FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Liquidsteel

The Help My DPS Thread

5 hours ago, vaeevictiss said:

LF some help. our destro lock is beating me on most fights and hes lower ilevel and im usually ranking green/blue, rarely purple.

I literally don't know what you are talking about from that log.

You beat him on Goroth, Inquisition, he wasnt in for Harjatan, you beat him on Misstress, you died on Sisters, you beat him on Host, he beat you on Maiden - you both had the same number of buffs (20-21) but his destro can make use of those buffs better so it is logically he beat you, you beat him on Avatar.

So you beat him on 5 fights. He wasn't in for one. You died on two. He beat you on a fight that Destro is majorly better on.

Just seems like I'm not doing as well based on the log rankings. He's always parsing purple/orange and I seem to be mostly green/blue with the occasional purple. 

If you think I'm alright though I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. 

We just have gm's that once we get to mythic I know I'll get the "how come he's ranking so much higher than you" bit. 

8 hours ago, vaeevictiss said:

We just have gm's that once we get to mythic I know I'll get the "how come he's ranking so much higher than you" bit. 

If your raid leader/officers are that dumb, you might want to find a new raid.

Rankings mean basically nothing. They are epeen trash that have very little analytical value. There is just way to much bad data floating around in logs for the rankings to really mean much. The bottom 15% are almost all people that were just dead for part or all of the fight, the top 5% is almost always people that cheesed the fight.

On top of that there is just the simple issue of mechanics, if you get picked for someone and someone else doesn't - RIP your parse that fight. A few 10,000 DPS can literally be the difference between a purple and an orange parse and RNG can screw you out of that really easy.

And then we had legendaries, a purely RNG mechanic that  can ruin your hopes and dreams. From what it looks like both of you got lucky and have BiS leggoes, something that not a lot of people have. But even with that there is added RNG to your DPS, Aff belt is 20% chance, Destro belt is 6%, and the same thing goes for trinkets. A whispers proc at the RIGHT time Vs. a whispers proc at the wrong time is a massive amount of DPS, let alone just the raw number of whisper procs. 

My raid team runs three warlocks including myself, we are all top tier locks of roughly equal skill, basically the same legendaries, basically the same ilvl. Our DPS would oftentimes be hundreds of thousands different on a fight purely because X person had a 24% uptime on whispers and Y person had a 12%.

Ranks mean nothing.

Mechanics > DPS > all else.

alright cool. thats a good way to look at it. I have always wondered looking at the top parses for fights how the hell those numbers were even attainable. Can only imagine some guilds do everything they can to cheese the fight and help one particular person just to get them a top parse.

On 7/1/2017 at 5:41 PM, Thistlebloom said:

From my original post in June: 

Help! I have been raiding as Demo since Legion launch but just switched to Destruction starting with ToS. I am having a little trouble understanding the logs and what my dps issues are. I was an expert at reading them and knowing what to tweak with Demo, but I'm only 3 weeks into this spec and still unsure. Any advice on how to tweak my rotation or other suggestions would be great. Thanks!

My name is Roisindubh

AMORY: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/garrosh/roisindubh

Wow, lol... still need help :( Here's my newest logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZyAH7hP3vkgtxNm6#source=16

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BpQAZWrNTcqVDnwj#source=6

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/GhQpBA9zfk2rTvbL#source=8

Edited by Thistlebloom

I recently switched from Holy Priest main to Affliction Warlock main. I'm still getting used to targeting mobs and not players, but I'm getting a bit discouraged by my dps compared to other warlocks. Aside from dying in our most recent logs, can anyone tell what I'm doing wrong exactly? Avatar seems like a crap fight for all our warlocks with the movement involved but I'm still the lowest on the meters throughout the fight. 

My character is Unseelie in here: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tAyDFxLQvj8RTZ6b/

I ran a sim on her this morning: https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/cqFueQjgarof3cmWJ48zj7

And if it's helpful, here's a set of logs from last week where I didn't die quite so much :P https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WpyDrMcfB4ATxR89

Thanks in advance!

On 7/13/2017 at 7:41 AM, ardillacheeks said:

Aside from dying in our most recent logs, can anyone tell what I'm doing wrong exactly?

Die less.

Really I'm not seeing anything that is horridly wrong, I don't have time right now to really deep dive your logs but you're not doing anything super major bad - other than dying to easy mechanics.

Your gear is low, your weapon is really low, your trinkets are kind of meh, you took BR instead of DS.

