Demonology Warlock DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands 9.0.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Demonology Warlock in World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.0.5.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic DPS Warlock gear and best in slot.
Gearing a Demonology Warlock
Welcome to our Gearing Page for Demonology Warlock, this section will cover everything you need to know about equipping your character correctly.
If you have a new piece of gear that you need gems and enchants advice for, you can find everything you need on our dedicated page below.
Gearing Early on in Shadowlands as Demonology Warlock
When Season 1 of Shadowlands begins, most of your gear will come from either Raiding, Mythic+, PvP, or the weekly chest. However, none of these options are available in the first couple of weeks of Shadowlands. Below, we go over some of the best ways to get geared early on in Shadowlands.
- Covenant Callings: These are daily quests that can give you up to 200 item level gear and Conduits.
- The Maw: Rares and Events in The Maw can drop up to 184 item level gear.
- Battlegrounds: You can exchange Honor Points for u to item level 184 gear.
- Mythic dungeons: Although Mythic+ is not open yet, standard Mythic dungeons are open. These drop 184 item level loot and can be looted once per week.
- Reputation: Getting honored allows you to buy 181 item level gear and getting exalted gives 200 item level gear.
How To Effectively Compare Upgrades as an Demonology Warlock
Due to the simplicity of determining upgrades with a simulation in the current era of the game, we recommend using the popular Raidbots tool to determine which pieces of gear offer the most potential for your character. The main reason why this is a huge advantage is due to the huge number of variables that differ from character to character, such as Stat Quotients, and Scale Factors.
The Top Gear function can be especially useful, as it allows you to compare multiple items and item types to find the best combination of upgrades.
Learning to use the tools available will allow you to reach the most accurate conclusions with the least effort. It is highly recommended you avail yourself of these tools, and they will serve you well when evaluating items.
The Droptimizer feature from Raidbots lets you identify which dungeons and Raid Bosses you should spend your Bonus Rolls on. It simulates all of the potential upgrades in a raid or a dungeon, and lists the bosses/dungeons by rank order of how much DPS you can expect to gain from bonus rolling on it. We have a guide for it that you can access using the link below.
Legendaries for Demonology Warlock
Grim Inquisitor's Dread Calling (Neck) is the most versatile Demonology-specific Legendary to craft and is competitive in any possible situation. It is advisable to craft it with Missive of Haste and Missive of Mastery.
Relic of Demonic Synergy (Head) deserves a special mention as a generalist option suited for multi-speccing that offers solid output regardless of the situation or the spec being played.
If you are looking for in-depth explanation on what Legendary to pick for what situation and how to obtain them, read our Legendary page below.
Conduits for Demonology Warlock
Best Single-Target Potency Conduits for Demonology Warlock
Best Cleave / AoE Potency Conduits for Demonology Warlock
For more info regarding what Conduits to pick for what situation, check our full Covenants, Soulbinds & Conduits page.
Best in Slot Items for Demonology Warlock
Castle Nathria Best in Slot
Here we have provided a list of the best available items from Castle Nathria, which may be advantageous for players who have little interest in Mythic+ dungeons or PvP.
Dungeons Best in Slot
|Helm||Depraved Physician's Mask||Plaguefall|
|Neck||Sin Stained Pendant||Halls of Atonement|
|Shoulder||Reanimator's Mantle||The Necrotic Wake|
|Cloak||Drape of Twisted Loyalties||Spires of Ascension|
|Chest||Sinlight Shroud||Halls of Atonement|
|Wrists||Contaminated Gauze Wristwraps||Theater of Pain|
|Gloves||Stonefiend Shaper's Mitts||Halls of Atonement|
|Belt||Kin-Tara's Baleful Cord||Spires of Ascension|
|Legs||Leggings of the Erudite Scholar||Plaguefall|
|Boots||Dark Stride Footwraps||Spires of Ascension|
|Ring #1||Death God's Signet||De Other Side|
|Ring #2||Arachnid Cipher Ring||Plaguefall|
|Main-hand + Off-hand||Nathrian Ferula||Halls of Atonement|
|Trinket 1||Inscrutable Quantum Device||De Other Side|
|Trinket 2||Infinitely Divisible Ooze||Plaguefall|
Trinkets for Demonology Warlock
Due to the prevalence of high item level trinkets via Mythic+, raiding, and PvP, there are a variety of suitable options when it comes to trinkets. It is always best to use Raidbots Top Gear to determine what your optimal trinkets are.
From dungeons, Inscrutable Quantum Device is by far the most potent trinket, rivalling raid trinkets of similar item level, but becomes somewhat inconsistent in the latter part of a fight, due to stat increase being on a lower priority than other triggers. Infinitely Divisible Ooze is the best passive trinket, as it benefits from Demonology Mastery and Tyrant aura/ Tyrant's Soul potency conduit. Soulletting Ruby is a good option, especially paired with Grimoire: Felguard and Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning. Empyreal Ordnance is worth mentioning, as the delay in buff application allows you to run it as a second on-use trinket.
From PvP, special mention to Sinful Gladiator's Emblem due to its interaction with Demonic Consumption turning an otherwise defensive trinket into a damage increase during the activation. It is generally worth considering over other options only in conjunction with Priest's Power Infusion and Warrior's Rallying Cry when playing with Grimoire: Felguard and Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning.
Trinket Simulations for Demonology Warlock
- 30 Apr. 2021: Cleaned up Legendary section.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated BiS list to reflect a new Legendary recommendation, added Valor section.
- 23 Feb. 2021: Updated trinket section.
- 28 Dec. 2020: Added Sun King Salvation as another source of drop for the Abominable Anima Spherule weapon token.
- 04 Dec. 2020: Updated Castle Nathria BiS list, added dungeons BiS list, and updated trinket recommendations.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Added disclaimer about Bloodmallet sims.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Page updated for Shadowlands release, added Legendary and Conduits sections, and Castle Nathria BiS list
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 9: Shadow Climbs to the Top
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Icy Veins
- Soul Cinders Currency in Patch 9.1: Legendary Upgrade Costs and Drop Amounts
- Shaman Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38549
- Big Negativity, Toxicity and Criticism Commentary by Asmongold and Other Streamers
- Priest Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38549
- Sanctum of Domination Boss Video Previews
- Paladin Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38549