Doomsayer — Neutral Card
Table of Contents
Doomsayer is a neutral minion. This card can be obtained from expert packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Doomsayer is a very powerful card, particularly in Control decks. The primary purpose of the card is to clear the board, however there is more to it than that. Due to the fact that Doomsayer triggers at the start of the turn of the player who played it, that player will get to use all of their Mana, and be the first one to repopulate the board. This means that they will have an advantage in trading in future turns.
Doomsayer is almost always best used in Control decks. It works extremely well with Freeze effects such as Blizzard or Frost Nova to clear large boards. Since the release of Knights of the Frozen Throne, it is also a powerful card in Druid alongside Spreading Plague which works in much the same way as Freezes, by preventing the Doomsayer from taking damage from the opposing minions. Other classes also play Doomsayer in their Control variants, but in general are much more reliant on playing it on Turn 2 to slow down aggressive enemy openings.
Doomsayer is not a very strong card in Arena due to the fact it is likely to only be relevant in the early-game. If it is drawn in later turns, it will often not be able to impact the board as it will simply die to the opposing minions if you are behind, and it is not a card you want to play if you are in front.
- Activision Blizzard Has Fired 20 Employees Over Harassment Claims and More
- Blizzard Working on an Unannounced Open-World RPG Shooter
- Global Battle.net Maintenance: October 6th
- Activision Blizzard Reaches Agreement with the EEOC
- In Celebration Of Diablo 2: Resurrected, We're Discounting Our Premium Subscription
- Overwatch 2 Executive Departs from Activision Blizzard
- The SEC Launches Activision Blizzard Investigation
- Launching Log Reviews for WoW PvE & Diablo 3 Character Reviews
- Hearthstone Mercenaries
- Lady Vashj
- Face Hunter
- Basic Mage Deck
- The Lich King
- Handbuff Paladin Deck - United in Stormwind
- Hearthstone Chess
- Illidan Stormrage Challenge