Does Tyrion have a place outside Nzgoth control

4 posts in this topic

I was very excited to open Tyrion a few weeks ago and thought I'd finally be able to give paladin a good try especially since I've also open ragnaros light lord. But once I did I noticed the only legendary build he is in on this site is the Nzgoth control which requires a ton of other legendaries and other high end cards  I don't have.  I do have Sylvanas and ysera but in missing a few key epic and rare cards that seem to be staples for just about every class except priest and shaman. Can anyone suggest any builds around Tyrion that don't require every strong legendary in the book?

You can try secret paladin (wild and standard/legacy), midrange paladin (wild egg), dragon (wild) or C'thun paladin. You can also play him in "homemade" paladin decks, such as basic and decks derived from it.

I'm looking for something good to ladder with. I tried the in game shields up recipe which was fun to play with but I couldn't get very far with. Would love to try a mid-range paladin since that seems to fit my play style. I don't have the mysterious stranger or whatever it is that pulls all secrets so that counts me out there. I tried making a dragon paladin deck with Tyrion and my other control legendaries but it didn't seem to work out very well for me either. I always seem to run up against some super controlling decks with every top end legendary or occasionally just get overwhelmed by some aggressive hunters or shamans. Can't break out of the 12-15 ladder rankings except for the rate couple of seasons I've gone on winning streaks and gotten up to ranks 8-10. Then of course I get beat back to my typical range. 

So you say you have Tirion Fordring and Ragnaros, Lightlord but your deck is not N'zoth Paladin?

Then there is only one answer - Murloc Paladin! This is actually a fairly good deck, utilizing a very little amount of other supportive legendaries and only 6 epics - Doomsayers - that's an actual format staple , Forbidden Healings - an incredibly potent card, also featured in N'zoth Paladin, and then Murloc Warleader who is literally deck's engine. It looks like a big investment, but you'll hardly regret it in the long run.

The payoff with it is that you have some very lopsided matchups - either they will never beat you, or you'll never beat them, and winning takes 15 minutes or so, but it's pretty fun in the end and can actually give you a positive winrate. Like, you're going to play less games than yours truly SMOrc affecionado, but make the same progress during the same time.

I believe the version in the guide should be slightly updated to include The Curator and other goodies but that's not really important.

Secret Paladin is fine Midrange deck but a bit lackluster in Standard, and has a lot of cards to craft in Wild. Pick your poison.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ludavyk
      Server: Zul'jin - Horde
      Raid Times: 7-10pm EST - T/W
      Celestial Being is recruiting to round out our mythic roster. The core of our team has Mythic experience including top 50 US experience. Mythic experience is preferred, along with current logs. We raid on a brief schedule and expect people prepared to progress.
      Current Needs:
      Priest - All Specs
      Shaman - Elemental/Enhancement
      Druid - Feral
      Paladin - Ret
      Exceptional players of all classes will be considered, feel free to discuss.
      Please contact for more information.
    • By Stenbock
      I recently switched from DK Tank to Paladin Tank (Similar stat prios) and I was wondering how much haste should I aim for and is Versatility more important than Haste like AskMrRobot says? 
      I raid twice a week but I mainly do M+ Content and I seem to be stuck at M+7 so if you have any advice there I will gladly take it. 
      Here's a link to my Paladin.
      I am in my raid spec currently and I switch my lvl 100 talent to Last Defender when I do M+.
      Any help is appreciated. :)
    • By Wixii
      Boom Time is currently recruiting healers (and as always exceptional dps).
      What healers do we need?
      - Paladin (high)
      - Monk
      - 860+ (Not absolute minimum)
      - Mythic experience or impressive logs
      - A sense of humour
      Wednesday - 19:00-23:00
      Thursday - 19:00-23:00
      Sunday - 19:00-23:00
      Contact info, about us, etc
      Wixii#2580 (Healing Officer)
      Origin#2634 (Ranged Officer)
      Warlofd#2979 (Melee Officer)
    • By donaging
      Hi guys,
      I'm trying to use an uncommon build: Crit - mastery - versatility - haste - because I thought to max my dps without lose too much survivality.
      These are my stats atm, with 2 different trinket.
      What do you think? am I doing a huge mistake?
      I'm 4/7 HC without problem, but i can't find a good trinket so i'm thinking that maybe i'm going to a wrong direction.

• By Deathyield
      So the two stat priorities basically either favor Versatility/Haste(for the survivability spec) Or Crit/haste (for the damage build). Im conflicted with what is more beneficial in heroic/mythic raid content. Especially since most trinkets/gear in EN/Nighthold have crit on them. Does anyone know if its more beneficial to start leaning more toward the dps build as you progress through higher level content, or to just keep sticking with being a brick wall with the Survivability build (haste/Vers).

When I compare the two as far as raw survivability totally taking dps weights out of the equation, the vers/haste build of course gives you a constant damage taken reduction, though im not sure if the versatility has any baring on how much Hand of the Protector (the % based heal) heals for

Where as the Crit build You dont have that raw survivbility from that versatility, however you do get parry which totally negates physical attacks, and also making the Hand of the Protector heal for more if it crits. Only drawback i see is the fact that now you simply take more damage, but at the same time if you are doing higher tier content shouldnt the healers be able to pick up that slack?

TL;DR Is the crit build more viable for higher tier content as opposed to the Versatility build due to your raw damage output/parry chance, Or is the Versatility build more viable then the Crit one due to the raw damage taken reduction you get from it.