Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sskott

[US-Drak'Tharon][PLAYER][H] Hypercane (Resto/Ele Sham) Needs Reliable B.net Friends/Guild

1 post in this topic

Example of my raid healing UI here (random shit pug heroic)

I'll soon add a video for Elemental DPS version of my UI.

It seems as though few guilds exist nowadays. Instead, people form communities of truthworthy players from other realms to complete raid content if they happen to be online. No specific raid times, just build the right group of battle.net friends and you're bound to have a good experience. This is what I need help achieving.

I've been solo since WoD and it becomes very boring fast. Also frustrating as you often are playing with players with little skill or knowledge of what to do. I consider myself very good at playing my roll/class, but not dedicated enough to dedicate 20 hours of progression raiding in mythic each week. I'll do mythic casually, just not willing to dedicate time as a primary roster raider. My raid awareness is pristine, as a healer I still tend to top the interrupt charts. I make active use of all of my abilities when they're of use.

I haven't done progression raiding or arena since Wrath. Then I was realm first 25 Nax and Ulduar as a tank. I was also 2450 in 2vs2 playing prot warrior with resto druid. I was also 2300 in 3v3. Sadly, that account got banned early Cataclysm for using a fishing bot :(

I always view youtube videos extensively on mechanics of raid bosses so I know my role and how to play it well before attempting it. I'm always reading articles on how to improve my play style.

I am great at addon configuring at this point; especially weakauras 2. Examples as follows:

If my interrupt ability is off cooldown and my target is casting an interruptable spell; I'll hear a noise indicating to interrupt.
If my spell reflect is off cooldown, and my focus is casting hex, polymorph, cyclone, or fear; I'll hear a different noise indicating to reflect it.
My weakauras also shows me my optimal rotation based on current conditions, I've set it up to be that accurate.
If my health drops below 40%, a warlock stone symbol pops up in front of my character (If I  have one available to use) - same with victory rush.

Extensive knowledge of macros as well. Here's an awesome one if you don't have it; If you have the Nagrand combat mount but want to integrate it into a... use Nagrand combat mount if in Nagrand, use specific mount if zone permits no flying, use flying mount if zone allows it:

/run local m,f="Trained Snarler","Drake of the West Wind";if GetZoneText()=="Nagrand" then m="Garrison Ability" elseif GetCurrentMapContinent()~=7 and IsFlyableArea() then m=f end CastSpellByName(m)

I fear I'll quit this game again if I can't find reliable intelligent players to make arena and raid progress with. Having people in voice chat with a sense of humor helps; often hard to come by.

Please provide me with advice, or your status as a player and your battle.net ID so we can build a community of great casual players.

Thank you,

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ilia
      Sever: Terokkar 
      Raid Times: Tues & Thurs 8-11 Central
      Roles needed:
          - Healers (non priestor shaman)
           -DPS: need ranged would prefer warlock, melee would have to have a viable tank off spec
      Greetings and salutation! My name is Ilia and I am the GM and one of the raid leader for our raid group. <Curio> is composed of seasoned raiders. We have cleared H NH and are getting ready for Tomb of Sargeras!  Please add ilia#1583 for more information. We look forward to hearing from you!
    • By Felzietoo
      The Last Guardians on Khadgar / Alleria is recruiting for Mythic progression. We are currently seeking ranged DPS and a healer (Mage and H Priest Preferrable) who have at least cleared normal Nighthold. Please contact Shadowfoot-Khadgar , Naporan-Khadgar or Felzietoo-Alleria for more information. We raid Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays 9:30-11:30 Eastern time. (8:30 - 10:30 server time)  We are still clearing Heroic 1 night a week and have started working on Mythic progression.  
    • By kaoswielder
      Hi everyone

I won't pretend to be a veteran or a very good player because I am not either one of them (I don't raid or push Mythic+). But I've played rpg/arpg for around 15 years now on PC and have 7 lvl 110s. So I am somewhat not idiot when it comes to playing a class. However with an Enh Shaman, I am feeling like one. This class feels paper thin to play and damage seems exactly meh. Let me explain a bit more. 

I have a Frost DK, Sin Rogue, Havoc DH and a Ret Pally as melee. I felt confident while playing them that I can take on enemies and not die even if I pulled more than one. But when playing this Enh Shaman, I've died multiple times trying to do so. Not only that, it feels that a !@#$ty lvl 106 mob (same level as me) does more dmg per hit than I do. And mind you, this is not during dungeons but normal leveling. I've never felt this weak while playing any of my melee characters. I tried doing a Legion invasion to quickly level up and died basically half a dozen time doing every single invasion quest. I can't being to explain how frustrating that is.

Not only this, but damage wise every skill seems just not upto the mark when compared to other classes. My resource generator (Rockbiter) is a hand cramp inducing skill and I have to spam it a lot to generate Maelstrom which my other spenders just chew through. I get Stormbringer proc but its very few and far between and doesn't seem very effective even when it does. Isn't it supposed to be a nuke skill ?

I suppose this could be because of low points in my artifact and low level gear but I had the same situation on my other characters and it never felt bad like this is. I am losing my interest to play this class at all and no matter what rotation or build I try out, it is always the same result. I pull one enemy and then after killing it I spend my entire resource just to heal up.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong and if it gets better at higher levels or if next patch improves our situation.
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/saurfang/jhadphoonk

Thanks and have a nice day y'all
    • By PinkLuigi
      I know shamans are kinda messed up right now, what else is new.
      But I'm up to 900 and my already underwhelming DPS has seen no significant increase. I'm pretty sure it's tied to my low haste rating, but I'd like to make sure and see if it's just that or something else I can work to change.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/tichondrius/nimbonya

I'll Sim around 760k, This week I got 630k on Krosus, going up to 900k on Skorp and Tich.
      I feel like this is all far too low, one of our top dps is a warlock at i897 and often easily goes 900k and up just on single target.
      I could really use some help figuring out what I've done wrong and what I could improve.

My usual priority rotation works as follows:
      >Maintain Landslide/Flametongue/Hailstorm
      >Doom winds when off CD and Stormbringer proc'd.
      >Stormstrike when proc'd
      >LavaLash when proc'd
      >Stormstrike when off CD
      >Lavalash when 90+ Maelstrom
      >Rockbiter when -90 Maelstrom
      Feral Spirit-Crash Lightning combo and Doom Winds I'll sometimes delay if there's an add/burn phase, and I have a habit of refreshing Flametongue and Hailstorm on CD if I don't have any procs. I'll also occasionally mismanage Maelstrom and need to do 2-3 Rockbiters to get back up to speed.

My opener consists of: Prolonged Power>Feral Spirit>Rockbiter>Crash Lightning>Flametongue>Frostbrand>Stormstrike