Jump to content
Liquidsteel

The Help My DPS Thread

Recommended Posts

AHC: First SH was a little late though good you extended it. Second was late too, usually you want to do it almost on cooldown unless you know you will not lose a use. You do want to delay the last one if you using Netherlord/DE.

Can't see if you Drain sniped as no advanced logging but it's really important on add fights

Assuming you want to do add damage then just as they are about to spawn pre-cast seed so it hits them before they jump off (asssuming Norm/Hc/Mythic is the same as LFR).

Again forgot to use Reap enough. You should be able to have a really high uptime on this fight because of all the adds.

If you're using Sephuz try and get all the interrupts on the mage. 

I know you don't have it yet but work on UA uptime for the 4 set rather than clumping UAs all together. 20-30 secs without a UA is far too long though I cannot see if you capped/wasted shards. 

Agony dropped a few times from the boss.

Though you do get UAs refunded if the adds die when they're on them so you get some free ticks which is great there's a mechanic on this fight that makes the boss take more damage. The pod people apply this debuff (at least on norm/hc/mythic so I assume it is in LFR as well). So apart from the UA sniping thing for overall damage (and assuming you are not playing with bracers or Contagion) you actually get more damage from focusing the boss with your UAs. Just to be clear this is what gives the overall highest damage. On progress if you need to hit adds more do what you need to do (varies by group). 

Hope this helps, good luck.

Disclaimer: Always may be errors.  

Edited by spikeysquad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've added some more weakauras to keep track of SH/potion cooldowns and DoT pandemic ranges. Will upload new logs today (finally!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2018 at 1:36 AM, Kaldimi said:

Again, thank you for all the info. My new log is here. I tried to keep the dots on the boss, not shard cap, use SH cooldown whenever available, and use pre-potion. WoWAnalyzer says these were OK, but buffing Unstable Affliction ticks could improve...

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/cAZpfjBaqWQLmkKD

 

Hey Kaldimi,

Your new Garothi was a shorter fight and of course with Affy RNG is a thing but that is an awesome DPS gain. 

UA dumping looks good. Reap use much better and just one big gap. 

Keep working on a high drain uptime.

Corruption and SL still dropped a few times but Agony was perfect.

It's not easy in LFR but if you do join a regular group for killing bosses or start progressing on a new kill then spend a bit more time thinking about fight times. This is pretty important with Netherlord/DE. So while you do not want to lose a use of SH, if your execute is buffed then you want it at the end of the fight. That is also where you want to be using your second pot. Rather than where you did use it.  

Dogs: 

Do you sim much? This fight is relatively easy to get an over view of as it's a pure 2T fight.

Anyhow my concern is the bracers. They definitely sim high on a 2t fight however, they take a lot more work to get the most out of them on this fight. You need to spread UAs better and during good buffs then UA both dogs (which you did do sometimes but not quite enough). 

Anyhow, play around and see what kind of numbers you get in simming and practice.  

Both Sephuz and Prydaz are all round good leggos. The sim doesn't proc the ring so even without because of the sheer number of stats on it is often a really good leggo (and sometimes best). Netherlord or perhaps the Belt are other options that may work on this fight.

SL dropped a few times on one doggy (no big surprise if you are new to it). Agony dropped once. 

I know you don't have 4 set yet but keep in mind when you do to spread your UAs better.

You only had one UA in your second SH and it didn't have full Reap coverage.

Pot should cover SH and Reap.

AHC: Went a little backwards on this fight but we all have our off days/fights.

I perhaps confused you but SL on this fight, unless the adds melt, is not a good choice. You are usually too busy to worry about keeping that up on adds too and DE is just good for these fights. Same situation with Coven and PKH. The Icy talent guide you linked for the bosses is pretty good. Only thing I would change is on Varim to use SL over SC on non-mythic and to stick with MG on Aggramar and whatever leggos you usually use for a more ST like fight. Just as a side note Netherlord is an option on the more ST like fights but not always the best one. 

Again, at your stage of learning, I would pick Sephuz over bracers, especially as you might be able to proc it. It will also give you some much needed Crit. Anyhow, play around though like I said before RNG is a thing and it's not always possible to see what leggo is better. As you did pick bracers you would probably want to spread your UAs rather than confining them to the boss. 

Your biggest loss was forgetting to cast seed for the add spawns (or apply Corruption manually but the first is usually better).  

