FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hearthstone Legendary Mage Mech Midrange GvG

Guest Guest

Sottle, you don't like Mad Scientist - Mirror Entity engine? Why? Scientist variant seems to be much more popular than "pure" right now, most Mech Mages I meet on ladder run MS-Entity.

Guest Anton

This deck is so bad meta call nowadays. Everybody runs at least one healbot, some run more other heals. so games usually look like this:

1) if you don't gain huge advantage from the begining you should scoop and not waste time. 

2) If you do gain huge advantage around turn 6-7 you are going to realize the game started sneaking out of your hands - you are close to finishing them off, but they have much more cards and probably at least started stabilizing and regaining board control. And then they drop Healbot and you are totally out of steam, gg.

The deck is good, but now it's just impossible to reach legend or even higher ranks with it. Zoo and Face Hunter are much better aggros, they at least don't auto-loose to single heal and don't have consistency issue, which this deck does.

The deck is good, but now it's just impossible to reach legend or even higher ranks with it.

Nope.

I agree that the resurgence of Zoo has hurt Mech Mage a lot, but this deck is still easily capable of Legend.
  • Thanks 1

Guest matuka

Thank you Sottle for this guide. I just crafted Doctor BOOM and I'm in Love. Also, I decided to include flamestrike. one of the reasons; I'm lacking snowchugga', goblin blastmage (Thought i had it but no :/...), Azure Dreake. stuff like that.

So, I faced a warlock. I played DR.BOOM while having board control. So, he answer with ONYXIA biggrin.png. I GOT A FLAMESTRIKE! I just flamestrime then wreck the Onyxia with a SINGLE boom bot, it dealt the maximum 4 damage so yeah.

Then he just outright surrendered cuz the wrecking was about to begin and he didnt want to feel the beating biggrin.png hahahahah.

So far like this deck type. Mech Deck it is indeed. But I only tried this for 2 games and my deck is slightly modified. But it does have about 20/30 of these cards in the decklist, in play... And I put some other spell damage cards to try compensate for azueare dreake and such. It was so fun playing the deck, even though I didnt have a mechwarper until mid-late game. I still won against something like seems a HandLock maybe. warlock anyway

Guest WickedGames

Hey i was wondering, i had been using Loatheb, but after about 50 games i started to feel like i wasnt getting much use out of him. 

What do you think about swapping him out for an Enhanc-o-Mechano? The first few games its been helping alot. 

Ok so I made some modifications and I was wondering if I could get your input on them. 

I didn't like the idea of giving my opponents spare part cards, so I got rid of the mechanical yetis. 

I swapped one out for the Arcane Nullifier X-21, and the other for an Enhanc-o-Mechano. 

Also, I felt like I wasn't getting very effective use out of Loatheb, so I swapped him out for a Bomb Lobber. I think he's a really good addition to this deck because of the lack of ability to retake control of the board. 

Thoughts on these substitutions? 

The problem is what you're describing is a win-more card. If you say you won a game with Enhance-o on turn 4, I take it to mean you already had your first few minions stick to the board from turns 1-3, in which case, you probably win that game anyway, so Enhance-O didn't do anything.

Now compare that situation to one where your opponent has fought you evenly for the first few turns, would you rather have a 4/5 in your hand on turn 4, or a card that is only good situationally?

Guest SNake101

Hey Sottle, I only have one question for interest sake.

What are the advantages of having a Spider Tank over a Harvest Golem?

Both are 3-drops and give the same stats in general(3/4 and 4/3), however Harvest Golem is a bit more sticky in my opinion as it takes double damage to clear it completely, where as something like a Kill Command, Evicerate, Flamecannon, etc. will kill the Spider Tank instantly.

Your thoughts on this?

Spider Tank is more aggressive, and actually has an impact against opposing creatures, 2 power just doesn't trade that well for a 3 Mana minion, and you already have a lot of low power guys in the deck.

Just for a really simplistic example, imagine a Mech Mage mirror, you play Tank, your opponent plays Harvest Golem, you attack the Golem, ping the left over token with Hero Power and play a 2-drop.

Guest Shanu

Hey Sottle I noticed that when I do lose with this deck it's mainly because I run out of steam and I get to a top-deck scenario where if I draw Archmage Antonidas or Dr. Boom, I win, but if I don't, I lose. How would you feel about replacing the Piloted Sky Golem with an Arcane Intellect?

Also, I noticed a few variations of Mech Mage running MS/Mirror Entity for more tempo. Most notably, Kolento replaces 1 Clockwork Gnome, the Piloted Sky Golem, 1 Mechanical Yeti and 1 Azure Drake with MS/Mirror Entity. What are your thoughts on that? Wouldn't that also fix my above-mentioned problem?

Regardless, thanks for the guide, it's been the most succesful deck for me so far, even though it's so popular and many people have gotten used to playing against it.

Guest Papazian

What can you replace Dr. Boom with? Sadly don't have him... (F2P player).

Guest Shanu

What can you replace Dr. Boom with? Sadly don't have him... (F2P player).

Piloted Sky Golem, I guess?

This deck WILL NOT get you to legendary..... Honestly it won't even get you close.... I would consider yourself EXTREMELY lucky to get to rank 8...or 10 even...

This deck WILL NOT get you to legendary..... Honestly it won't even get you close.... I would consider yourself EXTREMELY lucky to get to rank 8...or 10 even...

*sigh*

Are you aware there was recently a high profile event where pro players were given brand new accounts and raced up the ladder? Guess what? One of them built Mech Mage and got to Rank 5 within 24 hours.

Not to mention you're criticising one of the staple decks in Hearthstone since GvG was released, a deck that not too long ago was considered the absolute terror of ladder, and was a consistent choice in people's lineups for top level tournaments.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, you're losing because you're bad. Get better.

• Like 1

Guest Shanu

Sottle pleaaaaaaaase answer to my question too sad.png i'll repost below

Hey Sottle I noticed that when I do lose with this deck it's mainly because I run out of steam and I get to a top-deck scenario where if I draw Archmage Antonidas or Dr. Boom, I win, but if I don't, I lose. How would you feel about replacing the Piloted Sky Golem with an Arcane Intellect?

Also, I noticed a few variations of Mech Mage running MS/Mirror Entity for more tempo. Most notably, Kolento replaces 1 Clockwork Gnome, the Piloted Sky Golem, 1 Mechanical Yeti and 1 Azure Drake with MS/Mirror Entity. What are your thoughts on that? Wouldn't that also fix my above-mentioned problem?

Regardless, thanks for the guide, it's been the most succesful deck for me so far, even though it's so popular and many people have gotten used to playing against it.

Guest Shanu

I had been playing HS for about 1 month before crafting this deck and I got to rank 7 the day I crafted it. Take better trades and don't overextend wink.png

Tried this deck, got wiped by Hunter by round 4.  Fastest loss for me ever.

Don't judge a deck by one try.

Sottle pleaaaaaaaase answer to my question too sad.png i'll repost below

Deck has received an update that should answer most of your questions.

Sign in to follow this