Your stats are a little odd, but not hugely. Decent for ST.

tl;dr - get more gear, die less.

Hello fellow warlocks,

I would need your  help to understand what's wrong with my DPS.

Here's a fight I picked, Avatar normal, pretty static fight. I've not been bothered that much during the fight so there's no excuse for me to suck. And guess what, I sucked.

Spe : Affliction ilevel: 920  (I've been lucky recently)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/G1c8DzRNLjvbA3ag/#fight=1&type=damage-done

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/les-clairvoyants/bobiffle

I'm rated 1st dps in the raid, but my personal %ilevel is terrible (9%). I'm usually an average+ player, so I'd expected to be around 60% (been dpsing with a druid Balance and healing with a resto in the past)

Here's the issues I've identified so far:

1/ I was missing the 1300 intel from the flask (had 750 though), and I should have taken a 375 mastery buff instead of the 500 intel. But the kill was almost guaranteed, I've been lazy. But I don't think it explains the 9%.

2/ Some ppl in the raid have a low dps which make the fight last longer, which lower the impact of the BL, which lower my performance. But I'm not sure it explains the 9%

3/ my syphon life uptime (86%) is slightly off. I'm pretty sure it does not explain the 9%

4/ I used the seed of corruption talent (which in this fight has absolutely no use), but I never noticed a measurable impact of the mono target alternative (sorry I don't know the names in english). Can you please confirm ?

Other than that, I cannot see what's wrong (trinkets ? overall gear stat (I tend to favor ilevel) ?). Artefact uptime ? I'm not sure.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by bobifle

On 18/07/2017 at 1:29 PM, bobifle said:

Hello fellow warlocks,

I would need your  help to understand what's wrong with my DPS.

Here's a fight I picked, Avatar normal, pretty static fight. I've not been bothered that much during the fight so there's no excuse for me to suck. And guess what, I sucked.

Spe : Affliction ilevel: 920  (I've been lucky recently)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/G1c8DzRNLjvbA3ag/#fight=1&type=damage-done

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/les-clairvoyants/bobiffle

I'm rated 1st dps in the raid, but my personal %ilevel is terrible (9%). I'm usually an average+ player, so I'd expected to be around 60% (been dpsing with a druid Balance and healing with a resto in the past)

Here's the issues I've identified so far:

1/ I was missing the 1300 intel from the flask (had 750 though), and I should have taken a 375 mastery buff instead of the 500 intel. But the kill was almost guaranteed, I've been lazy. But I don't think it explains the 9%.

2/ Some ppl in the raid have a low dps which make the fight last longer, which lower the impact of the BL, which lower my performance. But I'm not sure it explains the 9%

3/ my syphon life uptime (86%) is slightly off. I'm pretty sure it does not explain the 9%

4/ I used the seed of corruption talent (which in this fight has absolutely no use), but I never noticed a measurable impact of the mono target alternative (sorry I don't know the names in english). Can you please confirm ?

Other than that, I cannot see what's wrong (trinkets ? overall gear stat (I tend to favor ilevel) ?). Artefact uptime ? I'm not sure.

Thanks for your help.

I'll try and reply soon as you are still around. Like I said in the other post you cannot read too much into Avatar logs as many people double dot. Also affy is very RNG, sometimes you'll be lucky, sometimes not.

For now though if you are serious about improving then I'd advise to learn to sim. Go to Raidbots.com and down the addon from Curse called simulationcraft. Do some top gear sims and optimise that.

Also do some talents sims so you can see the difference between SL and SC on ST  as you have the belt. Though SL is added mobility letting it drop will punish you.  Also sim between SoC and PS/SH. The latter for me about 3.5% which translates to about 37k. It may not sound a lot but in terms of rankings it is significant. 

Your stats look good but you are missiing your T20 4 set which is about a 5% jump from the 2 set. Do you still have another piece of T19? As that is pretty decent for ST damage so if yes also sim that.

Aye, your trinkets are pretty weak for your item level and yes your fight times are holding you back.

• Thanks 1

Ok thanks for the insights. Note that on the avatar fight, I usually keep agony on the maiden, there's just too much gain to not do it in terms of shard generation. However I tend not to abuse other players by fully dotting the maiden going fully against the fight mechanism.

