E.T.C. Build Guide “You can't kill the metal!”
Welcome to our guide for E.T.C., a Tank in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
E.T.C. is a disruptive and resilient Tank. Teammates will find his outstanding ability to initiate, peel, and provide an unusually high utility as an archetypal Tank useful. His limited damage output, however, means that E.T.C. players must work well with allies in order to secure kills.
E.T.C.'s Strengths and Weaknesses
- Dependent on good positioning
- Very limited sustained damage output, making him poor at claiming Mercenary Camps
- Predictable playstyle
E.T.C.'s Talent Build Cheatsheet
Standard BuildTalent calculator »
This standard build provides superior survivability, utility, and crowd control. Key aspects of the build lie in greatly improving the disruption potential of Face Melt. Aggressive Shredding provides a surprising amount of healing. Though Mosh Pit is suggested as a Heroic Ability, Stage Dive can be a valid choice as well.
E.T.C.'s Synergies and Counters
Having a well-rounded Ability set, E.T.C. works well on most Maps. His sub-par PvE damage dealing capacity, however, makes him a poor choice on any Map featuring Objectives that need to be taken out quickly.
E.T.C.'s Tips and Tricks
- Use Powerslide along with Face Melt to easily push opponents towards or away from your teammates.
- Make the best out of Rockstar's Armor by using Guitar Solo whenever you are being attacked.
- Capitalise on Stage Dive's global range to split push or soak Experience.
- Keep track of enemy crowd control so that Mosh Pit is not interrupted.
Role in the Current Meta
Note about the current Anomaly: E.T.C. is an excellent choice for this Anomaly, with plenty of mobility and self-sustain to reliably gather Experience Globes. Face Melt's Knockback can even be used to push opponents away from their own Globes to deny Experience.
E.T.C. is the most evident example of an archetypal Tank who thrives in group play, thanks to Powerslide and his innate toughness. As such, E.T.C. is typically picked in aggressive team compositions with plenty of follow up to capitalise on his reliable initiate. Although nearly impossible to gank, he is not a particularly strong solo laner, and should instead remain with allies to support them in various ways. Scouting is one important task that E.T.C. can fulfill better than most Heroes. As needed, Stage Dive turns E.T.C. into a potent split-pusher, allowing a team to safely pressure two Objectives at once after the laning phase.
- 13 Dec. 2019 (this page): Added a note about current Anomaly.
- 11 Oct. 2019 (talents page): Talents section updated.
- 11 Oct. 2019 (abilities page): Abilties section reviewed.
- 11 Oct. 2019 (this page): Guide updated.
- 21 Jan. 2018 (this page): Guide fully updated.
- 26 Apr. 2017 (this page): Guide updated for Genji's patch and moved to the new format.
- Blizzard Sending Out Classic Burning Crusade Character Creation Surveys
- Weekly Brawl - Industrial District: March 27th
- Diablo Community Manager Nevalistis Leaves Blizzard
- Lady Vashj Hype is Over For Now
- Heroic Deals: March 24th
- Blizzard Provides Staff with Care Packages During Lockdown
- 2020 Ranked Season 1 Extended By Two Weeks
- All Heroes Free to Play Until April 2nd
- Heroes of the Storm Kharazim
- Heroes of the Storm Kerrigan
- Heroes of the Storm Kael'thas
- Heroes of the Storm Samuro
- Heroes of the Storm Illidan
- Heroes of the Storm Zeratul
- Heroes of the Storm Diablo
- burst thrall