Resto shaman need help trying to figure out what the bests stats are
2 posts in this topic
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
A little bit of info about us:
We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
What we expect from you:
- We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
- Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
- Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
- Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
- Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
- Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
- Access to Discord and a working microphone.
- Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
- Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 Azkey#21565
To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
- 905~ ilvl
- 40+ traits.
- 6 or more mythic kills in NH.
- Exceptions to the requirements may be made.
We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
Druid: Balance and Restoration.
Hunter: BM and Survival.
Monk: Mistweaver and Windwalker.
Any and all applications be considered.
I decided to post some of my high M+ runs to encourage other players who don't think that it's possible in non-perfect comp with 895+ gear.
There is a non-ending argument from the start of the Legion about 'perfect groups' and 'best specs'. I personally disagree with this approach completely and think that the best spec is the one you know to play, the best group is the group where you are able to communicate to reach your goal and have fun :)
Another thing I wanted to note in regard to the arguments about best Legendaries (Sephuz? NOOOO, I'm quitting the game!) and needed for high M+ ilvl: Sephuz is awesome in M+, same as Prydaz, do not take blindly this wandering from forum to forum opinions that there's only one or two BiS and every Legendary that doesn't increase your dps/healing done is bad. That's not true.
Same about the ilvl: the recent ilvl requirements in LFG are utterly ridiculous. Don't dismiss your ability to run high M+ because most of groups requre 890+ ilvl - it's not needed.
What is needed is willing to learn and ability to communicate in voice with your fellow players.
I'm heaing M+ on Resto Shaman (881 ilvl, runs up to +15) and Resto Druid (868 ilvl, runs up to +10).
Legendaries on Shaman: Praetorian's Tidecallers and Sephuz's Secret, trinkets: Chrono Shard 850 ilvl, Darkmoon Deck: Hellfire 855 ilvl.
Legendary on Druid: Tearstone of Elune, trinkets: Brinewater Slime 845 ilvl, Flask of the Solemn Night 855 ilvl. I will post some Druid videos later because I don't stream lower than +12 runs so don't have any right now.
I always run with a DK tank because he's my friend :) For +11 we just grabbed people that were online in the guild. DK tank/Shaman healer/Hunter&Lock&Mage dps
+12 - +15 in these videos we did with the same group of friends - no picking of the 'best' specs. DK tank/Shaman healer/Hunter&DK&Rogue dps
+14 Eye of Azshara run was a bit funny: we had to hold dps on the last boss so our key would upgrade to +15 and not to +16 :)
We were doing 2 runs on +14 and +15: one to learn the fights and the next one the actual timed run.
Have fun, guys, grab your friends and go run M+ - they are awesome!
Stormrage [A] - 3/7 Mythic - 7/7 Heroic - FRI & MON - 9pm-12am EST
Imperium, a progressive and well-respected raiding guild. Seeking like-minded individuals to join our team. We provide good guild culture, consistent loot distribution, laid-back leadership, like-minded, courteous, kind, and polite people.
Our team has been playing together for 8 years. We have always maintained a strong progressive raid team in 10 and 25 mans with a very minimal raid schedule. When considering new members, we seek individuals who have excellent communication skills, a high level of maturity, and a manner of adult professionalism.
Friday & Monday 9:00pm - 12:00am EST
Emerald Nightmare - 3/7 Mythic - 7/7 Heroic
What to expect from us...
- Raids that start and end on time.
- A community of in-game support and socializing, Veteran players, 980+ Characters, 580+ Active Accounts, 650+ Level 100s.
- Opportunity to be part of our weekly raid sales group
- Fair and consistent leadership that only accepts quality players, and understands mistakes can happen.
- A friendly and competitive dps environment, with frequent 95%+ parses
- An opportunity to see all the content WoW has to offer.
- Raid Consumables, and Enchantments provided.
- Adult atmosphere, average age 25.
- We DO NOT recruit for bench positions.
What we expect from you...