I don't really care about ranking very high, I know some players will use questionable tactics to achieve those ranks, but getting around 50% is something I'd like. I already identified gear issues, as you said, my trinkets are weak, and I miss some set pieces. But I usually resort to "gear problem" in last, because I would not want to blame my gear while the issue is actually me, choosing the wrong talents or messing with the rotation/priority.

I will def try soul harvest (I never used it tbh, yet another CD to monitor) and improve my SL uptime. Though I have the feeling that SL uptime would hurt my drain cycle.

22 hours ago, bobifle said:

Ok thanks for the insights. Note that on the avatar fight, I usually keep agony on the maiden, there's just too much gain to not do it in terms of shard generation. However I tend not to abuse other players by fully dotting the maiden going fully against the fight mechanism.

I don't really care about ranking very high, I know some players will use questionable tactics to achieve those ranks, but getting around 50% is something I'd like. I already identified gear issues, as you said, my trinkets are weak, and I miss some set pieces. But I usually resort to "gear problem" in last, because I would not want to blame my gear while the issue is actually me, choosing the wrong talents or messing with the rotation/priority.

I will def try soul harvest (I never used it tbh, yet another CD to monitor) and improve my SL uptime. Though I have the feeling that SL uptime would hurt my drain cycle.

Well on Heroic Goroth, Sisters and Avatar over 70% of people use SC and statistically it does better DPS even though sims are so close so you perhaps should give it a whirl and see if you prefer it. Perhaps they are hoping for the lucky RNG or maybe there is something to it, I do not know but I go the SC route as it fits better with MG in my opinion. 

PS and SH are again almost identical in sims on ST. However, PS is definitely the preferred talent and I would say SH is harder to maximise. SH statistically again tends to parse better. Do drop Seeds though (except perhaps for Mistress) On fights other than ST it will be hurting you a lot more than just 3%.

Anyhow, use the statistics and the rankings over the log site to help you decide and just experiment to see what fits you. 

So looking at your ST log I see very few issues to be honest. You might be better asking in the Warlock Discord as I actually find Affy the hardest spec to read. 

So a drain cycle should ideally be UA, UA, then UA if still on 4 shards, Drain, Drain. Like the other poster you sometimes seem to dump too much at once, shard starving yourself then hovering around 0-1 for a long time as you didn't get returns. A dump of 3 and then a 2 UAs in terms of draining the ticks will be better than a 4 and 1 or 5 and 0 etc (though whether we have buffs up including reap is another thing to consider). Though yes sometimes RNG consipres against us and we have to dump 5 to stop the capping. You don't want to be munching shards.

Second issue with your drain cycles is sometimes the lack of draining after dumping. Sometimes though you just have to move. Give a little more attention to your positioning and minimising your movement to see if like many people you are just moving too much. Also every time you cast your instants be moving to where you need to be next.  

DI: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/G1c8DzRNLjvbA3ag/#fight=9&type=auras&source=4&spells=debuffs&by=target&target=39 Also change Atrigan to Belac. I play WiA with AC here so I actually do not know how many DoTs you should keep up with MG to be honest but that's way too spotty and letting Agony drop ever is too punishing. MG statistically is very weak here.

I also manage 100% full dots uptimes, watch timers refresh before the spin/fire and before you go inside. If I fail I will also refresh Agony during one of the mechanics rather than it fall off but I don't necessarily recommend that so find your own way.

Harj: Snipe adds more for shards and/or if you are really high on shards then make sure you have UAs on them when they die. SL is a really weak choice here. Don't let your DoTs fall (especially Agony) from the boss.

Mistress: Again SL is a really really weak choice here and just making your life harder than it has to be. MG is a also a poor choice unless you really need to focus boss damage which judging by your logs you shouldn't as the add damage overall is really really low and hence you're getting to zoom up. Your first attempt at 1 min was actually 30% drain uptime but the 4 minute one where you actually have to do more mechanics and focus on adds etc 4%...  However, Agony uptime on Mistress at 70% needs to be fixed.

You may also want to consider AC over Contagion as you are not spreading many UAs around and the Corruption will do more damage on the adds. The other option to go a dot build over seeds and dot/UA everything but for me anyhow at least that's double the effort for similar DPS and so not ideal especially when you are progressing on a fight.

Again drain adds/UA them on death. Do you have any other leggos? Belt is not so good here with Seeds anyhow (it would work going heavy DoT). Remember to proc Sephuz and soak Hydra Shot. It is super important and caused 11 avoidable (at least assuming you had enough alive to soak it) deaths over your attempts. This really will make or break your progress.

