Call of the Wild — Hunter Card
Table of Contents
Call of the Wild is a Hunter-only spell. This card was introduced with Whispers of the Old Gods and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Call of the Wild is an extremely strong card when applying a standard Hearthstone value based evaluation to it. Any single outcome of an Animal Companion is stronger than a 3 Mana minion, so combining all three of them into a single 9 Mana card is well above the regular power curve. Since you summon all three Companions, it also removes the downside of a random outcome from a single Animal Companion. Having the immediate source of 5 Damage from the buffed Huffer also removes some of the slowness of the card and makes it have an immediate impact.
2. Constructed Play
Call of the Wild is an incredibly powerful card. Even after the nerf in the October 3rd Patch which increased its Mana cost to 9, it is still one of the most powerful cards in any Hunter deck and should be an auto-include in most builds.
Call of the Wild is no longer available in Arena.
- Rise of Shadows Q&A on April 22
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #40
- HCT 2019 World Championship: Earn Free Packs with Choose Your Champion & Twitch Drops
- Arena Balance and Bucket Updates: April 17
- Ignoblegarden Is Live: Free Packs & Cards, Tavern Brawl
- Ignoblegarden (April 17th - April 21st)
- Rise of Shadows Hotfixes: April 10th
- Our Arena Rankings Are Up-to-Date for Rise of Shadows
- Hearthstone Hunter Secrets
- Higher Chance for Epics? My 40 packs
- Zoo Warlock
- Arena Mage Tier Lists
- Pogo Rogue
- Dragon Mage
- Basic Druid Deck
- Lackey Rogue