E.T.C. Build Guide “You can't kill the metal!”
Welcome to our guide for E.T.C., a Melee Warrior Warrior in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
1. E.T.C.'s Overview
E.T.C. is a well-rounded Warrior. His strongest points are his exceptional durability, disruption Abilities, and team-wide buffs. As an archetypal frontlining tank, E.T.C. players are expected to set-up and peel for their more fragile allies in order to allow them to support and deal damage more effectively.
2. E.T.C.'s Strengths and Weaknesses
- Dependent on good positioning
- Limited area of effect damage
- Predictable playstyle
3. E.T.C.'s Talent Build Cheatsheet
Balanced BuildTalent calculator »
This Balanced Build seeks to provide E.T.C with a healthy mix of offense, defense, and crowd control. Key aspects of the build lie in greatly improving the disruption potential of Face Melt, and in improving E.T.C.'s generally abysmal waveclear through the Echo Pedal. Though Mosh Pit is suggested as a Heroic Ability, Stage Dive is a valid choice as well.
4. E.T.C.'s Synergies and Counters
5. E.T.C.'s Maps
Having a well-rounded Ability set, E.T.C. works well on most Maps. His sub-par PvE damage dealing capacity, however, makes him a poor choice on any Map featuring Objectives that need to be taken out quickly.
6. E.T.C.'s Tips and Tricks
- Use Powerslide along with Face Melt to easily push opponents towards or away from your teammates.
- Make the best out of Rockstar's Armor by using Guitar Solo whenever you are being attacked.
- Capitalise on Stage Dive's global range to split push or soak Experience.
- Keep track of enemy crowd control so that Mosh Pit is not interrupted.
7. Role in the Current Meta
E.T.C.'s high base Health and the defensive nature of his Talents and Abilities make him one of the toughest tanks. Powerslide and Face Melt are versatile Abilities that allow him to both initiate and peel effectively. His trait, Rockstar, generously increases his Armor, granted its effects are maintained. Both Heroic Ability choices — Mosh Pit and Stage Dive — are game changing. Mosh Pit is a dangerous channeled area of effect stun that has the potential to lock down an entire team for a lengthy amount of time. Stage Dive turns E.T.C. into a potent split-pusher, allowing a team to safely pressure two Objectives at once after the laning phase.
- 26 Apr. 2017 (this page): Guide updated for Genji's patch and moved to the new format.
- Orphea Comic
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: November 13th
- BlizzCon 2018 Diablo Immortal Press Conference Recap
- Orphea Talent Calculator Now Live
- Activision Blizzard Q3 2018 Earnings Call
- Weekly Brawl - Trial Grounds: November 9th
- Heroes of the Storm Post-BlizzCon 2018 Developer AMA Recap
- Tempo Storm BlizzCon 2018 Interview
- Heroes of the Storm Jaina
- Heroes of the Storm Lúcio
- Heroes of the Storm Mal'Ganis
- New tactic idea
- Heroes of the Storm Brightwing
- Heroes of the Storm Zeratul
- Heroes of the Storm Chromie
- Heroes of the Storm Kerrigan