Hope this helps good luck. 

Disclaimer: Always may be errors.

• Thanks 1

Thank you this is great! Really appreciate the time and effort you put on helping me.

5 hours ago, spikeysquad said:

Perhaps they are hoping for the lucky RNG or maybe there is something to it, I do not know but I go the SC route as it fits better with MG in my opinion. 

• I tend to favor SL, because I kinda have hard time dealing with SC rng, while with SL I have a constant stream of shards, I can plan better.

So looking at your ST log I see very few issues to be honest. You might be better asking in the Warlock Discord as I actually find Affy the hardest spec to read. 

• Already done, way too hardcore gamers for me with a litle bit of attitude. They tend to focus on one specific error/detail and forget about the big picture

A dump of 3 and then a 2 UAs in terms of draining the ticks will be better than a 4 and 1 or 5 and 0

• I'll try to improve that. It's true that sometimes I enter panick/rush mode where I find a window to DPS and tend to dump UA slightly too much. I have to chill :)

Second issue with your drain cycles is sometimes the lack of draining after dumping.

• Yep, sometimes I get suprised, I need to anticipate better

Also change Atrigan to Belac. I play WiA with AC here so I actually do not know how many DoTs you should keep up with MG to be honest but that's way too spotty and letting Agony drop ever is too punishing. MG statistically is very weak here.

• Noted, remove MG for WiA on belac

Harj: Snipe adds more for shards

• Yep, I rarely snipe. For the wrong reason: laziness. I have to fix this

Mistress: Again SL is a really really weak choice here and just making your life harder than it has to be.

• From what I read, I should start playing more with SC by default. It sounds like the default never-the-bad-choice talent

You may also want to consider AC over Contagion

• yep never tested AC especially since the 7.2.5 buff. I will

Hope this helps good luck. 

• it does, I needed someone to point my mistakes,  even thoug I shold have been able to spot them myself.

Edited by bobifle

Hey guys,

Just started raiding in Tomb, been playing lock for a long time and never have I have been feeling that I've been underperfoming in a raid as i do now. I have some concerns about my performance on Heroic fights, got some logs if someone would take a look at them and maybe tell me what I am doing wrong. I don't feel I am doing something wrong, but maybe i am. As compared to the normal logs I feel like I'm underperforming a great amount, thanks in advance.

923 Equipped Destro Lock with Lessons and Feretory of Souls.

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/9828802/13#metric=dps

Armory link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/ravencrest/joeybad

On 8/11/2017 at 0:58 AM, Joeybadass said:

Hey guys,

Just started raiding in Tomb, been playing lock for a long time and never have I have been feeling that I've been underperfoming in a raid as i do now. I have some concerns about my performance on Heroic fights, got some logs if someone would take a look at them and maybe tell me what I am doing wrong. I don't feel I am doing something wrong, but maybe i am. As compared to the normal logs I feel like I'm underperforming a great amount, thanks in advance.

923 Equipped Destro Lock with Lessons and Feretory of Souls.

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/9828802/13#metric=dps

Armory link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/ravencrest/joeybad

Looking at the Fallen Avatar fight:

- Not enough Dimensional Rift casts, wasting the potential of your Lessons of Space-Time legendary. Incinerate has a 5% chance to give you a free charge so you need to keep an eye on it. You casted 12 times in 6:30, I tested on a dummy and casted 12 times in 2:30.

- Quite a bit of downtime on Immolate. This is critical and fundamental to good performance as Destruction.

- Not enough Mastery on your gear; with T20 4p it is your best stat. Check if you have some different jewelry.

8 hours ago, Tarazet said:

- Not enough Mastery on your gear; with T20 4p it is your best stat. Check if you have some different jewelry.

Of course it depends on your current gear and what you may be low on but the 4 piece doesn't usually make Mastery our best stat or mean we should start stacking it. Pretty much item level should always win out for Destro though it's best to learn how to sim in order to choose the perfect gear set ups.

Edited by spikeysquad

8 hours ago, spikeysquad said:

Of course it depends on your current gear and what you may be low on but the 4 piece doesn't usually make Mastery our best stat or mean we should start stacking it. Pretty much item level should always win out for Destro though it's best to learn how to sim in order to choose the perfect gear set ups.

