Damien

Secrets Midrange Paladin Wild

96 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Secrets Paladin Midrange deck for TGT.

Between this and the staple midrange pally deck. Which one is stronger?

Because I have all the cards on this (well, namely Mysterious Challenger) but I'm missing every epic on the other one.... coghammer, quartermaster and lay on hands... Will be a hefty craft so I want some more opinions before investing in. 
Thanks.

If I thought one was strictly stronger, I wouldn't have posted the other. Hearthstone doesn't really work like that where one deck is "just better", it's all about matchups, playstyles etc. I will say that this Mysterious Challenger deck is one of the most popular decks on ladder right now.

I have a question about the knife juggler + muster for battle combo. Often in games I wonder how crucial is to save knife juggler for this combo, for example if I have both of them in hand, should I usually wait till turn 5 to play them? Often times there is nothing else that I could play on turn 2,3 or 4 and I feel forced to use one of those combo pieces. Usually when I play knife juggler on turn 2, it gets removed before I can play muster on turn 3.

If you have no other plays, you should just play out your curve, you need to maintain pressure as much as possible.

thank you

what do you think about replacing the harvest golem with 1 aldor peacekeeper. the golem rarely seems to work out well and when it comes out late game, it's typically a weak play. I seem to face either a lot of aggro or big late game minions that make this about a 50% win rate for me. I know part of that's on me, but the tech of aldor seems to trouble opponents much more than golem. 

I'm finding that by turn 6/7 if I haven't drawn into Mysterious Challenger, I run out of cards in my hand from playing on curve.

It could just be bad draws or mulligans but is anyone else experiencing similar to this?

This happens in about 1 in 5 games which I guess isn't too bad. Any ideas on something in the deck to swap out for Divine Favor?

Hi Scarlett, I found the same issue as you. I also find that drawing Mysterious Challenger at the right time can be really inconsistent - sometimes I don't draw it by turn 6, and sometimes I don't see it at all in a game, regardless of whether or not I have enough other cards.

Disclaimer: I've only been playing a few months so a. I'm not very good (rank 13 with this deck) and I don't have a choice of legendaries.

To ensure that I do get enough cards, I've included one Divine Favour and this has really helped. I swapped this for Competitive Spirit as I found that 9/10 times  this card is junk. I have found Divine Favour is really useful against Warrior, Priest (esp. Dragon) and Mage. 

I have also included a Sludge Belcher, and repalced the Trusilvers with Coghammers to make my deck a bit more sticky. I was finding that with Sottle's roster (I don't have Dr Boom) I was getting beaten by both control and by aggro too much, so I have tried to make my deck more sticky.

The way I play is to control for the first 5 or so turns, then try to burst with M Challenger, or get a Murlock Knight to stick on turn 6 (perhaps with a Sludge already down), or if the situation right, play the Avenging Wrath which I have included. If these don't work (which is often) you probably have your divine favour ready, and if you put enough pressure out early on Tirion can win it for you - especially if you can play him with Redemption which is an awesome combo!

I just played a game against a pally running Sottle's aggro secrets deck. He played a Secretkeeper on turn 1 and this f'd me as I couldn't play any secrets! As Redemption is extremely situational, I've decided to just include 1 in my deck and replace with a Secretkeeper myself to give me more options on turns 1/2/3.

Again, I'm not a good player so take this with a pinch of salt, but hope it helps. If you have any tips please share them with me!

Yeah honestly, if you don't draw into Challenger by turn 6, you should have at least hit SOMETHING dominant, Murloc Knight, Boom, Tirion etc. I don't think the deck is in need of card draw at all.

It's only the rare occasions where I'm sitting there with 1 or 2 cards in my hand thinking, "I wish I had Divine Favor or some kind of card draw".

I managed to reach Legend with the aggro/rush variant of this secret Paladin before people learnt to play around it. I'm encountering more skilled players now who are able to play around the aggro/rush version. They don't expect this midrange version and use silences on my Knife Juggler, Murlock Knight, or other sticky minions, leaving them with no answer to Tirion.

This is why I like this midrange version better. It doesn't only rely on MC as a win condition but instead uses it to apply pressure to the opponent. I had a choice of removing Haunted Creeper, Blessing of Kings, or Harvest Golem for one Divine Favor. I decided to leave the sticky minions and take out Blessing of Kings.

