FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hearthstone Sottle's Legendary Tempo Mage TGT

Guest Wingdins

I think the unstable portal 'card' is bugged in the decklist, incorrectly showing it as a hero power costing 0 mana.

Guest Gobos

I've started practicing this deck recently, I really like it. Random stuff given by portals and spellslingers is gamebreaking sometimes biggrin.png

In my experience, it does very badly against control Warrior - is this correct, or am I doing something wrong? 

Also, do you think any of the cards from new adventure will be worthwhile additions or must-haves in this deck? 

I've started practicing this deck recently, I really like it. Random stuff given by portals and spellslingers is gamebreaking sometimes biggrin.png

In my experience, it does very badly against control Warrior - is this correct, or am I doing something wrong? 

Also, do you think any of the cards from new adventure will be worthwhile additions or must-haves in this deck? 

Although the deck is unfavoured against Control Warrior, I feel like "very badly" is too much. Usually players overextend into Brawl and trade too much.

The torch seems ok, but not sure what to swap it for. For now I play it without any LoE cards.

I experience a shortcoming of card draw with this deck

Yes, that is a bit of a problem. You will need to know when to use your resources so you don't run out of them. If you tempo too hard, you will quickly run out of cards. 

Guest obivandamme

I swapped the Crusader for the Ethereal Conjurer. The stats are worse, but I think a spell is more valuable than a random paladin card. I am not sure if the "stats for spell" trade of is worth it but I at least want to test it

I still prefer the Crusader personally, but i'm considering adding Conjurer to the standard version, i'm not all that convinced on it yet though. More testing needed.

I don't have access to BRM at the moment, so I'm missing the Flamewakers, what would you recommend as a replacement? I was thinking either Big Game Hunter or Mind Control Tech, but I'm not entirely certain. I have about 10k dust, so crafting isn't really an issue, but anything from LoE or BrM is going to have to wait for a while.

I don't have access to BRM at the moment, so I'm missing the Flamewakers, what would you recommend as a replacement? I was thinking either Big Game Hunter or Mind Control Tech, but I'm not entirely certain. I have about 10k dust, so crafting isn't really an issue, but anything from LoE or BrM is going to have to wait for a while.

There is a Tempo Mage without BrM posted on the site already. I don't think it will be any good, though. 

Guest Guest

Been having some fun with this deck and similar ones, but no matter what I tech in I cant seem to consistently beat control decks, especially priests who get a fast start, and handlocks.  

In a deck with no silence or similar effects, how can you go about killing or playing around a cleric or deathlord that's been buffed with velens chosen on turn 3 for example?

Handlocks have proven pretty much unbeatable for me if they know what they're doing, the closest I can get is lowering them to 17 or so health while I have some minions on the board and both fireballs in hand, but then the inevitable reno jackson or brann healbot combo shatters that dream

Been having some fun with this deck and similar ones, but no matter what I tech in I cant seem to consistently beat control decks, especially priests who get a fast start, and handlocks.  

In a deck with no silence or similar effects, how can you go about killing or playing around a cleric or deathlord that's been buffed with velens chosen on turn 3 for example?

Handlocks have proven pretty much unbeatable for me if they know what they're doing, the closest I can get is lowering them to 17 or so health while I have some minions on the board and both fireballs in hand, but then the inevitable reno jackson or brann healbot combo shatters that dream

In that case you could tech in a second Poly:Boar. Not really sure though, as it will lower your winrate against aggro decks. 

If you have minions in play as you described, then the healing shouldn't be too big of a deal. Obviously Reno sucks, but Reno when you have a board is not the end of the world. You need to be prepared to play the long game now that there's so much more healing in the game, use your damage to take down minions, keep a board presence etc. Minions are worth infinite damage if they stay alive, Fireballs are just 6 :)

Priests can be rough, Handlock and Renolock is pretty 50/50 though.

Guest Guest

Hi, I'm puzzled: Arcane Intellect is mentioned in your discussion, but is not on the list. Do I miss something here?

Guest Maelzrael

The adjustments made to the deck yesterday are pretty great for this meta. However your guide doesn't reflect these changes in all areas yet.. just a heads up. 

Guest Batman

Thank you Sottle for all these decks, tempo mage has been my favourite for quite some time and with it I had the easlest climb to rank 3 (i guess you can reach legend with all of your metadecks but after rank 5 i get lazy).

Anyways, i think counterspell fits better than duplicate (gives you a chance to play flamewaker on a empty board and and bait removals, sometimes you counter big spells etc), thoughts on this?

Thank you Sottle for all these decks, tempo mage has been my favourite for quite some time and with it I had the easlest climb to rank 3 (i guess you can reach legend with all of your metadecks but after rank 5 i get lazy).

Anyways, i think counterspell fits better than duplicate (gives you a chance to play flamewaker on a empty board and and bait removals, sometimes you counter big spells etc), thoughts on this?

The Secret package is definitely flexible, i'm not a big fan of Counterspell since i find it more awkward when pulled from a Mad Scientist than Mirror or Dupe, but a lot of players do favour it.

Sign in to follow this