8 shards wasted.

You managed to snipe a few but keep working on this (unless you are shard capped then spend one instead). 

Should delay your first SH for the adds to extend it fully.  

DoTs fell quite a lot but yeah taking SL as well can be overwhelming. 

Keep practising I see a lot of really fast positive changes. 

If you want extra help or just to read lock stuff or just to chat to people you can always join the Warlock Discord.

Disclaimer: Always may be errors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey what's up guys? First post here so.. 

I left the game for over a year and came back to be guildless (not surprised) and I changed mains to warlock(affliction). I started off with about 900 ish gear and my guild too me into heroic Antorus and im at about 943 right now and am still pulling lower ilv numbers. I almost hit 1 mil on the first boss and then hung around 8-850k sometimes lower, for the rest of the red up until Kin when we called it tonight. The majority of my non lego gear is BiS Heroic gear from Antorus, so im not really sure what the problem is and can only see it being either my legos or my rotation. Current legos im using are Reap and Sow and Soul of the Netherlord.

for alt legos have: -Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish - Insignia of the Grand Army - Streten's Sleepless Shackles. I have the life binder ring off Eonar as well for switching out Legos

Stats are 14 crit - 35 haste - 111 mastery 


So pretty much my opener is A-C-UA-DS-UA-UA- SH- RS (if I dont have reap stacks I DS then cast 2 more UA and blow RS at 3-5 stacks) and then I let my dots get down to like 3 secs and reapply. For adds/multi I throw seeds and dot up and DS. Pretty much rinse and repeat my single target rot though. What am I doing wrong? Should I reap souls every time I cast 2-3x UA?

I am very new to locks/affliction and I dont want to change classes or specs because I have a LOT of fun with it, but I also don't want to miss out on mythics and/or hold my guild back so any help would be awesome. Thank you guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't post links yet because I am a new user but my talents are 3-1-1-3-2-1-1 and 3 because of Soul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ThatShinobiGuy said:

Hey what's up guys? First post here so.. 

Posting a log is going to help a lot more than the info you've given. While you may think you play exactly as you say, it can be very different in real time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Blainie said:

Posting a log is going to help a lot more than the info you've given. While you may think you play exactly as you say, it can be very different in real time. 

I honestly don't even know how to do that or what you're talking about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ThatShinobiGuy said:

I honestly don't even know how to do that or what you're talking about

Check this out:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/help/start/

Make sure you enable Advanced Combat Logging too. This should tell you exactly how to get a log of you playing. 

Post it either in this thread or in a new post in the Warlock forums and we can help you from there. It shows us exactly what you press and when during a fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Kaldimi said:

@spikeysquad Thanks for all the analyses and encouragement. I'll keep you updated of my progress.

You're welcome. Aye, sometimes it can take time to change our gameplay but if you put in the effort you will get there. Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, mcdeadly said:

Hi guys, i play an afflicton lock. we try to clear mythic hasabel. my dmg is ok but my log are kind a low.... i dont know which mistakes i do- maybe u can help me  to improve my dmg.

maybe someone can help me with the logs. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jPb3WdCkTqfzGAQM/#fight=18&type=damage-done&source=47

Run your logs through WowAnalyzer - you have a lot of really basic errors that are popping up. It's not a perfect tool, but for things like mass-checking on multiple progression wipes, WA is going to show things a lot faster than we can manually checking.

https://wowanalyzer.com/report/jPb3WdCkTqfzGAQM/18/47

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2018 at 10:23 PM, mcdeadly said:

Hi guys, i play an afflicton lock. we try to clear mythic hasabel. my dmg is ok but my log are kind a low.... i dont know which mistakes i do- maybe u can help me  to improve my dmg.

maybe someone can help me with the logs. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jPb3WdCkTqfzGAQM/#fight=18&type=damage-done&source=47

Your damage isn't that low for a progress fight. Your add damage is low, could be a bit higher but we are pretty bad with that and better upstairs if that is what is holding the group back. 

Short on time but wrong talents on several tiers, lack of drain and UA sniping, probably not ideal leggos (but perhaps you don't have any others), low drain uptime, messy drain cycles (both of these would not matter if you went WiA), Reap use off (doesn't matter so much as you have almost full reap but if you play like this on say Garothi then its wrong) and lack of interrupts. 

Check out the boss guide on Icy and Lock One Stop Shop for more info. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys!

