Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Heroes of the Storm E.T.C.

22 posts in this topic

I'm having trouble winning with this hero, at no fault to the guide. What makes him such a popular pick in the HotS scene?

A number of changes were made on E.T.C., he feels like he has more AoE potential now but that is just my opinion, please update the guide quick as now the information for E.T.C. before Kael'thas was released is now horridly out of date, excellent guide though

The guide is now up to date for the Kael'thas patch :)

A number of changes were made on E.T.C., he feels like he has more AoE potential now but that is just my opinion, please update the guide quick as now the information for E.T.C. before Kael'thas was released is now horridly out of date, excellent guide though

yeah but the control and utility is better in my opinion, i dont like the hotslogs build thats being around, not trying to be disrespectful or anything, tbh i like this one better, something i dont understand in the popular build rght now is why pick up the increased range on the q and the pick up tour bus, its hard to catch people and youre adding something that will make them escape its weird to me, its just my opinion

yeah but the control and utility is better in my opinion, i dont like the hotslogs build thats being around, not trying to be disrespectful or anything, tbh i like this one better, something i dont understand in the popular build rght now is why pick up the increased range on the q and the pick up tour bus, its hard to catch people and youre adding something that will make them escape its weird to me, its just my opinion

The extended Q range exchanges survivability for a bit of initiation potential. You have pretty much underlined the reasons why I avoid picking it myself.

The extended Q range exchanges survivability for a bit of initiation potential. You have pretty much underlined the reasons why I avoid picking it myself.

yeah the extended q should only  be picked if the enemy team back line is squishy and you want to be really bad to them, like saying the quote from spiderman when he enters the cage "youre going nowhere i got you for 3 minutes",  so you can punish the back line, this is better with a 2 tank strategy, usually tyrael or anub at youre side so they have more thing to worry about that just you but the problem is that, like youve said, youre toooooooooo wayyyyyyy predictable in ETC with whatever ultimate you pick, but damn i love getting a mosh pit and i bet a lot of people like that too. even better with the new sounds =P

Something i might add its that i dont agree with people saying he was nerfed, i think he is still a good warrior, they just removed the absurd early damage, and cmon if you like rock this one will left you with a really good taste in youre mouth

yeah the extended q should only  be picked if the enemy team back line is squishy and you want to be really bad to them, like saying the quote from spiderman when he enters the cage "youre going nowhere i got you for 3 minutes",  so you can punish the back line, this is better with a 2 tank strategy, usually tyrael or anub at youre side so they have more thing to worry about that just you but the problem is that, like youve said, youre toooooooooo wayyyyyyy predictable in ETC with whatever ultimate you pick, but damn i love getting a mosh pit and i bet a lot of people like that too. even better with the new sounds =P

Something i might add its that i dont agree with people saying he was nerfed, i think he is still a good warrior, they just removed the absurd early damage, and cmon if you like rock this one will left you with a really good taste in youre mouth

Indeed. Having two tanks allows you to build more aggressively, since in theory, damage will be split between E.T.C. and the other tank.

On the synergies, Zagara is missing a header.

Fixed, thank you!

The level 1 talents don't match up between the icons and explanations. (Which is weird, because I'm pretty sure they did before.)

Icons: Prog Rock recommended, Pwn Shop Guitar situational

Explanations: Block recommended, Prog Rock / Rolling Like a Stone situational

Edited by Matenshi

should phoenix be added to talents mosh pit synergizes with?

I'll be doing a big pass over older heroes to include newer ones shortly. It definitely should.

Face melt description needs update: Face Melt can reliably interrupt STATIONARY channeled abilities, such as Ravenous Spirit or Triple Tap (remove Jug and Overkill).

Face melt description needs update: Face Melt can reliably interrupt STATIONARY channeled abilities, such as Ravenous Spirit or Triple Tap (remove Jug and Overkill).

That is correct, the "daze" changes still haven't been implemented in the older guides. I'm planning to do a big pass over said older guides over the course of the next month to fix mistakes like these.

Quick question. Why are non-recommended talents listed on ETC's Common Talent Path for levels 4 and 7? Won't that lead to some misunderstandings?

1 hour ago, Guest RzfX said:

Quick question. Why are non-recommended talents listed on ETC's Common Talent Path for levels 4 and 7? Won't that lead to some misunderstandings?

This has most likely been missed in updates! Will get it fixed, thanks :)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator is this real? cant even say that this guide is horrible from horrible player? xD

6 minutes ago, rozmex said:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator is this real? cant even say that this guide is horrible from horrible player? xD

We take feedback seriously. Instead of saying "omg this suxx" how about you told us which part of the guide you think is inaccurate or outdated and why? Post such as this get us nowhere.

On 10/22/2016 at 11:32 PM, Guest RzfX said:

Sometimes mistakes slip up in there, especially after patches. I'll fix it.

On 12/25/2016 at 9:12 PM, rozmex said:

You certainly make me miss being 12 years old.

1 person likes this

Hi! First of all, I believe "face melt" should be be "pinball wizard" in the lvl 7 not recommended section. Ok, so I have general question about the guides on this site. What type of players are they for? I ask this because I've always believed there to be at least two metas in hots. The noob meta... I'm talking: playing with the masses, silver league, rage flaming, nova hating nubs like myself... and the pro meta: Precise, calculated to exhaustion, king of the nerds, raw finger tipped, MVP black lvl players. I assumed that the guides on this site lean toward the latter as most guides tend to do. We all like to theorycraft like the pros and pretend that it matters when combined with terrible execution, sluggish reactions, and numbskull plays. The point I'm going to make is this. I see pros taking many skills that are not recommended on this site on a regular basis. For instance I don't think I've seen a single pro etc player take speed metal. I mean I'm sure it's happened but they tend to take crowd surfer or occasionally load speakers. I know that things work in the noob meta that dont in the pros and vise versa... but this regular discrepancy between pro play and recommended talents on this site is what leads me to question the validity of some of the opinions here or at the very least the explanations. Now, I've thought that maybe this site is geared towards a third meta... the semi-pro meta. Talkin, diamond league, stary eyed dreamers who are convinced that if they just didnt have to go to that pesky school their parents are always talking about that they could be pros. So... maybe some talents are viable in the noob meta, underpreform in the semi-pro meta, and then pwn everything when Koreans play them? Or something? Since such a small percentage of people are actually in that semi-pro meta I wonder why that would be the standard for guides... but then again I suppose it's what we all aspire to be. Most decent noobs can actually attain that lvl of play at times. Just thinking it all through. I like the site... but I also like guitar hero/ hammer on combination sometimes so it is very possible that the entire site should be "not recomended". teeheejkjklulzgg

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0