Call of the Wild
Table of Contents
Call of the Wild is a Hunter-only spell. This card can be obtained from Whispers of the Old Gods packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Call of the Wild is an extremely strong card when applying a standard Hearthstone value based evaluation to it. Any single outcome of an Animal Companion is stronger than a 3 Mana minion, so combining all three of them into a single 9 Mana card is well above the regular power curve. Since you summon all three Companions, it also removes the downside of a random outcome from a single Animal Companion. Having the immediate source of 5 Damage from the buffed Huffer also removes some of the slowness of the card and makes it have an immediate impact.
2. Constructed Play
Call of the Wild is an incredibly powerful card. Even after the nerf in the October 3rd Patch which increased its Mana cost to 9, it is still one of the most powerful cards in any Hunter deck and should be an auto-include in most builds.
Call of the Wild is an excellent card in Arena. For 9 Mana, not only is it an objectively high value play in terms of total stats, it can also allow you to create a swing on the board by using Huffer as removal and leaving behind a strong board presence.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Ben Brode on Promo Cards
- Brian Holinka Leaves World of Warcraft Team
- Destiny 2 PC Release Date, Pre-Order Announced
- New Job Posting Hints at Remastering of Old Titles
- Possible Return of the Lich King Expansion
- EU Top Hearthstone Players - May 2017 [Official]
- US Top Hearthstone Players - May 2017 [Official]
- Mulligans Episode 4: Art Gallery
- Mill Rogue - questions
- Miracle Dragon Priest Standard
- Aggro Rogue Standard
- A Preist with a meme for a dream
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.
- Average amount of dust / cardpack
- Handlock Warlock Un'Goro Standard
- Arena Paladin Tier Lists