FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
DeadKingdom

Any advice on which legendary to craft frist?

So this is are my decks so far after playing for 4 moths. I have gotten only 1 legengary from packs and I'm no good doing arena to get more gold, dust or "free" packs. So I would like to see in which legendaries I should have priority with those decks. I know Dr.Boom should be the first one at least. Any other tips?

Here are the decks I'm using http://imgur.com/WDT04sI

I know Ramp Druid and Tempo Mage are missing some card that aren't legendaries and need more work.

The main one I see would be, like you said, Dr. Boom. Sylvanas would be another good one after Boom. Others to consider would be: Ysera, Malygos, Ragnaros, Harrison Jones, and the Black Knight. As far as class specific I would go with Archmage Antonidas and Grommash. 

Firstly, your decks need refining. No matter how many legendaries you slap in them, you still won't be able to reach legend ranks. Good deck without legendaries > Bad deck with legendaries. I am mainly referring to your tempo mage with blizzards and ramp druid with all kinds of cards. 

Secondly, crafting a legendary is a huge investment. You spend 1600 dust to craft something you might not even draw. For 1600 dust you could get 4 and drawing at least one of them is way more probable. Your priority should be something like this: strong and needed epics (such as FoN), then Boom, then rest of epics and then rest of legendaries. Also, you should focus on building only one deck at a time. Having multiple good-ish decks is worse for ladder than one very powerful deck.

• Like 4

If your goal is to move up the ladder as quickly as possible, then I would follow positiv2's suggestion to focus on one deck at a time. This is wise for two main reasons:

1) Building one deck at a time will be quicker then slowly piecing together multiple decks. You can disenchant the cards you don't need for that deck to quickly craft the cards you do need. The potential drawback here is that you may disenchant cards you later want, and crafting them later would be an inefficient use of your gold. However, you can still focus on one deck at a time without disenchanting cards. Just save up your dust for those deck-specific cards whether they be legendary, epic, rare, or even common.

2) Playing one deck at a time will enable you to become very familiar with that deck. Practice is the key to mastering a deck, so the more you play it the better you will do on ladder. Jumping from deck to deck will allow you to become good at multiple decks, but you will likely master none of them.

If your goal is to simply complete your daily quests efficiently while having fun, and you are not worried about moving up the ladder, there is nothing wrong with building and playing multiple decks at a time. I actually fit this category. My time spent on Hearthstone is limited, so when I'm on I just want to finish my quests as soon as possible. I also find it more fun to play multiple decks. So contrary to my advice above, I always jump from deck to deck. I haven't mastered any decks, and I've never reached legend, but I have good decks in most of the classes and have a good win percentage on ladder. If you also fit this category and want good decks across all or most of the classes, you can start with aggressive decks. They generally don't need legendary cards, so you can build multiple aggressive decks across multiple classes without waiting to save tons of dust.

• Like 3

Those that came before me gave good advice. A good piece of advice I can offer you is scrap the patron deck. With the loss of Warsong Commander its viability has been reduced greatly. Another thing to is your decks need refining and you seem to be missing many other powerful cards that must come before legendaries. An example of this is Ancient of Lore for Druid; I can't tell you how important this card is for ramp decks. As for a first legendary to craft there is really only one option.

Dr. Boom is always the #1 legendary to craft first if you don't have him. He is without a doubt the best seven drop in the game at the moment because of the pressure he puts on your opponent especially if the board is in your favor. Another great thing about him is that he is neutral and can be put in any deck. Be aware though he is succeptible to BGH and bad rng but every card, even legendaries, have their unavoidable weaknesses. This is why it is important to get the staple rares and epics first because a well built deck and playing smart are more important than throwing down big scary things.

First and foremost follow the above posters advice to pick one class you like playing the most and stick with that one. After that find the staple rares and epics that class uses for the concept your trying to achieve with that deck, ex. PLD decks always use Muster for Battle. After you have achieved this then focus on getting Dr. Boom and the class legendaries for your class.

• Like 2

Firstly, your decks need refining. No matter how many legendaries you slap in them, you still won't be able to reach legend ranks. Good deck without legendaries > Bad deck with legendaries. I am mainly referring to your tempo mage with blizzards and ramp druid with all kinds of cards. 

Secondly, crafting a legendary is a huge investment. You spend 1600 dust to craft something you might not even draw. For 1600 dust you could get 4 and drawing at least one of them is way more probable. Your priority should be something like this: strong and needed epics (such as FoN), then Boom, then rest of epics and then rest of legendaries. Also, you should focus on building only one deck at a time. Having multiple good-ish decks is worse for ladder than one very powerful deck.

Positiv2 on point as always. My response was more of giving him the list of legendaries that had the most value. 

Would definitely choose Dr Boom as my first choice for legendary - it seems a staple card of nearly every deck of every class, there seems to be hardly ever a bad time to play it and you will nearly always get great value from it - whereas other great legendaries such as Silvanas can be amazing if played against big powerful minions - but poor value if put down facing against a board packed full of low value minions for example. 

• Like 2