FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hearthstone Legendary Tempo Mage TGT

Guest Snagon

Just started playing this deck should I add a arcane intellect just having a little trouble cycling, other than that love the deck lots of fun! Thanks sottle!

Guest Guest

Hey sottle, just started playing this deck and was wondering if an arcane intellect would be a good add or not? Thanks

Arcane Intellect is an anti-Tempo card. It was always needed to an extent in Tempo Mage, because there wasn't enough solid stuff to go in the deck by default. The goal is to cut it from the deck completely and not need it, and I hope we've reached that point, but maybe not. You can use one if you like.

Guest jordan

hey sottle what should I replace the shitty spell slingers with? I am not a huge fan of them, they are way too RNG and can fuck you over so much whilst giving you absolute shit that is 2 expensive to ever combo with you stuff. I have played like 30 games with it and im bouncing between rank 3 and 4, I was rank 2 before TGT.

Guest LaytonBro

I really dislike both Rhonin and Spellslinger. Rhonin is way too slow and Slinger's insane RNG lost me games that would have been easily won otherwise. Can i replase Rhonin with Ragnaros and the slingers with Kirin Tor and Mirror Images ?

Rag for Rhonin is totally fine.

Spellslinger, if you cut it, you're back to not have a solid 3-drop to play, which was one of the deck's flaws prior to TGT. Kirin Tor isn't it, Flamewaker isn't a card you just want to play on 3 most of the time. So yeah, that's what the card is in the deck for. If you want to cut it, just put some of the cards from the old Tempo Mage back in.

Guest Guest_Eto

I don't have all of Blackrock, so I don't have flamewalker. What should i temp replace it with?

Guest Nick

Would it be safe to cut shredder or slinger for Counterspell? Thanks for the hard work guys!

Guest Guest123

Flamewaker is not a card you want to cut from Tempo Mage.

Guest SottleFan

Hi Sottle great deck! But what cards can be a good replacements for Rhonin? You mentioned Rag but I don't have that also.

Guest dimsumx

Any recommendation/room for a flamestrike somewhere?

Any recommendation/room for a flamestrike somewhere?

I'm uploading a new build today that runs a Flamestrike, you can try that.

Guest BrokenShards

How about replacing Loatheb for Emperor since the synergy with Antonidas would be significant higher?

How about replacing Loatheb for Emperor since the synergy with Antonidas would be significant higher?

Yeah you can try that, I thought about that slot really hard before I went with Loatheb.

I ALLWAYS draw the wrong cards! ALLWAYS! Winrate 35% atm.

Not really much I can say to that. If it's actually just variance with bad draws, keep playing and it will even out. Otherwise, just try and learn how to improve your usage of the cards you do draw to stay in more games and scrape out some wins.

Guest muse

The more I play tempo mages these days the more I feel like I'm playing control.

Especially with both Antonidas and Rhonin in the deck it feels like a combo deck. Also combo pieces with flamewaker, sorc apprentice. These cards should be hold off one or 2 pieces for the combo in later game. 

I dont run spellslinger. it's been doing more harm than good for me so I run arcane blast and flamestrike instead.

And I switch between emperor and loathb. 

So my question is. Maybe add in belchers? 

But card choices are so tight already. I can only think in place of shredders or mech yetis.

Guest muse

^

I dont see it being good with belchers or healbot either. But the development of this deck is too slow for it to be viable. I'm getting wrecked by aggrodin as I'm typing this reply.

I understand the idea is to have constant pressure to the opponent in the early game but it doesn't deliver well. I've been playing tempo mage a whole full day now...

Something like Flamewaker, Arcane Missiles should sweep an Aggro pally board pretty hard, it's not like you don't have the answers in the deck. And don't think that a day playing a Hearthstone deck is enough to think you're playing the deck right or understand how it works, i've been playing variations of this deck for almost a year, and I still learn things when I play :P

By the way, I played this deck to success at a UK Lan last weekend, and that meta was infested with Aggro Paladin and Face Hunter.

Guest BrokenShards

What do you think about replacing Shredder with Water Elemental? Not needed due to Frost Bolt?

Greeting

As good as Water Ele is, Shredder is even better in most situations, it also offers great synergy with Effigy, since you get a new 4-drop plus a 2-drop when it dies. Water Ele might be better in the Secretless version I posted though, i'll try it out.

Guest Top44

How about Nexus-Champion Saraad instead of Loatheb in this deck? Or would that be too slow?

Sign in to follow this