- Desire to be part of a team. This includes being on Mumble and taking an interest in the guilds objectives, upholding its principles and helping to secure its longevity.
- Great verbal communication during raid.
- Good attitude and mutual respect towards fellow guild and raid team members.
- High to perfect raid attendance.
- Perseverance. Wiping is part of the game, and staying motivated and positive is a must.
- Know your class and all of its abilities. Have a viable off spec for the team.
- Be active and contribute to the guild forums.
1 Ranged DPS: Hunter, Warlock or Shadow Priest
1 Healer: Holy Priest, Holy Paladin or Resto Shaman
Exceptional players are always considered.
Visit ImperiumGuild.ca to apply or to learn more about us.
My name is Shirushi and I am new to the shaman class. I have been healing now since Emerald Nightmare has come out, and I feel that I am missing something with my healing. I know really vague right. I want to be able to maximize my HPS, but according to the logs especially on the Cenarius attempts in Log 2 my healing seems to be lacking. I am attempting to stick to the rotation as much as possible and I know my timing on my totems is a little off. If you require more information please let me know. My artifact weapon has 25 points in it, and my next artifact trait will be Tidal Pools.
I have tried Cloudburst Totem but was having issues working it into rotation properly, our raid group usually stays as spread out as possible which I know hurts my healing a little. I am looking for any advice that can be given on helping me better understand the Resto Shaman and to master the class. Below are my armory link and two logs that I have gathered.
I already leveled a resto shaman on Beta to lvl 110 some time ago and was waiting to be closer to prepatch to write about my leveling experience and give some tips to fellow healers but today found out that Dayani already did it in her great and deep article "Legion Beta: Leveling as a Healer – The Surprising Result I Can’t Explain and You Won’t Believe!" (all credit goes to Dayani).
I highly recommend to read the article and confirm that my experience in leveling was pretty much the same up to level 110.
For those who prefer it short:
1. There's no noticeable difference in efficiency whether you choose to level in resto or ele spec.
2. There is a difference in leveling approach:
- ele shaman is much more fragile and has to take healing/drinking breaks but the playstile is more engaging.
- resto shaman is literally unkillable, time to kill regular mobs is pretty similar to ele but killing fat mobs and elites takes ages due to lack of dps CDs/totems.
- choose you personal preference: higher dps but more time between pulls vs lower dps with no breaks between pulls. The difference in dps is not that big: I'd say most of time it's about 20-30%.
3. On level 102 you will get your off-spec Artifacts (quests in the Class Order Hall) so don't worry about being stuck in dps spec until 110 level or not being able to heal leveling dungeons.
4. The waste majority of Artifact power you will gain, are usable items so just switch to the "right" spec to apply them (you automatically switch to the appropriate Artifact when changing spec).
There are some quests that apply Artifact power to your currently equipped Artifact right away but it's such a minor amount of power, you shouldn't bother about it.
5. Artifact Relics: Every time you'll see a Relic choice as a quest reward, you can switch specs to check how it changes (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't) and make your decision. Then just grab the reward in appropriate spec.
6. You can upgrade your off-spec (dps) Artifact during leveling: the amount of Power used to activate traits growth exponential in the way that activating first 13 traits on off weapon will take less Power than activating Trait 14 on the main weapon.
You can check the math in this thread (thanks and credit goes to Zagam).
7. Better not to spread activated traits between different lines of progression on your main Artifact during leveling: in this case the price of your first Gold Trait would be pretty much unbearable. Choose one line and fill it up to the Gold Trait that will boost your healing in a powerful way.
8. I'd suggest to use Artifact Calculator before spending Power because to drop and rearrange currently activated traits will cost you the last applied amount of Power (at least in the current Beta build, meaning: if the last activated trait costed you 340 Power - it will be the cost of rearrangement, if the last activated trait costed you 15000 Power - it will be the price).
TL;DR: level in whatever spec you want, it wouldn't affect in any way your end-game experience. The leveling efficiency (time spent) is roughly the same for both healing and dps specs.