It may be fine. I'm guilty of not simming my character enough, in general my own approach is to just follow basic guidelines and focus on my quality of play, not my gear. Joey's gear looks strong, he has the BiS legendaries and the biggest obvious thing for me was just the lack of Dimensional Rifts. Especially since with Lessons you do 10% more damage after using it!

Edited by Tarazet

Hello guys, 

I have apparently made some big mistakes in gear selection. Compared to another warlock we sometimes raid with "Snowdog" I tend to be doing a lot less DPS. I have been seeking to optimize my performance, so I downloaded WA2 and confirmed a few slight changes in spell rotation. It has been a long time since I posted, would you guys mind taking a look and offering some advice what I need to do to bring my DPS up to par? Thanks in advance for looking at my stuff!

Here is my armory, It is up to date. I have recently (yesterday) dowloaded PAWN addon, and started trying to learn ask Mr. Robot. 

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/runetotem/saurohn

Here is our recent kil jaden take down

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/cGNqaHD7vPF69pMz

Here is a TOS N leading up to KJ

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rMXzGkADQmPB7hY8

Here is a NL +9 Mythic Keystone run. 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/HkBwF9C1AbQ4dY7K

I have been logging for a while now, yet still find it daunting to read and understand what to look for in order to maximize performance. Again...Thank you so much for your time to review. 

-Saurohn#1535 in game. 

On 9/19/2017 at 8:38 AM, Saurohn said:

Hello guys, 

I have apparently made some big mistakes in gear selection. Compared to another warlock we sometimes raid with "Snowdog" I tend to be doing a lot less DPS. I have been seeking to optimize my performance, so I downloaded WA2 and confirmed a few slight changes in spell rotation. It has been a long time since I posted, would you guys mind taking a look and offering some advice what I need to do to bring my DPS up to par? Thanks in advance for looking at my stuff!

Here is my armory, It is up to date. I have recently (yesterday) dowloaded PAWN addon, and started trying to learn ask Mr. Robot. 

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/runetotem/saurohn

Here is our recent kil jaden take down

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/cGNqaHD7vPF69pMz

Here is a TOS N leading up to KJ

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rMXzGkADQmPB7hY8

Here is a NL +9 Mythic Keystone run. 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/HkBwF9C1AbQ4dY7K

I have been logging for a while now, yet still find it daunting to read and understand what to look for in order to maximize performance. Again...Thank you so much for your time to review. 

-Saurohn#1535 in game. 

OK...Did not get a response here but have some evolution to report for the curious Warlock. 

Demonology specialization - Pretty much a pure Demonology Warlock, have never desired nor been able to get into the Affliction or Destruction Specialization. Class Fantasy, and Character Identity has been tied to Demonology for me since WOTLK when I first rolled a mage and changed it as soon as I could (lvl 2?) to a Demon Summoning Warlock. 

New Logfile:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fjtgZ2QV6rW3bPCN

New Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/runetotem/saurohn

Summary: I have been "one" of the Top Alliance Demonology Warlocks on a smaller Realm for a long time. I have been active (against my will hahahah) in Arena and Battleground PVP and in Raiding PVE as well as an accomplished Keystone Plus Dungeoneer. As we transitioned from WOD into LEGION I was reading lots and lots of guides because of the massive Class Rebuild and understood talent selection, understood spell selection and thought I understood spell rotation. I was in a constant ILVL race with my GM and naturally assumed better Ilvl was better gear. (NOT SO AS IT TURNS OUT). So on the advice of a guildie and WoW mentor I downloaded two addons and used them to my betterment. 

(I was already using a native wow interface with Deadly Boss Mods, Angry Keystones, Skada, and Recount) I added PAWN and WEAKAURAs to my addon pack and began configuring using the WoWDoc Aura for Demonology. I often felt as if I understood the rotation but I did this for the guidance and began making gear decisions from Pawn based on the stat values for demonology. 

RESULTS:

Rotational Spell use has been very similar to what I was doing before. Admittedly there were some minor changes (the scripts were built off the top parsing DPS Demonology Warlocks) and I configured the visibility of the WA notifications and began playing in the Aura World. It makes you a better warlock to run weak auras and gives you instant feedback about the best possible choice in any situation whether you make that choice or not, it really is up to you.   

