, they are Thijs, StrifeCro, Chakki, SuperJJ, Kolento, Ostkaka, TidesofTime, and Ness. This is an outstanding lineup. The event will be cast by Firebat and Zalae on Firebat's Twitch channel from midday EDT (6pm CEST) on September 14. 

Okay, now they've banned every single good card in the game. 

Jokes aside, this is going to make a very good tournament where everyone brings 3 Control decks and viewers bring their ResidentSleeper pillows because with those bans, Nzoth and Murloc Paladin, heavy Warrior decks, RenoLock and Tempo Mage look like relatively untouched and really potent choices, espectially since there is (no) powerful Aggro decks, Miracle and Hunter to punish them. I say (no) but it is implied that bans weaken said decks a lot, rendering them practically but not absolutely powerless.

You can just tell Tides has been hit by a topdecked Doomguard one too many times.

1 person likes this

Cool format! Removing my least favorite cards is nice. I am only sad Barnes is banned, but I understand why. 

Should make for an interesting tournament.  (Taking this to it's extreme, all the decks would consist of 30 Wisps each, with all the hero powers banned, and the Wisps.  Then the winner would be determined by playing chess, but only with pawns and kings.)

7 hours ago, Paracel said:

Okay, now they've banned every single good card in the game. 

Jokes aside, this is going to make a very good tournament where everyone brings 3 Control decks and viewers bring their ResidentSleeper pillows because with those bans, Nzoth and Murloc Paladin, heavy Warrior decks, RenoLock and Tempo Mage look like relatively untouched and really potent choices, espectially since there is (no) powerful Aggro decks, Miracle and Hunter to punish them. I say (no) but it is implied that bans weaken said decks a lot, rendering them practically but not absolutely powerless.

I am also secretly hoping there will also be a lot of good priest decks this time. Yeah it sucks against certain deckslike Murloc Paladin/Renolocks/C'thun Warr. But overall with these nerfs, Priests willl be in a much better position to compete as most other counter decks that punish priest hard (freeze mage, miracle rogue, mid hunter etc) will not be there.

30 Wisps sound cool, but in reality the player who goes first wins, no exceptions. He gets to attack first, creating a 4-point health lead, that player #2 can't handle, because after the first trade it's a stalemate, even though he is always 1 Wisp ahead after his turn 2 trade. This actually showcases how overpowered going first in Hearthstone is.

18 minutes ago, mimech said:

Should make for an interesting tournament.  (Taking this to it's extreme, all the decks would consist of 30 Wisps each, with all the hero powers banned, and the Wisps.  Then the winner would be determined by playing chess, but only with pawns and kings.)

4 minutes ago, sc47 said:

I am also secretly hoping there will also be a lot of good priest decks this time. Yeah it sucks against certain deckslike Murloc Paladin/Renolocks/C'thun Warr. But overall with these nerfs, Priests willl be in a much better position to compete as most other counter decks that punish priest hard (freeze mage, miracle rogue, mid hunter etc) will not be there.

Because the rest of Priest counter decks you've mentioned and I'm predicting to be popular, I don't expect Priest to be exactly powerful - a classic lvl 2 metagame thinking, "Paper is nerfed, so there is a bunch of Rock, so Sciccors is bad", even though there still can be Paper and you can actually beat some kinds of Rock with Priest Sciccors if you shenanigan Resurrect really hard. Perhaps there would be players with lvl 1 metagame thinking who will follow the pattern and think Priest is their Rock deck.

I wonder why Purify wasn't banned... I guess we're going to see all Purify decks now, huh?

17 hours ago, Paracel said:

30 Wisps sound cool, but in reality the player who goes first wins, no exceptions. He gets to attack first, creating a 4-point health lead, that player #2 can't handle, because after the first trade it's a stalemate, even though he is always 1 Wisp ahead after his turn 2 trade. This actually showcases how overpowered going first in Hearthstone is.

Because the rest of Priest counter decks you've mentioned and I'm predicting to be popular, I don't expect Priest to be exactly powerful - a classic lvl 2 metagame thinking, "Paper is nerfed, so there is a bunch of Rock, so Sciccors is bad", even though there still can be Paper and you can actually beat some kinds of Rock with Priest Sciccors if you shenanigan Resurrect really hard. Perhaps there would be players with lvl 1 metagame thinking who will follow the pattern and think Priest is their Rock deck.

I agree with you. I think Priest can be that Rock deck which can counter decks like tempo mage and zoo. I hope the good old Elise control priest version with double cabal and the heavy removal package makes a comeback (not the Resurrect/Onyx Bishop package). Even dragon priest might be pretty strong. Lets see.

Edited by sc47

14 hours ago, sc47 said:

I agree with you. I think Priest can be that Rock deck which can counter decks like tempo mage and zoo. I hope the good old Elise control priest version with double cabal and the heavy removal package makes a comeback (not the Resurrect/Onyx Bishop package). Even dragon priest might be pretty strong. Lets see.

I'd love a return to Dragon Priest in Standard. Was one of my favourite decks (played it to Golden Priest)

If you'll use proxy, you can circumvent the ban. Try advanced.name, or other.

Edited by J0v1

5 hours ago, J0v1 said:

If you'll use proxy, you can circumvent the ban. Try advanced.name, or other.

I'm so confused in so many ways

1 person likes this