Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Phonoi

Spec Combination 6.2

2 posts in this topic

I have been struggling to come to a decision about which two specializations would be most optimal to play during 6.2. From what I could tell from browsing these forums, it seems that the consensus is that assassination/combat would be the best bet, but I cannot seem to understand why.

After looking at heroic mode logs, the bosses that combat pulls ahead of the other two specs are: assault, kormrok (by a very small margin), kilrogg (if you're going into the portal), Iskar, and Xhul.

On Assault and Iskar, I cannot wrap my head around how combat would be better in regards to the priority of adds. On Iskar, would it not make more sense to go sub and train eviscerates into whichever mob is at the top of your raids priority, rather then cleaving them all down? I feel the same way towards Assault; even though your dps may skyrocket when you go combat, is it really worth doing that much lower dps on adds that are a priority?

In regards to Kilrogg, if you are not part of the few who go into the portals, I do not see how it would be worth going combat. Kormrok is so close that I feel that in my case, where my group has had no issue killing the hands, I cannot think of a reason to switch from sub, which even with the aoe is only 1.7k behind combat. Xhul seems to be a bit harder to argue against combat, although sub does not seem like an awful alternative if you are constantly assigned to clearing fire and eating black holes.

This post may have ended up more as me attempting to rationalize why I do not need to go combat, but I hope my arguments make sense. Perhaps things change a ton in mythic, but is it actually worth swapping my sub spec out for combat?

You're absolutely right - if you aren't concerned with meters at all and just want the boss to die, you could play Sub/Sin on Assault/Iskar and not worry much. I actually played Sin for my guild's first couple Xhul kills because we needed a stronger execute phase.

It really depends on what your raid needs. If you're really having a hard time getting priority adds down while playing Combat, it's much more likely that the rest of your group isn't focusing said add properly.

If it helps your group, play the Single Target spec, but know that all of the other adds also need to die, and need to be taking at least some cleave

Just for reference: I play Combat for Assault, Iskar, Xhul, and Archimonde. Even though I do the bottom part on Kilrogg, I haven't played it as Combat since the burst that I get coming out of there with 20 stacks and full cooldowns is awesome. I'll try and remember to play it as Combat this coming week

2 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Aggro Pirate Rogue Gadgetzan Standard deck.
    • By Violentravi
      Hello,
      Adelante is currently recruiting DPS & Heals, however, all competent players will be considered.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 8/10N NH 4/7M EN and 3/3H TOV.  As far as classes go we do not have a Moonkin, Mage, Feral Druid, or any type of Monk. We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 7:00 PM until 11:00 PM Eastern.  Thursday is not considered a raid night, but we will often clear Heroic and Normal on this evening for AP and it is not required. We are pushing progression on Il'gynoth, and look forward to finishing off EN then moving on to Nighthold, we will be intermittently working on Mythic TOV.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that, if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
       If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread and link your most recent combat logs for review, make a character on our realm and inbox me, or hit me up on real ID (violentravi#1826).  Alternatively, if you are old school, please apply via our website:  http://www.adelante-guild.com
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho & the Guild
    • By spookychick13
      Hi,

Heading into Nighthold for the first time tonight and now sure how to spec.
      ST?
      AOE?
      MoC or Volley? Is Stampede worth taking?

Help please.
    • By digimij
      Howdy,
      I was going to submit a bug report in game, but I thought I'd check here to see if this really is a bug, or if I just don't understand how the ability is supposed to work. Here's what I planned to submit:
      outlaw rogue ability: Between the Eyes, is not correctly applying the 4x damage increase on critical strikes per the tooltip listed damage for each combo point, nor is it appropriately applying any of the bonus damage modifiers: prey on the weak and ghostly strike. If using Deeper Strategem talent, it appears to be applying 4x damage based on the 5th combo point tooltip, but again, the modifiers:ghostly strike and prey on the weak are not applying. 
      Per the tooltip, at 6 combo points, I should do 200,695 damage, 5 combo points would be 167,470 damage. While testing this on a training dummy, with Ghostly Strike and Prey on the Weak applied, with Deeper Strategem talented, using 6 combo points, I see a critical strike (100% chance from legendary shoulders) of 682,357. Unless my math is horribly mistaken, that should be a critical strike for 963,336:
      200,695 x 4 x (100% + 10% + 10%)

This is what I do:
      Stand behind dummy, so nothing is blocked, build up 6 combo points, apply Ghostly strike, either vanish, or leave combat and enter stealth, use Cheap Shot, then use Between the Eyes
    • By sixxn
      So I'm confused on what to do at this point.. I'm at 30% crit with the shoulders equip and 120% mastery. Should I be stacking mastery now and not worrying about crit since I get 100% off start? I also have the bracers? Also since the burst is for 6 seconds I don't know what I should do for a opener anymore.. Any suggestions?