Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vezah

How to deal with combat 4 set god procs?

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys

I have a few questions about how to go about the combat 4 set procs. I'm currently ilvl 691 and have been doing well as combat, but I feel like there is more to the 4 set.

It happens quite often that I get 3-5 4set procs in a row, which inevitably will cause me to energy cap. I play with Anticipation to handle my insight level better. 

Situation 1: I'm at 5 CPs and 5 Anticipation stacks, advanced into stage 3 shallow insight, I cast eviscerate and proc the 4 set so I am back at the same amount of CPs and anticipation stacks, however now my energy is close to capping / capped and my next eviscerate will surely waste energy. 

Do I cast sinister strike, and waste energy and potential 2 combo points to advance to moderate insight, or do I eviscerate until I'm able to cast sinister strike again to dump some energy?

Situation 2: I have 5 CPs, 3 anticipation stacks, and sitting at level 3 moderate insight. I sinister strike to gain deep insight, proc the extra combo point, and now have full CPs, and full anticipation stacks. Killing spree has 20sec left on cd, I hit eviscerate twice, proc 4 set each time, so now KS came off CD, I still have all my CPs and all anticipation stacks AND I'm energy capped. Do I killing spree despite being energy capped, or do I eviscerate as often as possible, and then hit killing spree? what if the next 2 eviscerates proc the 4 set too?

I can't count on god procs, but if it happens, that would be 40 seconds I could shave off my next killing spree cd.

it just seems like so much energy goes to waste. 

thoughts? I really appreciate any feedback and answers.

1) Evis. The damage is higher, and a small bit of wasted energy isn't the end of the world so long as your gcd's are full. 

2) Evis twice, KS, then deal with procs. Delaying KS is worse than capping energy, and saving any procs for after the cast allows for immediate reduced cooldown.

The only exception to the second one would be if there's some kind of boss mechanic that makes it a bad idea to KS at that time, but this is always a rule

Thanks for the reply Carrn

I have another question regarding situation 1: what If I'm at level 3 of moderate insight instead of shallow? Would that one sinister strike to push into deep insight  be a dps gain since I will get 2 guaranteed eviscerates with a higher dmg buff off? If its a dps loss, is it dramatic? 

very much appreciate your time to look over this!

Going up an Insight level will almost always be a dps increase, even at the loss of a cp or two.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Essix
      So I know the title sounds a bit silly, but hear me out. My problem with MfD is, quite simply, that it locks the upper body of your character into the /point animation and I hate how it looks. I hate it hate it hate it. I use MfD, then Run Through, and my rogue does this weird crouching lunge forward with her cutlass pointing up into the sky. It's so infuriating, and I can't just wait until the animation finishes because I'll lose DPS.
      So, how much does MfD outclass the other max level talents for Outlaw? I just want to know if it's even possible to take one of the other talents and have even somewhat competetive DPS.
    • By Oromisism
      Hi guys,
      i just done Elisande on Heroic and i am not really satisfied with my dmg overall, so i wanna ask if someone could take a look over my logs and give me some advices. Thank you :)
      logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/11194942/latest/
      armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/malorne/Jybril/simple
    • By MayorMayo
      Howdy howdy!

Requisite armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aggramar/Mayo/simple Requisite most recent parse: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/93755/latest Am I following the Icy Veins rotation? Yup, for the most part, unless I have a brain fart. With that out of the way, I want to start by saying that I’m not unsatisfied by my DPS, but I know that I can do more / do better. 
      I’ve got two of the best legendaries (Ashes to Dust & Chain of Thrayn), two of what I think are the best trinkets. I’ve got the Claw of the Crystalline Scorpid (880) and the Entwined Elemental Foci (890) but don’t use them currently because my sims are showing Convergence of Fates (895) & Might of Krosus (895) being ~7-10k higher, but I’m very open to hearing if maybe the sims aren’t as accurate as I’d like to think they are.
      I’m just... stuck on how to get there. I was hoping that I could get some sage advice from other paladins in here.
      All of your thoughts are most appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Mayo 
    • By Bowers2194
      <Mors Certa>
      Sargeras (PvP-CST)
      Chicago Datacenter
      www.morscerta.com

