E.T.C. Build Guide “You can't kill the metal!”
Welcome to our guide for E.T.C., a Tank in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
1. E.T.C.'s Overview
E.T.C. is a disruptive and resilient Warrior. Teammates will find his outstanding ability to initiate, peel, and provide an unusually high utility as an archetypal tank useful. His limited damage output, however, means that E.T.C. players must work well with allies in order to secure kills.
2. E.T.C.'s Strengths and Weaknesses
- Dependent on good positioning
- Very limited sustained damage output, making him poor at claiming Mercenary Camps
- Predictable playstyle
3. E.T.C.'s Talent Build Cheatsheet
Balanced BuildTalent calculator »
This Balanced Build seeks to provide E.T.C with a healthy mix of offense, defense, and crowd control. Key aspects of the build lie in greatly improving the disruption potential of Face Melt, and in improving E.T.C.'s generally abysmal waveclear through the Echo Pedal ability. Guitar Hero and Aggressive Shredding provide a surprising amount of area of effect healing. Though Mosh Pit is suggested as a Heroic Ability, Stage Dive can be a valid choice as well.
4. E.T.C.'s Synergies and Counters
5. E.T.C.'s Maps
Having a well-rounded Ability set, E.T.C. works well on most Maps. His sub-par PvE damage dealing capacity, however, makes him a poor choice on any Map featuring Objectives that need to be taken out quickly.
6. E.T.C.'s Tips and Tricks
- Use Powerslide along with Face Melt to easily push opponents towards or away from your teammates.
- Make the best out of Rockstar's Armor by using Guitar Solo whenever you are being attacked.
- Capitalise on Stage Dive's global range to split push or soak Experience.
- Keep track of enemy crowd control so that Mosh Pit is not interrupted.
7. Role in the Current Meta
E.T.C. is the most evident example of an archetypal tank who thrives in group play, thanks to Powerslide and his innate toughness. As such, E.T.C. is typically picked in aggressive team compositions with plenty of follow up to capitalise on his reliable initiate. Although nearly impossible to gank, he is not a particularly strong solo laner, and should instead remain with allies to support them in various ways. Scouting is one important task that E.T.C. can fulfill better than most Heroes. As needed, Stage Dive turns E.T.C. into a potent split-pusher, allowing a team to safely pressure two Objectives at once after the laning phase.
- 21 Jan. 2018 (this page): Guide fully updated.
- 26 Apr. 2017 (this page): Guide updated for Genji's patch and moved to the new format.
- Weekly Brawl - Industrial District: May 24th
- Heroes of the Storm Balance Update Patch Notes: May 21st
- Heroic Deals: May 21st
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: May 21st
- Heroic Deals: May 14th
- Weekly Brawl - Lost Cavern: May 17th
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: May 14th
- US Senator Seeks to Ban Loot Boxes & Pay-to-Win Microtransactions
- Heroes of the Storm Nazeebo
- Heroes of the Storm Lúcio
- Heroes of the Storm Anduin
- Heroes of the Storm Azmodan
- Heroes of the Storm Nova
- Potential Team Comp
- Heroes of the Storm Fenix
- Ana's Best Nano-Busters