Damien

[Archived] S20 Hearthstone Legendary Control Dragon Paladin

Sign in to follow this  

19 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Legendary Control Paladin Dragon Deck for BrM.

What do you think of running Onyxia as one of your big dragons and then squeezing in Bolvar somewhere, maybe for one of the belchers?  Seems like good synergy w/ Onyxia and Muster for Battle.

I suggest removing 2 shredders and replacing them with 2 Azure Drakes. I found that they are a better fit for the deck as a whole.

1. they are dragons so they will help blackwings Corruptors effect.
2. they are also easy to summon with dragon consort at 3 mana cost - this main not be the main strategy but if you lack the late game cards at a 8 mana cost you get to summon 2 powerful dragons and draw a card.
3. Finally as this post mentioned the deck lacks drawing power which is crucial to insure that you get the right cards for late game.

Shredders are just too good to cut. The problem that people have run into when trying to build Dragon decks is that other non-dragon cards are *just better*, so the successful Dragon decks tend to be the ones like this that keep the Dragon synergy to a minimum and use an otherwise successful core. If it's working for you though, then absolutely run with it.

i really struggle with this deck against handlock can you explain the strategy against that specific encounter.

I have found that I am facing a lot of argo decks and struggling to last against them. Is there any cards you would swap to help?

You can cut some of the late-game for Zombie Chows or Argus, but this deck is always going to be pretty vulnerable to Aggro because it plays a very high curve.

What about kel'thuzad instead of chromaggus? I know it's not a dragon, but with the amount of minions I keep getting on the board, it seems like it could be a good finisher, and chromaggus hasn't given me much value.

This is just a garbage deck.  I've played ranked matches over and over and over, literally 48 hours straight and I went from rank 6 to rank 16, and I am still dropping.  This isn't deck isn't worth the time it took to read.

This deck is incredibly fun to play, i dont have Yzera, and i recently got Alextraza so i tried to put her in instead. It turned out as a big succes, in severel scenarios my opponent have had 25-30 health getting to the 7-9 mana mark. Dropping Alextraza and putting them at 15 will then put you in a very favorable spot, it will also come as a total suprise for the opponent. In many of those scenarios you will also likely have a few minions on the board already, making you able to put your opponent from 30 to 10 in one swing. I highly recommend some of you try it! ( Sorry in case of bad english )

Just bought BrM and having lot of fun with this deck! Only cards that I don't have are Ysera and Dr Boom, which I have replaced with Alexstrasza (good for surprise nukes and late game health tactics) and Defender of Argus for countering aggro decks. Currently at rank 8, could be even higher if I wasn't such an impatient player. Anyways, thanks for this!

I don't have the paladin legendary, what would you suggest for a replacement?

I am not an expert player but I have been playing this deck for some time (except Ysera which I do not have, I replaced her with Loatheb, that works well overall), and Tirion is a huge addition to the deck, that's undeniable because it has immediate value and is super useful in later turns and it cannot be BGHed, and it can get you back into the game if you are late. The only strong card that does more or less the same in terms of comeback is Dr.Boom which is already in the deck. You could try another dragon (Alex or Onyxia) or maybe Ragnaros, but you really should craft tirion asap if you intend to play paladin, because it s core in nearly every paladin deck

I've been testing out this deck with the new twilight guardians instead of shredders, and chillmaw instead of one equality, and it seems pretty decent. The only a issue seems to be getting a bad starting hand against faster decks, but I guess that's to be expected from a deck with such high a curve. Still the extra taunts help to offset that a bit

Yeah honestly, I just don't think Pally is the right place for the Dragon deck anymore, I think they're just outclassed by Priest, Warlock and Warrior at least, perhaps Mage as well.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Zadina

Dave Kosak is here with a new Hearthside Chat to talk about Dungeon Runs. He also showcased a new legendary card from the new expansion!
      We've already talked about Dungeon Runs, one of the new features that Kobolds & Catacombs will bring. Lead Mission Designer Dave Kosak explains in this latest Hearthside Chat the design process behind Dungeon Runs.
      Dave presented some unique elements only present in Dungeon Runs. For example, there is a card you can pick called Cloak of Invisibility, which has a Passive effect of giving your minions permanent Stealth.
      He also gave some insight on the encounters. Some Dungeon Runs can have thematic encounters, like there's a band of Troggs or Trolls you will have to beat. As far as the Trolls are concerned, Battlecrier Jin'zo has a passive effect that is similar to Brann Bronzebeard, which you and him can both benefit from! Similarly, Spiritspeaker Azun's passive works like Baron Rivendare for both parties, while Voodoomaster Vex combines both of these passive effects!
      The narrator, that will be guiding you through your Dungeon Run, is King Togwaggle - the king of the Kobolds himself! He is also going to be an actual card available in the next expansion:

Images from Hearthpwn
      Here's the official blog post with everything you need to know about Dungeon Runs:
      Blizzard Entertainment
      What’s a Dungeon Run?
      Dungeon Run is a new insanely fun, single-player “rogue-like” mode where you’ll face deadly encounters and collect incredible Treasures to build a deck worthy of a hero!
      When your Dungeon Run starts, you’ll choose a Hero and receive a starting deck consisting of 10 cards. You’ll use it to overcome eight encounters of increasing difficulty (chosen randomly from a huge pool of 48 possible encounters!) to clear the run.