 

I need some help regarding to trinkets - currently I play Demonology for fun, I switched mains recently from hunter. Dis be me gurl ingame Alendrith-ArgentDawn 

Now the question is that should I replace my Darkmoon Deck: Squalls to a WQ drop 330 ilvl Emblem of Zandalar? (stats respectively: +187 Intellect and 692 Haste on effect instead of the amounts on the base 280 ilvl trinket)

I don't know how frequent will it proc, I kindly followed the BIS recommendation of the Demonology Guide- since I don't have the Azurethos' Singed Plumage nor do I know how to get it from the world boss when it appears, I took the Ignition Mage's Fuse (340 ilvl as you can see) as replacement and I tought that the Emblem of Zandalar might be a decent replacement of the Incessantly Ticking Clock, the BIS recommended for non-use trinket by the guide. But the item level gap is kinda big and I fear that my overall DPS will decrease due to the lesser intellect bonus and the missing DOT effects from the Squalls deck.

So, what do you think which trinket combination will be the better? 

Darkmoon Deck: Squalls (355) + Ignition Mage's Fuse (340)

Ignition Mage's Fuse (340) + Emblem of Zanalar (330)

As I inspected, the Uldir trinkets not fitting demonology and maybe warlocks overall (well, I could gladly take a 370 ilvl Vigilant's Bloodshaper for testing purposes, hehe).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CrazyHussar said:

Hey guys!

 

I need some help regarding to trinkets - currently I play Demonology for fun, I switched mains recently from hunter. Dis be me gurl ingame Alendrith-ArgentDawn 

Now the question is that should I replace my Darkmoon Deck: Squalls to a WQ drop 330 ilvl Emblem of Zandalar? (stats respectively: +187 Intellect and 692 Haste on effect instead of the amounts on the base 280 ilvl trinket)

I don't know how frequent will it proc, I kindly followed the BIS recommendation of the Demonology Guide- since I don't have the Azurethos' Singed Plumage nor do I know how to get it from the world boss when it appears, I took the Ignition Mage's Fuse (340 ilvl as you can see) as replacement and I tought that the Emblem of Zandalar might be a decent replacement of the Incessantly Ticking Clock, the BIS recommended for non-use trinket by the guide. But the item level gap is kinda big and I fear that my overall DPS will decrease due to the lesser intellect bonus and the missing DOT effects from the Squalls deck.

So, what do you think which trinket combination will be the better? 

Darkmoon Deck: Squalls (355) + Ignition Mage's Fuse (340)

Ignition Mage's Fuse (340) + Emblem of Zanalar (330)

As I inspected, the Uldir trinkets not fitting demonology and maybe warlocks overall (well, I could gladly take a 370 ilvl Vigilant's Bloodshaper for testing purposes, hehe).

I personally would sim the trinkets. Both for a ST fight and then some thing with 2-3 targets to see if things change up. If you never have simmed before this guide should help you: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OntnJ9ewxJ3L__iDn-R9qYukRBDW7429AJiv3NGZ_2M/edit# It is really simple now days to do and worth learning how as yes item level matters.

Bloodmallet is also a helpful guideline. But it is just that, ideally you would sim your own character. https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#warlock_demonology 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, spikeysquad said:

I personally would sim the trinkets. Both for a ST fight and then some thing with 2-3 targets to see if things change up. If you never have simmed before this guide should help you: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OntnJ9ewxJ3L__iDn-R9qYukRBDW7429AJiv3NGZ_2M/edit# It is really simple now days to do and worth learning how as yes item level matters.

Bloodmallet is also a helpful guideline. But it is just that, ideally you would sim your own character. https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#warlock_demonology 

Thanks I simmed both builds: 200DPS difference (12400 - 12600) in favor of the Darkmoon Deck. That's pretty low diff I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to get some help with my affliction warlock please, as I know that at my gear level I should be pushing 12k DPS + but I am not and I am sure it's my rotation. I've gone to various forums and online guides, but they haven't really improved things so I think I'm missing something crucial here:

My armory link is here:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/Moonglade/Mysticeer

Wow Analyzer Info:

https://wowanalyzer.com/character/EU/Moonglade/Mysticeer/

Many thanks for any help anyone can offer.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, dobboben said:

I'd love to get some help with my affliction warlock please, as I know that at my gear level I should be pushing 12k DPS + but I am not and I am sure it's my rotation. I've gone to various forums and online guides, but they haven't really improved things so I think I'm missing something crucial here:

My armory link is here:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/Moonglade/Mysticeer

Wow Analyzer Info:

https://wowanalyzer.com/character/EU/Moonglade/Mysticeer/

Many thanks for any help anyone can offer.