About Us
      We’re a Mythic raiding guild of close friends looking to meet new people and have fun, all while progressing at a steady pace.
      We offer a competitive raiding atmosphere on a very minimal schedule.  Raiding only 9 hours a week and being competitive is a tough task, so we want people who are not only reliable, but know how to make the most of a short period of time.
      Past progression included pre-patch kill of Mu’ru, Kil’jaeden, Yogg-Saron (0 Light), Algalon, Anub-arak, Lich King, Cho’gall, Sinestra, Deathwing, Lei Shen, Ra-den, and Garrosh.

Raid Times
      Tuesday-Thursday 10PM-1AM CST (server time) or 8-11PM PST. 
      Only NINE hours a week!!!

Progression
      Emerald Nightmare (7/7 Mythic)
      Trial of Valor (3/3 Heroic)
      Nighthold (1/10 Mythic, 10/10 Heroic)

Recruitment Needs
      Healer
      --Druid
      Melee DPS
      --any competitive, high DPS
      Ranged DPS
      --any competitive, high DPS

**All quality players regardless of class will ALWAYS be considered**

What We’re Looking For
      -Be reliable – show up to raids on time on a consistent basis.
      -Understand your class- knowing when to swap to a different talent for a specific fight can often push a raid group over the top. Knowing when to play fire instead of arcane, or survival instead of marks is also a very important quality.  This included all hybrid classes that have damage and healing specs.
      -Experience, skill and gear – We are looking for people wo want to progress seriously and have a capability to play your class to a high level. We expect applicants to have combat logs to prove this as well.
      -Attitude – We have a fairly laid back raid atmosphere, but you must be willing to accept criticism.  If you are told you are messing up repeatedly, it is nothing personal, but we may sit you for the fight to get a kill.
      -Outside raid participation – Artifact power and legendries are two systems put in place in Legion that have an impact on raiding.  We are looking for raiders that perform their own player progression outside of raids (mythic+, artifact power farming, etc.) We do not require our raiders to be at 54 traits, but each raider must actively pursue this goal. 
      -Having an alt is a bonus, but by no means required.

What We Offer
      -A competitive raid environment
      -A stable guild that has existed for many years
      -Other friendly players with multiple classes to socialize and play with

Contact Info
      If any of this interests you at all, please feel free to contact us in game or on our website.
      We DO NOT do formal applications. After an interview on Discord, we will set you up with a try out during our farm run.  In the end, it’s your play that should decide whether you get into the guild or not. 
      www.morscerta.com (most website purposes are now run through our Discord)
      Battle tags: chimi#1777, chomp#1748 or chrisbowers#1297
    • By Avayl
      Hey guys, we're a newly formed guild on Stormrage alliance. Most of our leadership transferred over here from a heavy progression mythic guild just to run something a bit more casual and be a part of something a bit less dramatic. Although we're quite laid back we will still be looking to progress quickly through normal, heroic, and later on mythic NH. Not a super hard push, more about having fun and killing bosses than world/server firsts. That said we do still expect you to be prepared, on time, and skilled at your class/spec.
      Progression raids are on Saturdays and Sundays, We are looking for 875+. There is also a more casual raid on Fridays that does normal.
      Saturday and Sunday 6pm EST until 10pm EST.
      Friday starts at 10pm EST. 865+
      Class needs:
      Melee DPS - DK, Ret Pally, Warrior, Rogue
      Ranged DPS - Shadow Priest
      Healers - Druid
      Any dps that has an offspec tank is a huge plus!
      We're a tight knit guild and run +'s and Kara all the time. Always have things on calendar and discord is very active.
      If this seems like a good fit for you please contact me here or one of our officers in game.
      Purake- Parker#1401
      Zeraphel (GM)- Yami#11320
      Adorno- Steamsh0vel#1446