FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Divinetoots

Holy Paladin - Help?

Hi! happy.png

I’m Divinetoots and my hpal heals are less than stellar. L

Armory

Logs

(Really have your pick on fights. I’ve ranked less than 30 on all fights for my ilvl – Kromog is where the divide between our other healers and myself is quite noticeable though)

So… before I start. I haven’t healed on paladin since WotLK. So basically brand new…especially since I’ve only been playing it about a week. I was playing an arcane mage, and the guild needed a holy paladin… so I volunteered. We had to gear her up quickly – so my prioritization is weak. I have way too much mastery, not nearly enough crit. I’m working on getting her different gear, but in the meantime… My plea of help is more rotation/spells on BRF output outside of gear optimization.

Couple of things  I know I need to work on:

Uptime of EF – Trying to get in the habit of keeping it rolling. On tanks. And me (or mechanically inept guildies) blink.png 

HS on cd – I feel like I try to do this as often as possible, but I know that’s the first thing that is usually mentioned on the posts I have looked at. I’m working on it 

I don’t know if I’m doing anything else that is fundamentally wrong. Are those 3 things really enough to put me so low on our meters?

I’m only 5-10 ilvls short of everyone else - also... no kicking our disc priest to up my heals isnt an option wink.png 

Kinda feel like Hermione in 1st year broom riding class. I’ve read the material… cant get those numbers to go “up”. Any input is super valuable and greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

Tootles

re those 3 things really enough to put me so low on our meters?

HolyShock and EF give you lot of HPS.

I explain a bit why HS is VERY important on CD:

1) Instant cast (you can cast it on move, so whenever you move - press it)

2) Cheap

3) Generate holy power. Hp let you cast EF, wich cost NO mana, have low cast time (like FlashOfLight) and HoT your target.

4) Have x2 crit chance

5) Proc(from crit, but we have x2 crit) fast-cast for holy-light, witch give you more hps, couse HolyLight cast will be faster than FlashOfLight, and for lower mana cost(than FoL).

6) When you use AW(wings), you HS cd lowered by 50% and it raise it crit chance by 20%(10x2), and also AW give you 10% haste wich lower HS cd even more. So you will have like ~80% crit with your gear(20raidbuffed+20AW x 2 couse of HS). So when you press AW your rotation will be HS-HolyLite-HS-HolyLight. If haste not high enough, you just coud cast HolyLight without proc or cast FlashOfLight(or EF).

Now i cheking your BeastMaster fight, and you cast HS 86 times per 9.16 min, it shoud be 120~. Couse of it you miss lot of procs for HolyLight and lot of HolyPower for EF.

I reccomend you set upp weak auras or tellmewhen addons for HS cd chek, it will notify you whenever it off cd.

Also for beastmaster i found - better EF target with dot from Woolf, couse they recive dmg ~30 sec. EF will heal its 100% for this target, and 100% for 2 beacons. Its better than EF tanks. But ofc, if you have HP for DoT and Tanks, you shoud EF both. Also you coud EF with 2HP, couse it will HoT target for lower time, but "tick" will be for same amount of health.

So you understand all right, you need HS, EF more often. But truth is - you forgot press HS lot of times, so as i said before - install some addons for easier track of it. Also most ppl do mistake - they move spell-bar to bottom of screen, so they didnt saw their cd. I dont know how your interface looks like, but it coud be problem.

Also if your guild have money, you coud ask for candle(int+mana use) trinket.

Edited by Elarion

I must say, when I first came to this forum I was having issues making heads or tails of people advice. Then I stumbled across this little gem and I have since gone and read most of Elarions posts, to which I must say, thank you. I have followed your advise and it has landed me in the top, and if not at least second healing spot in my guild on a consistent basis. I was always so down since we don't have a big raid wide AOE healing CD, but really, with the numbers we can put on just through regular heals, I don't care any more. Haha