 

 

So I am looking at the Taloc Heroic kill on the 20th. First off your talent selection is weak. Only boss I would ever take AC on in normal or heroic is Mythrax and that's because my group is bad on the little adds. All the rest I would take SL. Perhaps you can't manage all 3 DoTs though. However, don't take CD over DSM ever in Uldir. 

So the analyzer will tell you most of what you want to know. At the top and go to suggestions and then click on the minor Importance button.  Pay particular attention to all the missed CDs. For a fight like Taloc you want to be doing your regular on the rotation on the bloods as much as possible. You can ignore the adds that are soaked.

So your UA use is really poor. You spent over the half the fight not having that 10% buff up. Also work on casting Haunt on CD. 

It also seems that you are dumping all UAs into Deathbolt and unless you have a short burst phase you really shouldn't. You can cast one extra UA and then straight away DB but that is all that is needed. You do not need to refresh your other DoTs for it. 

Your opener is wobbly. You either totally forgot DG or used it on the tentacles adds before the fight started. Your second DG set up was weak as well. It should be the same as your opener and this is when you do actually want to save 5 shards up to use before DG.

Other than that just work on your casting gaps and get a raid azerite piece.

Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Howdy,

I'm having a terrible time as a destruction warlock with maintaining respectable DPS during raiding at roughly i389... barely beating the tanks.

Here's the latest log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/J6nfWypv4zGjPqbT#boss=0&difficulty=0

I've researched specs high-and-low, and my current spec is based on the recommendations from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbrvcib_Qxc. I suspect the dps is a reflection of my rotation (or lack thereof) but I'm unsure how/what to change...

Any help would be appreciated... happy to answer any clarifying questions.

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2019 at 8:08 PM, WeenkeeTheWarlock said:

Howdy,

I'm having a terrible time as a destruction warlock with maintaining respectable DPS during raiding at roughly i389... barely beating the tanks.

Here's the latest log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/J6nfWypv4zGjPqbT#boss=0&difficulty=0

I've researched specs high-and-low, and my current spec is based on the recommendations from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbrvcib_Qxc. I suspect the dps is a reflection of my rotation (or lack thereof) but I'm unsure how/what to change...

Any help would be appreciated... happy to answer any clarifying questions.

 

Hey Weenkee,

Sorry bit pushed for time at the moment but this should help for now. 

https://wowanalyzer.com/report/J6nfWypv4zGjPqbT/8-Heroic+Grong+the+Revenant+-+Kill+(4:59)/22-Weenkee

On the right go to suggestions and then click on the minor importance slider. As you can see you are missing a few CDs, DoT uptime  and your Havoc windows could be improved a lot. RB is also a generally weaker choice in the raid.

I'll try and reply soon but if you want help sooner go into the class Discord channel and stick your log into the review section. 

Good luck out there

Edited by spikeysquad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2019 at 8:08 PM, WeenkeeTheWarlock said:

Howdy,

I'm having a terrible time as a destruction warlock with maintaining respectable DPS during raiding at roughly i389... barely beating the tanks.

Here's the latest log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/J6nfWypv4zGjPqbT#boss=0&difficulty=0

I've researched specs high-and-low, and my current spec is based on the recommendations from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbrvcib_Qxc. I suspect the dps is a reflection of my rotation (or lack thereof) but I'm unsure how/what to change...

Any help would be appreciated... happy to answer any clarifying questions.

 

Forum ate my msg for some reason. Anyhow Weenkee,

Sorry bit pushed for time at the moment but go to WoWanalyzer. Stick your log in and on the right go to suggestions and then click on the minor importance slider. As you can see you are missing a few CDs, DoT uptime  and your Havoc windows could be improved a lot. RB is also a generally weaker choice in the raid.

I'll try and reply soon but if you want help sooner go into the class Discord channel and stick your log into the review section. 

Good luck out there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2019 at 11:28 AM, spikeysquad said:

Forum ate my msg for some reason. Anyhow Weenkee,

Ah, that was the link spam restriction - I'll get wowanalyzer added to the list of allowed links!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...