Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Terkan

Frost DK - Switching between 2h and DW mid-fight

3 posts in this topic

So for the last few months I've been switching to DW whenever I need to AoE and back to 2h when I'm doing single target.

Do any of you guys do this? It seems to be a decent DPS gain from what I've seen.
I rock a 670 2h and for DW I use a 680 and a 665.

Here's a link to the logs my guild took last run: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/nwjnck7y4yjdqa8f/

I have no idea if you can see any useful info in World of Logs, I know it says to use warcraftlogs in the "How to ask for help."-topic but I honestly have no idea what the differences are and how to use either of the two, neither logging nor reading.

First post here, sorry if tags/formatting is wonky.

If you want any serious analysis/feedback, then we need you to upload logs on warcraftlogs.com and not this.smile.png

Do any of you guys do this? It seems to be a decent DPS gain from what I've seen.

2H Frost and DW Frost have a completely different stat weight, so you're going from mastery as the worst stat to the best in a second. Either you're gearing for both specs and you'll be fine or it simply is a DPS loss, even if it seems you're doing more damage (it's AoE after all), if that makes sense. 

I'd actually rather, and that's my opinion, main Unholy for ST and then switch to DW Frost for AoE, if you're more comfortable with it (UH does more AoE, though). Since they share exactly the same stat priority, you'd be fine.

Edited by ChaiNspliT

I'd actually rather, and that's my opinion, main Unholy for ST and then switch to DW Frost for AoE, if you're more comfortable with it (UH does more AoE, though).

Alas, you can only switch weapons, not respec mid fight (only Arthas can, using Necrotic Plague and Defile in one fight, haxxor). I would stick just to one spec in one fight, instead of switching 2H - DW. Not to mention the pain to actually get 3 good weapons instead of just 2 (or 1).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0