I won't lie, I'm still trying to get to the level of ranked pallies that are at my current ilvl but I'm just not there yet. :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Brerathiel
      As the title suggests - I think it's time that we discuss our Beacon(s) and their place in the current 'meta'.
      Most of you will probably not agree with me but I feel like there's a very limited impact to beacon currently. When Legion was first announced I was thrilled at the prospect of tanks losing the 'I am a wall of iron....' and becoming more dependent on their healers again. And I say this despite playing a Guardian Druid for most of WoD with raiding Mythic throughout the expansion.
      Once more it was going to be down to your healers to keep you level and you would focus primarily on smoothing out the damage intake while still picking up adds, tank swaps, controlling pace, positioning etc. (the list goes on and on obviously!). Healing yourself was no longer to be your responsibility!
      Currently it feels like we've moved too far away from that again. Now this - of course, being an issue not only for paladins but an overall issue with the current state of tanking.
      But I digress.... The reason why I feel Beacon needs to be reworked slightly is because currently beacon is having a very minor effective healing vs the overhealing it 'provides'. I've heard several arguments for this. Some feel that 'it is free overhealing so why should we care?' but I lean to the side of: What is the point of having a spell, which is undoubtedly one of our core abilities, that have such a low impact?
      I feel like some tuning is in order for it. Maybe rework what it actually does? Tuning overall healing throughput of tanks?
      Rework our mastery to be more interactive with throughput in relation to beacons?
      I can't really offer any substantial solutions to the problem but I still feel that it is, in fact, a problem.
      What are your thoughts on this? Has Blizzard dug themselves into a hole again with the current state of tanking or could a rework of the Beacon sort the issue so that it feels that Holy Paladins are once more the Go-To 'Tank Healer' with a more impactful kit? 
    • By Skyaire
      Hey everyone!

I was playing my Paladin today and as I get to where I unlock my concordance on my off specs, I had been distributing my AP so I don't have too much to grind when I turn my attention to them. Today it was the Holy spec. I added some AP from my daily AP grind. But instead of popping my Concordance and the 4  talents around it, it stopped at Silver Touch and stacked all my remaining points into it. Now my Holy Weapon says it is maxxed out. I did report it as a bug, but I was very curious if this has happened to anyone else. I did take a screenshot of what it looks like, and have posted it below.

• By Elesis
      Hive have opened up recruitment!

Hive is a 2-day mythic raiding guild on Ravencrest-Alliance. We are a core of raiders who have been together since before the launch of Legion and are looking to expand on our Raiding Roster for the opening of Tomb of Sargeras. We are a fairly new guild and as such are a work in progress.
      We are aiming for a spot within the top 20-30 guilds on Ravencrest on progress, and are looking for more raiders with an ambition and dedication at the same level.
      Recruitment:
      1x Holy Paladin
      1x Rogue
      1x Warlock 
      1x Mage 
      1x Rogue
      Legion Progression:
      Emerald Nightmare: 7/7 M
      Trial of Valor: 2/3 M
      The Nighthold: 5/10 M

Raid Days:
      The raiding times in Hive are Thursday and Sunday from 19:30 until 23:30 Server time (CEST). Invites to the raids will go out starting at 19:15. We require all raiders to be ready and available to execute the first pull of the raid at 19:30.

Loot:
      The loot in Hive is distributed amongst the raiders through a Loot Council. This council includes 3 Officers and at least 2 Raiders. During the remainder of the Nighthold Raid, all Trial Raiders will have equal rights to any loot drops as a core raider - Once Tomb of Sargeras is open however, Raiders will have priority over Trial Raiders within reason.

Requirements:
      -All communication during raids will be in English and we require all our raiders to be on Discord and able to speak, with a functioning mic. 
      -80% attendance on main raids. Due to this low attendance requirement, we have a large roster of players and all raiders may be subject to rotation in the raiding team on any given night.
      -A positive attitude towards constructive critisism - We expect all raiders to know their class through and through.
      -Preparation. All raiders are required to show up with enough Flasks, Food, Health potions and Combat potions to last through a night of extensive progress wiping. We may also ask you to use Defiled Augment Runes on progress fights. Vantus Runes are provided by the guild bank.

