TheWillrus

PTR Changes to DFA

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

I play a Combat Rogue and noticed that on the PTR Death From Above is getting a ~25% buff to it's AOE.  Now I know that Venom Rush is best at the moment due to it's raw energy regen, however I was wondering when there was a scenario where DFA becomes a dps increase?  

I'm not great at theorycrafting but I hope that some people are more knowledged on the effectiveness of DFA?

I really want to use DFA.

DFA.

For Combat it still won't be great. At first glance it's looking as if it will be a decent buff for Assassination in particular and slightly for Sub, but overall nothing super amazing.

Still in tuning right now though, so we'll see

Combat loses too much time with white hits, and can easily energy cap due to its high Haste

Edit to add more detail: Combat's cleave is the exact same as its single target rotation - you just turn on Blade Flurry. Since BF hits an infinite number of targets, there's no real reason to need a special attack to cleave 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Narii625
      SERVER: Illidan
      RAID TIMES: Fridays & Sundays 10pm - 1am Server Time.
      LEGION PROGRESSION: 2/11M at the end, started Mythic on every other raid tier.

CURRENTLY RECRUITING
      Tank ABOUT US
      Now recruiting for BfA!
      Currently looking for a skilled and laid back Tank for the upcoming expansion.
      We're semi-casual in terms of the time we spend raiding, but are serious about progression, attendance, and performance.
      Booty Pirates is a close-knit late night guild that hangs out in Discord frequently. We enjoy joking around, playing alts, doing Mythic+, playing other games, or just hanging out. 
      Fun guild events are scheduled often!
      Overall, we're very social with guild members that actually talk to each other.
      (18+ required, we talk like pirates!)
      GOALS FOR BfA
      In Battle for Azeroth we plan to push Mythic more than we did previously in Legion, and not spend nearly as much time on Heroic. 
      This means we will jump into Mythic/Heroic weekends as soon as the majority of the Heroic gear is done. (Mythic Friday and Heroic Sunday, for example, until we phase Heroic out completely.) 
      SCHEDULE UNTIL FIRST TIER*
      Below are our events the beginning weeks of BfA! All events start at 10pm CT.
      Week 1
      August 13th (Mon) - BfA Weekday Leveling Party! August 17th (Fri) - Leveling up in BfA Drinking Party August 19th (Sun) - Leveling up in BfA Non-Drinking Party Week 2
      August 24th & 26th (Fri/Sun) - Mandatory Mythic 0 to prep for Tier 1 *Schedule subject to changes.
      JOINING THE BOOTY PIRATES CREW
      Make sure to add me on Battle.net and/or fill out our app to join us. We look forward to speaking with you!
      Start the app here! 
      Battle.net ID: LadyPluu#1299
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Deathrattle Rogue guide.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Quest Rogue Deck.
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Pogo Rogue deck.
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Malygos Rogue deck.