Odinn

Icy Veins Moderator Recruitment

Sign in to follow this  

9 posts in this topic

10296-icy-veins-moderator-recruitment.jp

With the significant increase in forum activity following the Warlords of Draenor release, Icy Veins is looking for volunteers to moderate class forums, answer questions, and contribute to ongoing theorycraft. Applications are being accepted until February 7, 2015.

Strong candidates for moderators will be players who have a background in providing positive assistance on class-specific subjects in a forum environment (not necessarily Icy Veins). Theorycrafters who have developed original content of their own are also excellent potential moderators.

Moderators are being sought for the following classes/specs:

Death Knight: Blood , Frost/Unholy

Druid: Balance, Guardian

Mage: Arcane

Monk: Brewmaster, Mistweaver, Windwalker

Paladin: Holy, Protection

Priest: Shadow

Rogue

Shaman: Elemental, Enhancement

Warlock

To apply, send a private message to Damien with:

- The class (spec) that you are applying for

- Examples of class assistance (forum posts, blogs, etc.) you are the author of

- Any other pertinent information you deem relevant

While these positions are volunteer in nature, Icy Veins can provide exposure for theorycraft work, and typically receives beta keys to upcoming Blizzard titles for staff. A group dinner for Icy Veins staff BlizzCon attendees is also organized.

Good luck to all applicants!

We're looking for a few good (or evil - looking at you, Warlocks) orcs. Join team Icy Veins!

• Like 2

You forgot to mention shirts and hoodies! Blizzcon is super exciting, but it's even better when you're wearing an Icy-Veins shirt as a conversation starter. My girlfriend wears my hoodie sometimes around St. Louis (it's a little small for me) and even around here people will come up to us and start talking about WoW when they see the Icy Veins logo.

Looks like a PUG recruiting list, no hunters or healers needed.

Volunteering is a great way to help out something you passionate about, expecially when you can help or provide insight into a topic you feel strongly about. Been using Icy-Veins for a couple of years now, one of the best sites for detailed information about classes!

• Like 1

I like posting guides for general stuff instead of going class specific since I don't spend so much time on one class. Gotta level them all :)

I like posting guides for general stuff instead of going class specific since I don't spend so much time on one class. Gotta level them all smile.png

You can apply for General Section moderator, if you want. Great Heirloom guide, btw smile.png

I've already followed the recruitment instructions but I wanted to just post here my absolute love of Death Knights and working out the ways to optimize them. Already did a lot with unholy, working on frost now, and although I haven't posted too much yet, I haven't forgotten blood. 

I hope to be able to further help out and work with all those who are either passionate about DKs or wanting to learn the best a fun new class :D

I can't commit the time it takes to be a good moderator, but I will help as much as I can whenever I can to answer questions for Arcane Mages.

Damien is currently working on applications, he's been busy this past week but decisions will be made in due time, and we do appreciate your patience :)

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this