That initial deck might be enough to help you squeak by your first opponent, but you’ll need to get stronger if you hope to clear the whole run. Each time you defeat a Dungeon Run encounter, you’ll be given an opportunity to “level up” your Dungeon Run deck with themed sets of three cards appropriate to your class. Occasionally, you’ll also be able to pick from a selection of three incredibly powerful Treasure cards—non-collectible cards and abilities made just for this mode that are too blatantly overpowered to see normal play.
      You’ll need all that power—as well as your wits—because these encounters can be fiendishly difficult. Victory is not assured, and each encounter has its own unique perils. If one of them gets the better of you, defeat is permanent, so you’ll have to start a different run with a whole new deck!
      If you manage to complete a full Dungeon Run with each of the nine Classes—no mean feat!—you’ll add the Candle King card back to your collection.

(source)
    • By Zadina

In this article, we are covering two new cards: Temporus, a Priest legendary minion, and Benevolent Djinn, a Paladin common minion.
      Benevolent Djinn was revealed earlier today by Thai player Anothersayoran1. The name of the card was officially confirmed by Puffin.

Image by Hearthpwn.
      It is difficult to judge this card without seeing it in action. It’s comparable to Friendly Bartender: while the Djinn heals for more, its 2 attack value is a bit mediocre for a 3-mana minion. Shaman’s Hot Spring Guardian is slightly better, since it has Taunt and a targeted heal effect. Then again, Djinn also acts like a Taunt, in the sense that your opponent probably has to spend early resources to remove its powerful effect. Both cards, though, are beaten by Tar Creeper.
      This make the Djinn a great anti-aggro tool. Additionally, it synergises well with Blackguard and its Elemental tribe means that maybe we’ll get to see an Elemental Paladin. This is definitely a powerful Arena card. But can it secure a spot in constructed mode? It looks difficult, since Paladin already has some great 3-mana minions.

This intriguing minion was revealed by Eurogamer. Its sister site, Metabomb, sat down with Peter Whalen and Ben Thompson to talk about this card. Both developers think that Temporus can be run in either the classic OTK Priest (Divine Spirit + Inner Fire) or in two new versions of Dragon Priest: a more midrange one and an OTK one with Malygos. 
      It would be interesting to see what it's interaction is going to be with Brann Bronzebeard. Temporus is a "high risk, high reward" card and, even if you don't like it or it turns out to be bad, you'd still have to commend its design.
      Don't forget to check out our Kobolds & Catacombs hub for everything you need to know about the upcoming expansion!
    • By Zadina

The 2016 Hearthstone World Champion revealed this rare Druid card.
      Grizzled Guardian was unveiled on Pavel's YouTube channel. It's a rare Druid Beast, that costs 8 mana and has 3 attack and 5 health. It has Taunt and Deathrattle: "Recruit 2 minions that cost (4) or less". Pavel's video is in Russian, but you can enable accurate English subtitles to see what the World Champion has to say about that card.
      After watching Pavel's video, I am convinced that Grizzled Guardian isn't as bad as it looks at first sight. Sure, its stats are garbage, but you should also factor in the stats of the minions it pulls from your deck when it dies. Still, it's hard to see it fit into the current meta. Perhaps, it can see play when the Year of the Kraken sets rotate out of Standard. It also weakens the 8-mana slot for Evolve and similar effect.
      What's your opinion on Grizzled Veteran? As always, all the cards of the new expansion can be found in our Kobolds & Catacombs hub.
      PS: Turns out it's not Hogger 3.0 :(
    • By Aleco

The newest Legendary Shaman minion has me shaking in my boots. Is this the card that will put Elemental Shaman over the top?
      Chinese Hearthstone streamer Snowkiss has revealed the Legendary Shaman minion from K&C. This bad boy appears to pack quite the punch - my mind is already racing with potential combos and synergies for Grumble, World Shaker:

Card image courtesy of Hearthpwn.com
      Elementals have plenty of powerful Battlecry triggers which Grumble could play for a second time. Kalimos, Primal Lord, Servant of Kalimos, Blazecaller, and Jade Spirit immediately come to mind as potent synergies for the shaker of worlds. Grumble could also be used to double down of Jade cards such as Jade Chieftain and Aya Blackpaw, or could even be used to recycle the Battlecry triggers of the old gods. All of this on a 7/7 for 6 mana? Sign me up!
      Is this the card that Elemental Shaman has been waiting for? Let us know what you think about Grumble in the comment section, and check out our Kobolds and Catacombs hub for more information on the upcoming set.
    • By Aleco

The second of three Unidentified Magic Items to be revealed from Kobolds and Catacombs, will Unidentified Maul be a smashing success on the ladder?
      Kripparrian revealed the second of three Unidentified Magic Items in Kobolds and Catacombs today on his Twitter accounter, Unidentifed Maul:

A Paladin Weapon, Unidentified Maul begins each game with an unknown effect and will become "identified" upon drawing the card from your deck. The weapon will always be a 3 mana 2/2, but will be randomly bestowed with one of the four following effects when drawn:

A couple of the potential modes on this card are very enticing. Two Silver Hand Recruits and a 2/2 weapon for 3 mana is a screaming deal, and the other three modes offer some serious value if you're already ahead on board. Given that three of the four potential modes on Unidentified Maul aren't very good when you're behind, I doubt this card will slot in as an instant replacement for Rallying Blade. Unidentified Maul could end up seeing play in token-based strategies, as granting +1 Attack or Divine Shield to a wide board of minions drawn from Small-Time Recruits is nothing to shake a hammer at.
      Will the random nature of Unidentified Maul be its downfall, or will its synergies with token strategies enable it to see some play on the ladder? Let us know what you think in the comments, and be sure to check out our Kobolds and Catacombs hub for more information on the upcoming set.