In saying this, I have only played 5 games with the included Divine Favor where it has had no value since I've been up against aggro decks.

It's fun to experiment!

Not having Dr. Boom and Tirion Fordring, may I have your thoughts on replacements from the following:

Kel'Thuzad,

Ragnaros,

Alexstrasza,

or other replacements if some or all of these three are poor choices.

Thank you for providing so many decks, and especially for including clearly written explanations on strategies, inclusions, Mulligans, swaps, etc. 

Quick question, would violet teacher be good in this deck (or one similar to it) ? with all the one drop secrets and stuff I was just wondering

I play version of this deck with Mad Scientists, Divine Favor, Harrison and Repentance. I dont have Tirion yet :'(. At this moment I have 7/0 with this deck from 11 to 8

I play version of this deck with Mad Scientists, Divine Favor, Harrison and Repentance. I dont have Tirion yet :'(. At this moment I have 7/0 with this deck from 11 to 8

You definitely should not be playing Mad Scientists, they're really bad in this deck.

• Like 1

There does seem to be a lot of these Paladin secret / Mysterious Challenger decks in the meta at the moment - considering temporarily swapping in a Kezan Mystic into my shammy deck, and maybe a flare into my hunter deck till the craze subsides!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Aleco
      Four new Mech minions were spoiled as details about the Magnetic keyword were explained and demonstrated in a short video.

Many questions about Magnetic were answered in today's Hearthside Chat as four new Mech cards (three with Magnetic) were revealed in the video:

Announced in the video were details on how the Magnetic mechanic will work in game. If a minion with Magnetic is played to right of another Mech minion, then the minion will be played as-is and the two minions will not fuse together. To "activate" Magnetic and fuse two Mechs together, you will need to play a minion with Magnetic to the left of a Mech minion on the board. It was also announced the Hunter, Paladin, and Warrior will be the three classes that focus on the Magnetic keyword, and there will be Neutral Magnetic minions as well.
      So, what kind of giant robots will we be assembling in The Boomsday Project? First, we get Wargear:

As Stephen Chang pointed out in the video, 5 Mana for 5/5 worth of stats is the same rate as Blessing of Kings! Wargear will turn any Mech into an instant threat, and will surely be a key card in any aggressive Mech deck. Though the card is far from impressive when played without Magnetic, we've seen time and time again just how powerful it is to add stats to the board which you can immediately use to attack (Bonemare, Fungalmancer).

If you're looking for a good target for Wargear's massive stat boost, look no further than Upgradeable Framebot. 2 Mana for 6 total stats is an incredible deal, which should make Upgradeable Framebot a plug-and-play 2 drop in any Mech deck. The fact that this minion has a low Attack should not scare aggro decks away from it, as the 5 Health makes it incredible target for minion buffs.

Our first Warrior card with Magnetic is Beryllium Nullifier, which doesn't excite me as much as the previous two cards. Adding 3/8 and "Can't be targeted by spells or Hero Powers" to any minion makes it nearly impossible for anything but a Vilespine Slayer or Voodoo Doll to kill, but 7 Mana is a huge ask for tempo decks. Magnetic appears to be an aggressive ability by nature, which makes me skeptical about the need for a 7 Mana card which only adds 3 attack the turn it comes down. Beryllium Nullifier seems better suited for a "Big Mech" deck, so we'll have to wait and see which other cards get spoiled before writing this one off.

Last but not least is Zilliax, the walking keyword! This guy has a keyword for every point of Mana he costs, and a few of these keywords are highly desirable ones. Even if Zilliax didn't have Magnetic, he still might be a reasonable card for the fact that he can trade into any 3 Health minion with his Divine Shield and Rush while gaining you 3 life with his Lifesteal, then stick around on the board with his Taunt after he is done. Is this the card that Town Crier has been waiting for? The Lifesteal and Rush also make him a great target for Countess Ashmore in slower decks. I have a hard time imagining a world where Zilliax doesn't see quite a bit of play in the new meta!
      What do you think about these four new Mech cards? Let us know in the comment section, and be sure to check out our Boomsday Project Hub for more information on the upcoming expansion.
    • By Pain
      Hello guys i would like to share my weakauras for each healing class, hope you like it 😉
      Any feedback is appreciated
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      New to Weakauras ?
      You can download it here :
      https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/weakauras-2
      Click the link of the weakaura you want which you can find down below  (Import string) On the wago.io webpage links you can find a copy string button on the right, colored red.
      Like this :  When ingame type /wa to open the control panel of weakaura. Select "import" Paste the string from the wago webpage into this. A screen will pop-up and select the import button on it. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Update Log 
      17-06-18 : Pre-pared all healing tools for patch 8.0 will upload them when patch releases!
      20-06-18 : Uploaded the 8.0 release (still in beta will finalize them when patch is live)
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Summary :
      Shaman Druid Paladin Priest Monk ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Shaman 

