Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Heroes of the Storm Valla

17 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Valla build guide for Heroes of the Storm.

Hey great guide! Very good talent breakdown and whole-sale Valla goodness.

Please re-check section 7.2. I think there is no movement speed reduction in "Blood for Blood".

I am sorry but I am confused regarding Executioner talent.

You say that slow is a "rare" thing in HOTS but you just selected a talent that gives 40% slow during 2 seconds using Vallas W.

How is this "rare"??

Really confused about that reasoning it sounds like you are contradicting yourself.

I was wondering about the viability of a build I've been running with Valla as of late and it seems to perform rather well. I run a build based on siphoning arrow and am using it as a strong single target spec which seems to do rather well at burning down pretty much all heroes. I take siphoning arrow and vampiric assault for some self sustainability, then repeating arrow, strafe, frost shot for the slow, tumble and the vengeance/nexus frenzy depending on how the other team is playing. If the other team seems to push to far ahead in team fights I go with vengeance  for the insane burst if not i just stick with nexus frenzy. I've noticed that when combing siphoning arrow with the double strafe and the instant cooldown you can gank low health targets very well, especially when consistently changing lanes. 

I am sorry but I am confused regarding Executioner talent.

You say that slow is a "rare" thing in HOTS but you just selected a talent that gives 40% slow during 2 seconds using Vallas W.

How is this "rare"??

Really confused about that reasoning it sounds like you are contradicting yourself.

The reasoning behind the choices is that two seconds of slow only lets you land two attacks, which isn't much of a damage increase when compared to the trade-off. Executioner can be extremely strong under the right circumstances, however, I write guides with consistency in mind - not potential. If you have someone like Arthas on your team that can more or less permanently slow opponents, then Exec becomes outstanding. I can't really think of any other reliable examples, however.

Another point that is worth noting is that Executioner does not affect abilities. Certain particularly volatile team fights end in the duration that it takes for a Strafe channel to be complete, essentially voiding the talent's usefulness. A counter-argument could certainly be made for Rain of Vengeance. Anyhow, I always welcome viewers to experiment with talents, as only very few of them are actually objectively "wrong". Thank you for your feedback.

I was wondering about the viability of a build I've been running with Valla as of late and it seems to perform rather well. I run a build based on siphoning arrow and am using it as a strong single target spec which seems to do rather well at burning down pretty much all heroes. I take siphoning arrow and vampiric assault for some self sustainability, then repeating arrow, strafe, frost shot for the slow, tumble and the vengeance/nexus frenzy depending on how the other team is playing. If the other team seems to push to far ahead in team fights I go with vengeance  for the insane burst if not i just stick with nexus frenzy. I've noticed that when combing siphoning arrow with the double strafe and the instant cooldown you can gank low health targets very well, especially when consistently changing lanes. 

Hungering Arrow-related builds have made a bit of a comeback as of lately. I personally run such a build specifically against assassin-heavy compositions, where I know I may not be able to consistently attack, and where the sustain will be necessary. 

I find the build suffers heavily in terms of Mana management, and in general damage-dealing purposes, such as for taking out mercenaries. It can also be a tad dangerous to use Tumble offensively for the reset, though that's always to your personal discretion. Hungering Arrow is also notoriously bad while laning, due to its inability to be used through minions.

Really great guide, helped me alot.
But I found something interesting: Tempered by discipline actually can be of use, as discipline stacks are withering before hatred stacks, so basically hatred stacks are much easier to maintain.
I like that, its probably not worth it most of the time, but something to consider.

Really great guide, helped me alot.

But I found something interesting: Tempered by discipline actually can be of use, as discipline stacks are withering before hatred stacks, so basically hatred stacks are much easier to maintain.

I like that, its probably not worth it most of the time, but something to consider.

Hi,

That is a very interesting comment, and something I had not considered myself. You do point out - rightly again - that it isn't that useful. Well played.

1 hour ago, Craggles said:

Needs an update.

Could you perhaps let us know what you feel needs updating especially? I'm not doubting whether or not something does need an update, but it can often help our guide writers to get through reviews and updates much faster when people give feedback, rather than just a simple "needs an update".

Thanks for your comment.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Blainie said:

Could you perhaps let us know what you feel needs updating especially? I'm not doubting whether or not something does need an update, but it can often help our guide writers to get through reviews and updates much faster when people give feedback, rather than just a simple "needs an update".

Thanks for your comment.

Well, valla got an entire rework. All talents have entirely changed. I have been checking the website for the past days as well to see your recommendations :)

keep up the good work!

2 hours ago, Blainie said:

Thanks for your comment.

A lot of things changed with the latest patch: http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20243513/heroes-of-the-storm-patch-notes-september-13-2016-9-13-2016#Valla

1 person likes this

For something like a full rework, it most likely takes more time to prepare and implement due to the amount of work and testing involved. Rest assured it will come soon.

On 9/16/2016 at 8:09 AM, Blainie said:

For something like a full rework, it most likely takes more time to prepare and implement due to the amount of work and testing involved. Rest assured it will come soon.

Pretty sure the guide was already updated by the time he posted, so I'm a bit confused.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Oxygen said:

Pretty sure the guide was already updated by the time he posted, so I'm a bit confused.

I'm confused now too. They said it needed a rework, I don't play Valla and now everything is bad :(

I think for Q build at lv 10 and 20 the strafe talents works better with that build playstyle as you don't use much auto hits. I use only that build when i play Valla and strafe complements it in the way to fill the time you need to wait before recast your QEQ combo to burst down opponents and in a while provide the healing you need while Q is in cd since your auto hits are not much useful and are usually dangerous to use against targets you should stay away from as much as possible like Valeera.

4 hours ago, Hanz39 said:

I think for Q build at lv 10 and 20 the strafe talents works better with that build playstyle as you don't use much auto hits. I use only that build when i play Valla and strafe complements it in the way to fill the time you need to wait before recast your QEQ combo to burst down opponents and in a while provide the healing you need while Q is in cd since your auto hits are not much useful and are usually dangerous to use against targets you should stay away from as much as possible like Valeera.

You will still be relying on your auto attack, so picking these talents is still good. The Heroic ability is up to personal preference at the moment, so you can pick the one you prefer. If you prefer StrafeStrafe, I recommend picking it, because picking the Heroic on Valla you can play better with improves your performance.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0