AltheiaNemesis

Help and Criticism - Shadow Priest

Sign in to follow this  

9 posts in this topic

Hi, all!

First time posting but you all have been my ultimate resource for everything i needed to know about my class and so on ^^

I need a little (big) cricism/help about my buildup, gear and dps while preparing for mythic runs:

Here is the link to my armory:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/it/character/nemesis/Altheia/advanced

And you can find my logs on askmrrobot (i guess, because my guild doesn't upload logs on worldoflogs).

We're 7/7 nm and 6/7 hc and yesterday we got Imperator to 20% health before wiping.

When i'm dps i can get to 23-something dps, depending on movement, but i'm not dpsing all the run through, because i have to switch healing where more heals are required (yesterday i just switched for imperator, but it's not said, it depends).

I use CoP, Insanity (Dotweaving rotation) and i've followed Ask Mr Robot's suggested stats priority, gems and enchants. (Mastery,Mastery,Mastery)

So...very little bit of help will be very very very appreciated, i really want to make the best out of my SPriest and i wanna show that we're not only made to be healers 

Thanks a lot!

Yo. 

The armory looks good.  I can't read spanish, but I think that "maestra" means mastery, which is a decent stat for Highmaul.  Talents look good, and glyphs are good. 

If you can link us some logs I'd be happy to look over them for you!

Mastery drops away below most other secondary stats during movement fights. If your guild can breeze past low movement dps checks like Butcher but is struggling with high movement then you might be better off enchanting/gemming into a high movement stat. I'm in the same situation as you that I switch between shadow and holy at times so I've gone full multistrike as obviously it's the top holy stat, but also for shadow it's value in stationary fights is pretty good and it is far superior to mastery when moving.

Yo. 

The armory looks good.  I can't read spanish, but I think that "maestra" means mastery, which is a decent stat for Highmaul.  Talents look good, and glyphs are good. 

If you can link us some logs I'd be happy to look over them for you!

Hi and thanks for replying! ^^

Maestria it's the italian name for Mastery and i'm sorry that my armory has been linked in italian, as i was pretty sure to have switched it to english (besides i play with english client, i hate italian translations lol)

You can find my logs on AskMrRobot, as my guild doesn't upload them on Worloflogs <3

Mastery drops away below most other secondary stats during movement fights. If your guild can breeze past low movement dps checks like Butcher but is struggling with high movement then you might be better off enchanting/gemming into a high movement stat. I'm in the same situation as you that I switch between shadow and holy at times so I've gone full multistrike as obviously it's the top holy stat, but also for shadow it's value in stationary fights is pretty good and it is far superior to mastery when moving.

It's the exact issue i'm having: i'm perfect away on Butcher, getting on to 24k but as the fights involve movements, things come bad, at least for me (yay, i'm the only Spriest in my gulld T_T) it'll be ok for me to re-enchant and re-gem everything, and it's gonna be pretty costless as i've got both profession for that, in which stats do you suggest me to re-enchant and re-gem?

Do you think that it's gonna be a good move looking forward to BRF? I mean, as far i can see it's gonna be another high movement fights raid, so...( u.u because yeah, we casters just needed some more movement. yeah.). Multistrike sounds appealing, though...

I go with multistrike while I'm in highmaul, though I know some use Haste. 

[...] You can find my logs on AskMrRobot [...]

That's not going to happen lol.

and another one on Multistrike.

Sounds like we're having a path here, lol

I think i might try re ennch and gem everything for this night's run  :)

That's not going to happen lol.

So then i don't know how i can show you them, as i don't have worldoflogs

Thanks Kulia ^^

I have created the account just now and finishing reading the guide, i'll check if it's possible to update yesterday's run data otherwise i'll update this nights' ones :)

Another thing that could help. If I know i'll have to move i use my instants for that. So if you know you'll have to move in the next time you could try to get 3 shadow orbs just 3 secons or so before, then cast Plague and channel mindflay if you time it well enough so you have to move just after you finished channeling mindflay you have buffed ms form your glyph as well as a mindblast off cd which you can cast while running.

Also nice other way around: you have to move with 2 shadow orbs > cast mindblast > cast plague and in most fights you can stand still after that 2 spells. Also you might want to not directly come back into camp, but just wait till the next mindblast is off cd so you can use its gcd to move.