FORUMS
Damien

Heroes of the Storm Tyrael

What do you mean Burning HaloBurning Halo has no synergy with rest? Most obvious one is with Ardent RestorationArdent Restoration! Easiest way to obtain/keep stacks without having to do much, just throw sword.

Not to mention it's damage that can easily add up, and can be done in poking fashion, since sword does it itself.

• Thanks 1

On 28. 1. 2018 at 2:41 PM, SleepySheepy said:

What do you mean Burning HaloBurning Halo has no synergy with rest? Most obvious one is with Ardent RestorationArdent Restoration! Easiest way to obtain/keep stacks without having to do much, just throw sword.

Not to mention it's damage that can easily add up, and can be done in poking fashion, since sword does it itself.

Thanks! I asked Kendric to change the discussion to reflect this.

Why was Sword of JusticeSword of Justice placed as "Not recommended"? It has use, you can jump into whole enemy team, play it very agressively and bait out long CD abilities. After that, you can re-engage.

1 hour ago, SleepySheepy said:

Why was Sword of JusticeSword of Justice placed as "Not recommended"? It has use, you can jump into whole enemy team, play it very agressively and bait out long CD abilities. After that, you can re-engage.

Yes, it's very useful, but it shares a talent tier with Holy Ground and Law and Order both of which are more reliable and useful for the vast majority of games. Sword of Justice has it's niche, but it's so rarely relevant that it really shouldn't be recommended. Unless the player knows exactly what they're doing with it and is sure it's necessary it's not going to give as significant an advantage/utility as the other talents it's competing with.

I agree. The issue with Sword of Justice is its duration. Half the time, you do not use your El'druins Might immediately. Sword of Justice does not increase the duration of El'druins Might, meaning if you want to get value of this talent, you need to use it immediately and then again within that time frame. Basically, you have a 3 second window on average to do what you need before you need to get the hell out and during that window, Tyrael can't do much besides baiting CDs. Yes, there is juke and save potential but usually Holy Ground serves a better purpose both offensively and defensively whereas Law and Order provide direct buffs to your survivability and team damag.e

I prefer Sword of Justice. Lets me port to teammates to boost their speed/shield them without sacrificing myself like another warrior would need to do. It also lets me chase down and finish kills before porting back again to avoid retaliation from enemy team. Where a squishy might have to let them go due to danger, Tyreal can sometimes ignore that threat thanks to double port. Gives Smite, a very long reach, and keeps armour up after porting.

Sword of Justice is attractive in theory, but in practice, pulling off the desired maneuver is better accomplished by throwing your Eldruin's Might behind you, in your own team's line, before diving. Then you can burst forward with Smite, or even Judgement, run a bit of disruption, and then teleport back. You don't get the benefit of hitting them with your sword throw, but if you take Holy Ground, you can throw the sword at one of your squishy teammates, and when you teleport back, they now have the Holy Ground to stand in, which helps keep any enemy melee assassin's at bay.

Divine VigorDivine Vigor is marked as not recomended because Tyrael doesn't have a lot of basic attack damage, but can it be a good choice if paired with talents like Purge EvilPurge Evil or Swift RetributionSwift Retribution, and Seal of El'DruinSeal of El'Druin?

On 23/02/2018 at 12:06 AM, PrivateJoker said:

Sword of Justice is attractive in theory, but in practice, pulling off the desired maneuver is better accomplished by throwing your Eldruin's Might behind you, in your own team's line, before diving. Then you can burst forward with Smite, or even Judgement, run a bit of disruption, and then teleport back. You don't get the benefit of hitting them with your sword throw, but if you take Holy Ground, you can throw the sword at one of your squishy teammates, and when you teleport back, they now have the Holy Ground to stand in, which helps keep any enemy melee assassin's at bay.

Not a theory for me. I use the 100% teammate shields on top of armour. I talent for team tank but fight like a bruiser. Works out very well in every comp so far. Quick fights as both attack or peel. Speed boost and shield everyone, keep up my sword armour while porting back and forth, use speed boost to catch or escape. It's pretty aggressive. Reminds me of Artanis but a shift from damage to defense.

By having double port you can block off an escape then flee. This allows you to pick off enemies that aren't alone. A holy ground can block but you would be caught longer by the other enemies. It also means you don't need to save your speed boost for escape and just focus on offense. Not to mention the armour maintained to keep you alive further.

The Judgement port I use often but not always for attack. Sometimes I'll use it to catch those diving squishie teammates then porting to draw attention before porting where I dove earlier to finally escape.

There is also the most important factor. Ports are fking awesome! :p

Guest E build talents

E build talents for Tyrael synergize very well into making him very hard hitting and difficult to kill.  Ardent Restoration, Divine Vigor, Purge Evil, ult as needed, Sword of Justice or Holy Ground, Smite the Wicked, 20 as needed (and Seal with this build adds to his damage and sustain, so doesn't suck).

It's less team sustain, but Tyrael becomes a serious threat in diving backline heroes (Judgment doesn't hurt for this) without much repercussion, and his control of enemy movement speed makes it hard for enemies to get away from him.  In situations where the other team isn't stacked with CC and blind, Tyrael with SoJ can almost do whatever he wants.