If you are looking for further information or have any questions, feel free to contact any of our Officers on Battle.tag:
      Elesís - Elesis#2594
      Jösh - JoshSmith#2461
      Bamf - Bamf#1142
      Or visit Hive - Ravencrest

• By Flenidalap
      Raid Schedule:
      Tues-Thurs, 7:30pm-11:30pm PST
      About our Guild:
      Roadrunners formed at the start of Wrath. Raiding on a short schedule(3 days), we are able to stay competitive by making effective use of our raid time. Loot is handled fairly with a loot council. We aim for a raiding roster of 25 players who are able to maintain a high level of play and attendance. We are making a concerted effort to push our rank into the top 100 US for Legion. We are looking for progression minded players who want to raid on a shorter schedule.
      Our Raiders:
      Roadrunners is full of mature players who love to play WoW. They have a great understanding of the game/class mechanics and are always willing to help new recruits out. Active alts are always encouraged and we even have a few alt raids that run every week. Many of our players are very avid gamers and play other games as well.
      About our Server:
      Kil'jaeden has been around since Vanilla and has always been a high population server. The server is always busy with an active trade chat and auction house. Pug groups for raids and rbgs are constantly forming.
      Applying:
      If you want to apply with Roadrunners please visit rrkj.enjin.com and follow the Application guidelines and template.
      Trial Expectations:
      If you are accepted for trial you are expected to be in guild and ready to raid by the next reset. Each player is expected to have their own source of food/flasks. Trial periods typically last 2-4 weeks, during which you will receive plenty of raid time so that your play can be evaluated. We expect you have a working mic and are able to communicate clearly should something happen during an encounter. Being able to take constructive criticism is a must. We are looking for progression minded players who want to raid on a shorter schedule. Class knowledge and prior raid experience is a huge plus.
      Questions:
      If you have any questions about joining our guild feel free to pop on over to our server and ask us. Most raiding members will be able to answer your questions or direct you to someone online who can. Our guild members and officers are always happy to speak to you, so feel free to add one of our wonderful and knowledgeable officers, Cudlebumkins (doggysaywhat#1288), Falaenx (Falaenx#1333), and Hersheys (Hersheys#1791). Thank you for taking your time to consider our guild.
    • By VeeImperium
      Stormrage [A] - 3/7 Mythic - 7/7 Heroic - FRI & MON - 9pm-12am EST
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Imperium, a progressive and well-respected raiding guild. Seeking like-minded individuals to join our team.  We provide good guild culture, consistent loot distribution, laid-back leadership, like-minded, courteous, kind, and polite people.
      Our team has been playing together for 8 years. We have always maintained a strong progressive raid team in 10 and 25 mans with a very minimal raid schedule. When considering new members, we seek individuals who have excellent communication skills, a high level of maturity, and a manner of adult professionalism.

Raid Info
      Friday & Monday 9:00pm - 12:00am EST
      Emerald Nightmare - 3/7 Mythic - 7/7 Heroic

What to expect from us...
      - Raids that start and end on time.
      - A community of in-game support and socializing, Veteran players, 980+ Characters, 580+ Active Accounts, 650+ Level 100s.
      - Opportunity to be part of our weekly raid sales group
      - Fair and consistent leadership that only accepts quality players, and understands mistakes can happen.
      - A friendly and competitive dps environment, with frequent 95%+ parses
      - An opportunity to see all the content WoW has to offer.
      - Raid Consumables, and Enchantments provided.
      - Adult atmosphere, average age 25.
      - We DO NOT recruit for bench positions.

What we expect from you...
      - Desire to be part of a team. This includes being on Mumble and taking an interest in the guilds objectives, upholding its principles and helping to secure its longevity.
      - Great verbal communication during raid.
      - Good attitude and mutual respect towards fellow guild and raid team members.
      - High to perfect raid attendance.
      - Perseverance. Wiping is part of the game, and staying motivated and positive is a must.
      - Know your class and all of its abilities. Have a viable off spec for the team.
      - Be active and contribute to the guild forums.

Currently Recruiting:
      1 Ranged DPS: Hunter, Warlock or Shadow Priest
      1 Healer: Holy Priest, Holy Paladin or Resto Shaman
      Exceptional players are always considered.

Visit ImperiumGuild.ca to apply or to learn more about us.
      Vee#1811
      Mochi#11316
      Roxycodone#1543
      Nyyankees29#1435
      Skratchh#1194