Resto Shaman - Healing Tool

Import string :  https://wago.io/SJAG4cTub        ←
      Resto Shaman - Usable cooldowns

Import string :  https://wago.io/S1u7HqpdZ       ←

Druid 
      Druid - Healing Tool

Import string :  https://wago.io/H1ZvS9p_b       ←

Paladin
      Paladin - Healing tool

Import string : https://wago.io/BkQJU96dZ        ←
      Paladin - Usable cooldowns 

Import string :  https://wago.io/r1jnNOQ8M      ←
      Paladin - Light of Dawn info *additional*

Import string : https://wago.io/HyrN6y4YZ         ←

Priest
      Holy Priest - Healing Tool

Import string : https://wago.io/SyghGYcqG        ←
      Holy Priest - Trail of light Talent Tracker *Additional*

Import string :  https://wago.io/EyclhaZuZ        ←

Disc Priest - Healing Tool

Import string :  https://wago.io/SyCn89TdZ        ←

Monk
      Mistweaver Monk - Healing Tool

Import string :  https://wago.io/ryDtJHY5M        ←
      What's making sound : 
      Renewing Mist - off cooldown

• By Aleco
      Quest rewards from today until July 30th will be doubled during the triumphant return of the Midsummer Fire Festival!

Just in time for the upcoming Hearthstone expansion on August 7th, the Midsummer Fire Festival will reward double the gold for all quests completed from now until July 30th.
      Much like last year's festival, Ragnaros has come to "CURE US OF BOREDOM" by bringing us some fresh Hearthstone content. Announced in today's post were new emotes and a new Tavern Brawl, but we can probably also expect a number of daily login surprises if this year's festival is anything like last year's. Expect to hear plenty of amusing dialogue when you log in to Hearthstone over the next few weeks, including plenty of jabs at Ahune the frost elemental.
    • By Aleco
      A new Shaman card was revealed in today's blog post, which shed light on the backstory behind The Boomsday Project.
      A new Shaman card was revealed today on the official Blizzard blog in a post titled The Boomsday Project: Lab Logs Part 1:

A 2/2 Elemental isn't quite worth 2 Mana, while the Battlecry effect on Menacing Nimbus isn't quite worth 1 Mana. Together, the 2 effects add up to a card which likely provides you with more than 2 Mana of value, which makes Menacing Nimbus a playable card in my opinion. If there's an Elemental Shaman deck in the new meta, I expect Menacing Nimbus to be a valuable curve-filler in it.

It's hard to say whether the most exciting part of today's post was the new card, or the amount of backstory, hidden clues, and new art which was provided for The Boomsday Project. I'm sure that someone smarter than myself can decode today's post to discover a number of things about the upcoming expansion.
    • By Zadina
      This Mage Legendary card was revealed in collaboration with Wronchi!
      If you remember from the expansion announcement video, Hearthstone's developers were sucked into Netherstorm and it's up to Levi the intern to rescue them! As he ventures into Boom Labs, he encounters Stargazer Luna.
      The video was made by Wronchi Animations, who have created many beloved and hilarious Hearthstone cartoons. There's probably going to be a second part, so expect more card reveals!
      Now, let's talk about the card itself.

With a Netherstorm expansion, one would expect that the magnificent Kael'thas would have been the Mage Legendary. Instead, we get Stargazer Luna which is a very interesting card with a decent statline. She can complement perfectly Aggro/Burn Mage, but you could perhaps find her in Minion-based Mage decks: mostly Murloc Mage, but maybe Elemental Mage as well. She has potentially better tempo than Aluneth, but is more risky. You obviously don't want to play her on turn 3. Let the topdeck wars begin!
      The reveal schedule is unclear at the moment, but it should go as with previous expansions: an initial reveal livestream on July 23, followed by roughly two weeks of card reveals by community sites and personalities, then a final stream before The Boomsday Project releases on August 7.