E.T.C. Build Guide “You can't kill the metal!”
Welcome to our guide for E.T.C., a Tank in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
E.T.C. is a disruptive and resilient Tank. Teammates will find his outstanding ability to initiate, peel, and provide an unusually high utility as an archetypal Tank useful. His limited damage output, however, means that E.T.C. players must work well with allies in order to secure kills.
E.T.C.'s Strengths and Weaknesses
- Dependent on good positioning
- Very limited sustained damage output, making him poor at claiming Mercenary Camps
- Predictable playstyle
E.T.C.'s Talent Build Cheatsheet
E.T.C.'s Synergies and Counters
Having a well-rounded Ability set, E.T.C. works well on most Maps. His sub-par PvE damage dealing capacity, however, makes him a poor choice on any Map featuring Objectives that need to be taken out quickly.
E.T.C.'s Tips and Tricks
- Use Powerslide along with Face Melt to easily push opponents towards or away from your teammates.
- Make the best out of Rockstar's Armor by using Guitar Solo whenever you are being attacked.
- Capitalise on Stage Dive's global range to split push or soak Experience.
- Keep track of enemy crowd control so that Mosh Pit is not interrupted.
E.T.C.'s Role in the Current Meta
E.T.C. is the most evident example of an archetypal Tank who thrives in group play, thanks to Powerslide and his innate toughness. As such, E.T.C. is typically picked in aggressive team compositions with plenty of follow up to capitalise on his reliable initiate. Although nearly impossible to gank, he is not a particularly strong solo laner, and should instead remain with allies to support them in various ways. Scouting is one important task that E.T.C. can fulfill better than most Heroes. As needed, Stage Dive turns E.T.C. into a potent split-pusher, allowing a team to safely pressure two Objectives at once after the laning phase.
- 27 Oct. 2020 (talents page): Talents and builds reviewed and updated.
- 07 Sep. 2020 (talents page): Talents and builds reviewed and updated.
- 30 Aug. 2020 (this page): Role in Current Meta section updated.
- 19 Jul. 2020 (talents page): Talents reviewed and updated.
- 05 Apr. 2020 (talents page): Description and recommendation updated for Pinball Wizard.
- 13 Dec. 2019 (this page): Added a note about current Anomaly.
- 11 Oct. 2019 (abilities page): Abilties section reviewed.
- 11 Oct. 2019 (this page): Guide updated.
- 11 Oct. 2019 (talents page): Talents section updated.
- 21 Jan. 2018 (this page): Guide fully updated.
- 26 Apr. 2017 (this page): Guide updated for Genji's patch and moved to the new format.
- Masters Clash Championship Schedule: April 17-18
- David Kim Leaves Blizzard (WoW Principal Designer and Former Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer)
- Masters Clash Championship Recap: April 10-11
- Tune in to Masters Clash Championship this Weekend: April 10-11
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Masters Clash Championship Recap: April 3-4
- The "Grandfather" of Classic Omar Gonzalez Left Blizzard for Dreamhaven
- Tune in to Masters Clash Championship this Weekend: April 3-4
- Heroes of the Storm ARAM Tier List
- Heroes of the Storm Malfurion
- Heroes of the Storm Falstad
- Heroes of the Storm Master Tier List
- Heroes of the Storm Valla
- Heroes of the Storm Tracer
- Heroes of the Storm Deckard
- Heroes of the Storm Probius