FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hearthstone Legendary Mage Mech Midrange GvG

Thanks Sottle! I see it's very similar to the Aggro/Rush deck you created in December, apart from like a 2 card difference. How would you describe the differences between them? Apart from cost and Rush vs Midrange.

Why not just update the old one? smile.png

Good question. In situations like this, where you see two similar decks go up, it's because both are equally viable. If i update an old deck with a new build, it's because I view that build to be strictly better. In this case, this build is not strictly better, both are appropriate.

Thanks Sottle! I see it's very similar to the Aggro/Rush deck you created in December, apart from like a 2 card difference. How would you describe the differences between them? Apart from cost and Rush vs Midrange.

That is pretty much it. The faster deck will have consistently faster starts, and will run over opponents a lot faster, where as the slower deck will have more stability going into the late-game and is less likely to run out of options.

Guest Guest

Thanks for the deck.  But im incredibly frustrated with the luck i'm having.

Almost every single initial draw is being filled with 4-5 drops (i see mech yetis and blastmages almost every game in my draw).  Mulligan helps but doesnt help much.  When I do get a good start this deck is awesome.  And the changes (adding the additional legends) sometimes helps in those games when I dont get off to a good start, but they often dont even show up.

This seems to defy the laws of probability!   (not your fault.  Im just stymied here).

Yeah, it happens. Aggro decks in particular are prone to bad draws sometimes, it's one of the reasons Zoo has remained such a staple for a long time, if their opening is weak, they can fix the issue very quickly by drawing cards.

Guest Humberto

Would Gazlowe fit into this deck? I thought it might be a good backup for use with spare parts if I don't draw into Antonidas in the mid to late game. I've been looking for a way to use him since he was the first legendary I got back when GvG was released xD

He's just too slow, even Antonidas is slow to the point where if your initial big Antonidas play doesn't pay out like you expected it to, the opponent has too much of a chance to stabilise. Gazlowe is just even worse than that, since it will never win you the game the turn you play it, and the Mana investment is just going to give a Control deck too much time to stabilise.

Guest Humberto

Awesome, thanks for the explanation, I guess I should just disenchant Gazlowe for an epic then, if there's no good use for him?

Hi,

What should I use instead of Piloted Sky Golem and Antonidas? 

In the section "Card Swaps" sugests The Black Knight but I don´t have that card. 

Should I use 2 more mech like Harvest Golem? Or, drop 2 mech and add 2 Mad Scientes and 2 secrets? Or other option? 

Guest Erix

Very powerful deck, thanks.It does rely heavily on the startup cards. It don't have Antonidas so I replaced him with Kel'thuzad. Play him after Dr.Boom and you have ultimate board control, love it.

Guest LeopardShark

Great deck! I was wondering if there is a way to fit unstable portal in here? I also recently opened Blingtron 3000, do you think he is usefull in here (I somethimes see him in mech mage)?

If you want to fit Portal, you should also include Mana Wyrm in place of some of the early game minions like Cogmaster and Annoy-o-Tron

Guest TeamAmerica

Thank you for this deck, I managed to get to legendary for first time using it

Guest Shadis86

Is Sylvanas a viable play instead of Piloted Sky Golem?

Is Sylvanas a viable play instead of Piloted Sky Golem?

Sure. Less synergistic, but potentially powerful.

Guest Mage

I find this deck doesn't have any answers for when your opponent clears your board with an aoe spell and then starts to build a large board for themselves.

Also, as stated in the strategy section, the deck can get low on resources and there isn't a significant solution.  The drake doesn't solve this - at least in my experience.

Is there room in the deck for a flamestrike and/or arcane intellect?

That's part of the skill in playing aggressive decks against controlling ones, knowing how much to commit to the board in case of potential AoE. You need to constantly be evaluating how much pressure you need vs how bad it is if the opponent has the relevant card to clear your board.

Flamestrike is not that great in this deck, some people do go with Arcane Intellect, but if you do, you should include Mana Wyrms in place of Cogmasters, and add Unstable Portal as well to get some spell synergy in the deck.

Guest G_T

Sottle, I know you usually dodge such quetions and say "it depends" or "both are viable", but I'd really like to know which of those two - aggro mech or this - you consider as better. Without "it depends" and so, let's just say you are about to pick a mech mage for yourself for ladder, which of those two would you pick?

Sign in to follow this