Table of Contents
Ragnaros, Lightlord is a Paladin-only minion. This card can be obtained from Whispers of the Old Gods packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Ragnaros, Lightlord is a powerful healing card that can serve as a solo win condition against a more aggressive deck. It should be noted though that 8 Mana is a large investment to make without addressing the state of the board. If your opponent is playing an extremely aggressive deck, they can also play around the healing effect to your hero by putting small amounts of damage into minions you may have in play, including Ragnaros himself. It should be noted that unlike Ragnaros the Firelord, Ragnaros, Lightlord is able to attack freely.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed, Ragnaros, Lightlord can be used as a component of a heavy Paladin Control deck that is aiming to stall the game for as long as possible using healing effects and board clears like Equality plus Consecration. In this kind of deck, it can be very effective to stabilise your health over a period of time. However, since it heals at random, the healing can be unreliable and can be manipulated by a smart opponent.
In Arena, Ragnaros, Lightlord is an average card. An 8 Mana 8/8 alone represents decent value as a large minion in the late-game, however his healing effect is not as impactful in Arena as it can be in some situations during Constructed play. Due to this, there will often be a better Legendary option presented to you.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Ben Brode on Promo Cards
- Brian Holinka Leaves World of Warcraft Team
- Destiny 2 PC Release Date, Pre-Order Announced
- New Job Posting Hints at Remastering of Old Titles
- Possible Return of the Lich King Expansion
- EU Top Hearthstone Players - May 2017 [Official]
- US Top Hearthstone Players - May 2017 [Official]
- Mulligans Episode 4: Art Gallery
- Mill Rogue - questions
- Miracle Dragon Priest Standard
- Aggro Rogue Standard
- A Preist with a meme for a dream
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.
- Average amount of dust / cardpack
- Handlock Warlock Un'Goro Standard
- Arena Paladin Tier Lists