E.T.C. Build Guide “You can't kill the metal!”
Welcome to our guide for E.T.C., a Tank in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
E.T.C. is a disruptive and resilient Warrior. Teammates will find his outstanding ability to initiate, peel, and provide an unusually high utility as an archetypal tank useful. His limited damage output, however, means that E.T.C. players must work well with allies in order to secure kills.
E.T.C.'s Strengths and Weaknesses
- Dependent on good positioning
- Very limited sustained damage output, making him poor at claiming Mercenary Camps
- Predictable playstyle
E.T.C.'s Talent Build Cheatsheet
Standard BuildTalent calculator »
This standard build provides superior survivability, utility, and crowd control. Key aspects of the build lie in greatly improving the disruption potential of Face Melt. Aggressive Shredding provides a surprising amount of healing. Though Mosh Pit is suggested as a Heroic Ability, Stage Dive can be a valid choice as well.
E.T.C.'s Synergies and Counters
Having a well-rounded Ability set, E.T.C. works well on most Maps. His sub-par PvE damage dealing capacity, however, makes him a poor choice on any Map featuring Objectives that need to be taken out quickly.
E.T.C.'s Tips and Tricks
- Use Powerslide along with Face Melt to easily push opponents towards or away from your teammates.
- Make the best out of Rockstar's Armor by using Guitar Solo whenever you are being attacked.
- Capitalise on Stage Dive's global range to split push or soak Experience.
- Keep track of enemy crowd control so that Mosh Pit is not interrupted.
Role in the Current Meta
E.T.C. is the most evident example of an archetypal tank who thrives in group play, thanks to Powerslide and his innate toughness. As such, E.T.C. is typically picked in aggressive team compositions with plenty of follow up to capitalise on his reliable initiate. Although nearly impossible to gank, he is not a particularly strong solo laner, and should instead remain with allies to support them in various ways. Scouting is one important task that E.T.C. can fulfill better than most Heroes. As needed, Stage Dive turns E.T.C. into a potent split-pusher, allowing a team to safely pressure two Objectives at once after the laning phase.
- 11 Oct. 2019 (talents page): Talents section updated.
- 11 Oct. 2019 (abilities page): Abilties section reviewed.
- 11 Oct. 2019 (this page): Guide updated.
- 21 Jan. 2018 (this page): Guide fully updated.
- 26 Apr. 2017 (this page): Guide updated for Genji's patch and moved to the new format.
- Deathwing Meta Tier List (December 2019)
- Heroic Deals: December 10th
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: December 10th
- Why Diablo 2 Still Holds Up After 20 Years - Book Excerpt
- Heroes of the Storm AMA Recap: December 5th
- Heroic Deals: December 3rd
- Weekly Brawl - Industrial District: December 6th
- BlizzCon Winning Cosplays Interview
- I love the idea of Heritage Armor, but something that would make them better are Heritage Weapon Sets
- Heroes of the Storm Maiev
- Heroes of the Storm Brightwing
- Trivia: Maxium Multi-kill Icon
- Heroes of the Storm Thrall
- looking for ranked team