Vastidious

24-Hour Stream to raise funds for Hearthstone Podcaster's upcoming eye surgery

Sign in to follow this  

2 posts in this topic

We are running a 24-hour stream tonight (Friday/Saturday) to raise funds to help Ariannwyn, a co-host of the casual podcast, Legend of the Innkeeper. She needs to have eye surgery to correct a condition called Esotropia. Espo is going to spend the next 24 hours playing Hearthstone on Twitch in an effort to raise funds to help with the surgery.

For the last 14 hours, fans and followers of both Hearthstone and the Legend of the Innkeeper podcast have come together to support one of the co-hosts as he streams for straight 24 hour period in order to help raise funds for Ariannwyn. Ariannwyn (Emily) has recently been diagnosed with Esotropia (a mis-alignment of the eyes) and is going to require an unexpected surgery in order to correct her vision. 

The stream will continue for the next 10 hours until 7pm EST with hopes that they can further close the gap. If you want to join in the fun, visit the stream at http://www.twitch.tv/LOTIPodcast. You can also visit the GiveForward campaign page for more information and to donate. https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/f7r8/eye-surgery-for-emily-eason-ariannwyn-#

Edited by Vastidious
  • Like 1

Vastidious, I don't have money to give but I'll say a prayer for your daughter. I hope her surgery goes well and that she recovers quickly. I look forward to hearing updates as I listen to your podcast.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Aleco

Aleco walks through a series of simple early-game decisions while playing an Unstable Evolution deck.
      "Simple early game decisions" and "multi-turn decisions" are the two most common requests I've been receiving since the start of this series, so I decided to do an episode that tackles both! In today's episode I navigate a series of relatively simple early-game decisions against an aggressive Hunter start with my Unstable Evolution Shaman deck.
      If you have any requests for future episodes of "What's the Move?", please feel free to reach out to me here on Icy Veins or via Twitter @Aleco_P. I prefer to always fulfill requests for new episodes if possible, and always love hearing feedback from the community which can help me improve on this series in the future. Don't be shy!
      If you're looking for the guide I referenced in this video, please follow this link to "Legend in the Making: Part 2". 
    • By Zadina

This promotion runs for the next month.
      The latest Twitch Prime promotion for Hearthstone is now active. Sign up for Twitch Prime until February 10 and you will receive two free Kobolds & Catacombs card packs.
      Blizzard Entertainment
      We’re digging the latest reward for Twitch Prime members: two Kobolds and Catacombs card packs!

January 10 through February 10, unearth the value for yourself by signing up for Twitch Prime. You’ll get all the benefits that come with Prime, including special Prime Loot for other Blizzard games!
      It’s easy to become a Twitch Prime member—just link your Amazon Prime account to your Twitch account to start earning rewards. Not an Amazon Prime member? Sign up for a free trial today!
      *Offer valid only in regions where Twitch Prime is available. Must own Hearthstone to redeem. Each Blizzard account may only redeem one code per promotional item. (source)
      Ever since its introduction, Twitch Prime has offered free stuff on Hearthstone every 2 to 3 months. It also has rewards in other games from Blizzard and other companies, so you should read up on it! It might be a worthwhile investment for people who enjoy multiple games.
    • By Aleco

Choose your champion for the upcoming Hearthstone World Championships to win free K&C packs!
      The biggest Hearthstone tournament of the year, the Hearthstone World Championship, is just around the corner! To help build up excitement for the tournament, players may now select a champion from among the 16 world championship competitors. Each round your champion advances in the tournament will reward you with more Kobolds & Catacombs packs. You can win up to 6 packs of K&C for selecting the winner of the tournament, so choose wisely! Once you've locked in your choice it can not be changed.
      Anyone with a Battle.net account can select a champion for free until midnight on January 17th (Pacific Standard Time), and there's no downside to selecting the wrong champion. All you need to do is follow this link and select one of the 16 competitors. Personally, I'm sticking with Purple because he won me 3 packs at the Summer Championship and appears to be the favorite to win his group. Kolento and Surrender are two of the favorites to win the tournament, which would make them safe bets to win you some packs as well.
    • By Zadina

After a couple of repeats, this is 2018's first new Tavern Brawl.
      This is a constructed Brawl, with the novelty that you can build a deck of any size. The rest of the cards will be Shadow Reflections, which is normally generated by the passive Hero Power of the Rogue Death Knight Valeera the Hollow. It should be noted that when you play second, you don't get the coin; you draw an extra card instead.
      Obviously, you don't want to make a deck of 30 cards, since you will have no Shadow Reflections (although people have had success even like this). However, you also don't want to make a deck of only 1-3 cards, given that the Reflections take actual spots in the deck and it will be hard drawing the cards you picked.
      By doing a quick research, it seems that Aggro Paladin and Aggro Druid are good picks. As is usually the case when some good decks surface, their counters are also created: in this case, it's Mage with Ice Lance and Combo Priest. Moreover, Quest Rogue has managed to make a surprise re-appearance from the dead in this Brawl. Lastly, a hilarious deck is the Hunter one with Mechwarper and Metaltooth Leaper.
      Good luck!