FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S20 Hearthstone Aggro Tempo Mage BrM

Guest LddStyx

There is no Counterspell in this deck :S

Echo of Medvidh works really nice in this version, more Flamewakers = more fun. Also I don't think Sylvanas is needed, since it's aggro variant. I even saw builds without Boom and Tony (or with Tony as only Legendary), because they focus on finishing the game before reaching late-game.

Guest Taho

Yeah, I'm not sure about this.  Just went an awful 2-5 with it.  Not sure if it's me, the deck, or the current meta.  I agree with the above poster about leaving out Sylvanas in this aggro variant.

Usually I really like the decks posted here as they are, but this one doesn't quite feel up-to-snuff.  Probably going to return to the more midrange Tempo version with which I've had success.

Guest Lurker

This deck is awful. Gets flat out smoked by Zoo, Face Hunter, Demon Lock, Dragon Pally, and Mech Mage. Or, you know, most current meta decks. Maybe it can be good against Oil Rogue, I don't know because no one plays that anymore.

Sottle usually posts pretty solid decks, but he swung and missed on this one. Tempo Mage is dead, and this version isn't any better than the previous one right now.

Funny how I played this deck throughout Viagame qualifiers, going 7-2 in sets yesterday, and hit Legend on NA with it last season after I gave up on top 100 Legend EU.

I can definitely see Sylvanas for Loatheb by the way if you want to make that change.

Regarding the no top-end builds that Geoff mentioned, yeah i've seen and tried them, they're way too all in for my liking, so easy to run out of gas if the opponent is able to answer your start, or if you don't get one.

Guest Marshall

I run a secrets heavy variant of this deck. I use 2 Duplicates, 2 Mirror Entities, and 2 Kirin Tor Mages. I also use 17 spells because Duplicate, Mirror Entity, and Unstable Portal all give me creatures while setting off Flamewaker's ability. The deck is running well so far since I created it last week. I've only lost 2 games with it.

Guest Chickenpotpie

Seriously? This deck is great. And a lot of fun. Thanks Sottle. Read everything that Sottle says about the deck and how to use it. So far, patron OTK decks puts a stop to this deck. But other than that, this deck is a really good one. I replaced loot hoarder for thalnos. Just can't be aggressive with it like you could with loot hoarder. Then dr. Boom is a slap to the face and it creates a good finisher. Same with antonidas.

Guest Milka156

Would Emperor be a good replacement if you don't have archmage? Since most people will have Emperor.

No, you very rarely have more than a couple of cards in your hand come turn 6, so Emperor will rarely get strong value. Loatheb would be a lot better in terms of the Adventure Legendaries.

Guest nickthijsselink

hey, im currently running mech mage with piloted sky golem and without scientist/entity. would this deck be better reaching legend or wuld you recommend another mage deck? which one domyou like best? thanks for all the effort

I think it's very close, both are quite strong right now. I personally favour this deck a little more just because I find it more fun to play, but Mech Mage is still very good.

Guest himegoto

Hi sottle or if anyone can answer my doubts.

I'm a relatively new player 3 weeks in. Got to rank 10 in the last season and currently at 15. I've been playing this deck ever since I crafted my Antonidas which was just 3 days ago...

Still it baffles me because the wins I get from this deck isn't fast tempos at all. I'll usually have to wait till my enemies exhaust most of their cards for me to put on my flamewakers to surprise them and win the game. If I put out my flamewakers too early they just die. And this deck isn't fast enough for zoo, face hunters, mech mages, mech shaman.....

There are only a few occasions where I get lucky hands, breeze through, playing this like a fast tempo deck.

I subbed in 2 mech yetis in my deck.

Do you find the meta being harsh on this deck? Or there are swarms of aggro players at my rank. This deck also doesn't perform well in late game. imo it shines the most in mid-late game.

There are only a few occasions where I get lucky hands, breeze through, playing this like a fast tempo deck.

Do you find the meta being harsh on this deck? Or there are swarms of aggro players at my rank. This deck also doesn't perform well in late game. imo it shines the most in mid-late game.

In my experience there is a very significant gap between "ideal" curve and just "normal" one in aggro/tempo mage decks. The great start can roll over anything. But it doesn't happen that often.

The tempo mage's kill zone is getting opponent under 12 health (two fireballs or similar turn). Sometimes it comes easy, sometimes it's a struggle, sometimes you are too busy not instantly dying to Face Hunter.

On one hand it's get easier with experience and having a very good mental model of your resources in deck and how they are being spent during the game. On other hand, inconsistency gets to me at times and I just switch to decks that (I feel) are more consistent (I put together not too expensive Zoo and it works good for that).

Guest Dawid

Well. This set is good only in 1 condition. If got luck at picking cards. Otherwise its GG sad.png

As with any Tech card, if you're finding enough targets for it then sure. Just be aware that Kezan Mystic is insanely bad in any matchup that isn't Hunter or Mage, so i'd want those two classes to be making up at least 40% of my games before I made the change.

• Like 1

Kezan also counters itself. Playing as secrets class you also get to steal your own secrets back if opponent snatches them. This makes it less of a dead card if meta is secret-heavy and other classes are teching it in too.

Yep, having Secrets in your own deck is definitely another potential activator for Kezan, it ups your live percentage of matchups by a little, but not a lot.

Sign in to follow this