Arin

HFC HC Assassination DPS help

Sign in to follow this  

3 posts in this topic

Heya,

Just looking for some general advice as to what I and the other rogue in our guild may be doing wrong as assassination in HFC

Logs from  last raid: http://bit.ly/1UKq4sx
(Can pretty much disregard shadow-lord for my part, died to shakram. No instant poison at start, just generally terrible)
I do notice myself, or noticed that cooldown alignment was pretty terrible on socrethar due to the fact I wasted a lot of time on them as a dominator spawned, generally not my best raid, but still.

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Ar%C3%ACn/simple

(Disregard the combat spec, usually assassination)

Usually try to play as:

Opener: Mutilate to 5+ combo points -> Rupture->Shadow Reflecion/Vendetta ->Mutilate to 5 combo points -> Envenom->Vanish->Mutilate->Preparation->Vanish->Mutilate

After that keep up normal rotation as:

Refresh rupture at 7> seconds left on it with 5 combo points
Envenom at 5 combo points and after pooling some energy.
Swap to dispatch at 35% and try to fit in blindslide procs during envenom buff.

With secondary targets that are shot lived tend to just mutilate and envenom if I get enough combo points, otherwise rupture the secondary target up as well whilst keeping rupture rolling on boss, along with deadly poison.

(This is pretty much what I have told our other rogue in the guild to do as well, gear is almost equal, she misses 4 set however).

Either way feel like my dps is lacking, especially compared to the paladin in our raid group. Any advice would help :)

Using Vendetta glyph is a DPS increase.

Few things I could pinpoint quick on your logs:

Late Preparation usage (sometimes no usage);

Vanish should be used every 1 min, saved by some mechanic or upcoming burst in a short period of time;

And I'm sleepy. Tomorrow I check more (took 40 mins to write this much, hooray sleep).

Fair enough. Will try to keep a better track of usage of vanish/preparation and more so on cooldown usage. Should have some logs to post by tomorrow from a heroic run :) Thanks for the help!