Dragoon Job Changes in Endwalker Patch 6.0
This page includes all of the changes that were made to the Dragoon job in the release patch of Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker, Patch 6.0.
Dragoon Action Changes in Patch 6.0
In Endwalker, Dragoon's Blood of the Dragon has been turned into a passive trait and it has received visual and potency upgrades to both its combo enders. Its capstone action is a powerful ability accessed by building a new gauge, the Firstminds' Focus.
Dragoon Weaponskill Changes in Patch 6.0
Changes to Dragoon Weaponskills
- True Thrust potency changed from 290 to 230, and the effect Raiden Thrust Ready is now called Draconian Fire with a new icon.
- Vorpal Thrust potency changed from 140 to 130, while the combo potency changed from 350 to 280.
- Piercing Talon range increased to 20 yalms from 15 yalms.
- Disembowel potency changed from 150 to 140, combo potency changed from 320 to 250, and the effect Disembowel is now called Power Surge with a new icon.
- Doom Spike potency changed from 170 to 110, and now changes to action Draconian Fury when under the effect of Draconian Fire.
- Chaos Thrust combo bonus now always grants Enhanced Wheeling Thrust, and the duration of said buff changed from 10 seconds to 30 seconds.
- Fang and Claw execution requirements were changed to not require Blood of the Dragon or Life of the Dragon anymore, as those are now traits. The effect that extends Blood of the Dragon was also removed.
- Wheeling Thrust execution requirements were changed to not require Blood of the Dragon or Life of the Dragon anymore, as those are now traits. The effect that extends Blood of the Dragon was also removed.
- Sonic Thrust now grants Power Surge for a duration of 30 seconds, the same as Disembowel. In addition, the effect that extends Blood of the Dragon was removed.
- Coerthan Torment now grants the effect Draconian Fire for a duration of 30 seconds, the same as Fang and Claw or Wheeling Thrust. In addition, the effect that extends Blood of the Dragon has been removed.
- Raiden Thrust potency changed from 330 to 260, and sharpens the Firstminds' Focus by 1 when the trait is unlocked at Level 90. It now requires the effect Draconian Fire ready to execute, which is functionally the same as Raiden Thrust Ready was previously.
New Dragoon Weaponskills
- Draconian Fury delivers an attack with a potency of 130 to all enemies in a straight line before you. It strengthens the Firstminds' Focus by 1, and can only be executed under the effect of Draconian Fire. It replaces Doom Spike when under the effect of Draconian Fire.
- Heavens' Thrust delivers an attack with a potency of 100. It comboes off of Vorpal Thrust with a combo potency of 430, and grants Sharper Fang and Claw for a duration of 30 seconds It is an upgrade to Full Thrust.
- Chaotic Spring delivers an attack with a potency of 100, 140 when executed from the target's rear. It comboes off of Disembowel with a combo potency of 240, 280 when executed from the target's rear, and inflicts a damage over time effect with a potency of 45 for 24 seconds. It also grants Sharper Wheeling Thrust for a duration of 30 seconds when comboed. It is an upgrade to Chaos Thrust.
Dragoon Ability Changes in Patch 6.0
New Dragoon Abilities
- Wyrmwind Thrust delivers an attack to all enemies in a straight line before you with a potency of 370 for the first enemy, and 50% less for all remaining enemies. It costs 2 Firstminds' Focus to use, which can be gained from using Raiden Thrust for single targets or Draconian Fury for multiple targets.
Changes to Dragoon Abilities
- Life Surge now has two maximum charges.
- Lance Charge effect potency changed from 15% to 10%, and the recast time changed from 90 seconds to 60 seconds.
- Spineshatter Dive potency changed from 240 to 250, and now has two maximum charges.
- Battle Litany duration changed from 20 seconds to 15 seconds, and the recast time changed from 180 seconds to 120 seconds.
- Geirskogul potency changed from 300 to 250. It now deals 30% less potency for all remaining enemies, and no longer requires Blood of the Dragon to execute as it is now a trait.
- Mirage Dive now always strengthens the gaze of your Dragon Gauge.
- Nastrond potency changed from 400 to 350. It now deals 30% less potency for all remaining enemies.
- Stardiver potency changed from 600 to 500.
Removed Dragoon Actions
- Blood of the Dragon was changed from an ability to a trait. That means it is now active permanently once you learn it.
Dragoon Trait Changes in Patch 6.0
Changes to Dragoon Traits
- Lance Mastery potency gain changed from 110 to 100.
- Lance Mastery II has been revamped. It now increases the potency of True Thrust to 230, Vorpal Thrust to 130, and Disembowel to 140. The Draconian Fire effect will be granted if Fang and Claw is executed following Wheeling Thrust or vice versa for a duration of 30 seconds. This effect ends upon execution of any melee weaponskill. True Thrust is upgraded to Raiden Thrust under the effect of Draconian Fire.
- Life of the Dragon Mastery has the same effect previously, but was renamed from Blood of the Dragon Mastery.
New Dragoon Traits
- Enhanced Coerthan Torment grants the effect of Draconian Fire after successfully completing a combo with Coerthan Torment. Doom Spike is upgraded to Draconian Fury under the effect of Draconian Fire.
- Enhanced Spineshatter Dive grants a second charge of Spineshatter Dive.
- Lance Mastery III upgrades Full Thrust to Heavens' Thrust and Chaos Thrust to Chaotic Spring.
- Enhanced Life Surge grants a second charge of Life Surge.
- Lance Mastery IV increases the potency of Geirskogul to 250 and Nastrond to 350. It allows for the sharpening of the Firstminds' Focus upon successfully landing Raiden Thrust or Draconian Fury, up to a maximum of 2 units.
- 19 Dec. 2021: Page added.
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- FFXIV PLL #76 Recap - 6.4 Live Letter Part 1
- FFXIV PLL #75 Recap - 6.3 Live Letter Part 2
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- FFXIV PLL #74 Recap - 6.3 Live Letter Part 1
- Final Fantasy XIV will be in AGDQ2023 on Friday, January 13th
- FFXIV Announces Return to PAX AUS
- "Tales from the Dawn": Final Story Released