I farmed gear out of TOS Normal, and out of Mythic plus Dungeons and a few bought pieces from when the patch dropped and opened up ARGUS and especially Mac Aree. (Quite the special treat hearing a disembodied floating Thal'Kiel musing about the return home). I was merciless, I used PAWN to evaluate every single gear choice and didn't follow my instincts, (a couple of times it was like a 895 vs an 920 gear ilevel but the lower ilevel gear was actually an upgrade. --->STAT WEIGHTS MATTER. I watched my Haste climb from 18% to 25% and higher and watched my Deeps go cray cray. I will let you draw your own conclusions, I am not a top parser, and am still learning to interpret logs and what not, but if you do these two things, (ONE) Evaluate your gear according to stat weights with PAWN and (TWO) Download and configure Weak Aura's and get help importing some auras. 

I used to run about 450 to 500. I have seen a jump to a sustained 750 or so. I have topped a million in the right situations. It is really nice to be getting good results. 

Good Luck Guys...enjoy your Warlock Experience. Thanks

23 hours ago, Saurohn said:

Good Luck Guys...enjoy your Warlock Experience. Thanks

Glad to hear things are better. If you need help again think about the Ask-For-Help channel in the Warlock Discord as lots of logs are read there, advice given and questions answered.

• Like 1

First time poster, I really think I would benefit from someone looking over my logs and see how I'm doing in the dps department :)
It feels like I'm missing something when my rank is below 50%, been raiding for a few years now and I would say that I am trying my best to maximize my rotation

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/11302325

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/shattered-hand/spoonfairy

Edited by Spoonfairy

On 1/24/2018 at 7:59 PM, Spoonfairy said:

First time poster, I really think I would benefit from someone looking over my logs and see how I'm doing in the dps department :)
It feels like I'm missing something when my rank is below 50%, been raiding for a few years now and I would say that I am trying my best to maximize my rotation

Just looking at your Garothi Heroic:

• Why do you Reap so early in your opener? You should Agony into Corruption into UA - UA - Reap - Drain. Instead, you went UA into Corruption into Agony into Reaper into UA - UA - UA - Drain.

For Eonar:

• Don't run Soul Harvest on Eonar. It sucks. Run Seeds instead.
  • If you make that talent change, your Seed damage will sky-rocket, even higher than your Corruption.
  • You're wasting too much time casting your UAs. Make sure you are getting your Agony up as much as possible. You should have almost double the number of casts you currently do.

Hope this helps a bit, at least.

I'm playing affliction. The guide says to "keep UA up when reap souls is active", and the various log analyzers yell at me for not keeping UA buffed, but I am not wasting any buff time, I don't let souls cap. I am using contagion.

My question: is it better to accumulate shards and bust them when reap souls is active (not letting shards cap), or to keep UA up at all times, buffing everything else. I typically can keep one going full time on a single target. I get about 1 shard per drain soul run, then i refresh UA, and drain soul again, repeat, keeping dots up as they go. I pop reap souls when it is above 4.

I have 4 piece bonus (UA gives even more buff), using head and chest legionaries.

I know I could go sit at the training dummy for 5 minutes, but I'm at work, and was wondering what others were doing. Training dummies don't always reflect a boss fight with stuff going on all over the place.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/uldaman/sauce

20 hours ago, Sauce said:

I'm playing affliction. The guide says to "keep UA up when reap souls is active", and the various log analyzers yell at me for not keeping UA buffed, but I am not wasting any buff time, I don't let souls cap. I am using contagion.

My question: is it better to accumulate shards and bust them when reap souls is active (not letting shards cap), or to keep UA up at all times, buffing everything else. I typically can keep one going full time on a single target. I get about 1 shard per drain soul run, then i refresh UA, and drain soul again, repeat, keeping dots up as they go. I pop reap souls when it is above 4.

I have 4 piece bonus (UA gives even more buff), using head and chest legionaries.

I know I could go sit at the training dummy for 5 minutes, but I'm at work, and was wondering what others were doing. Training dummies don't always reflect a boss fight with stuff going on all over the place.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/uldaman/sauce

The issue is perhaps that you wait for 4 reap stacks until you pop (yes I know the guide here says that but very few people I talk to advise that now days).

If you reap for 20+ secs then you waste a lot of proc refreshing dots and the like rather than if you pop every cycle (assuming you do not need to save Reap or have to move) then a lot more ticks overall will be in reap and a lot more endings have increased Echoes chance. However, I can consistently dump 2 UAs each cycle. I wouldn't reap on one UA.

As it is already linked on the website it's hopefully fine if I put it here as well: http://lockonestopshop.com/#!/Affliction/Rotation

• Like 1