Vlad

Freeze Mage Wild

Sign in to follow this  

22 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Legendary Reno Jackson Freeze Mage deck for LoE.

Hey! I have loved freeze mage since I started Hearthstone! I believe Reno makes it even more fun. I have collected every card except for Bloodmage Thanes. As you can guess, my question to you is what I should replace him with in THIS deck. Normally I would put a second loot horder but that wouldn't be great synergy with Reno. I'm thinking that maybe Kobold is better in this deck. Thanks for your time, keep it up and have a great day!

Hey! Isn't it mistake, that this deck contains double cards? I may be wrong but i think Reno works only if you have exactly one copy of each card, and on list that is 2 x Doomsayer, Ice Lance and so on...

Hey! Isn't it mistake, that this deck contains double cards? I may be wrong but i think Reno works only if you have exactly one copy of each card, and on list that is 2 x Doomsayer, Ice Lance and so on...

Those cards that are in your hand or have been played, are not in your deck, thus Reno can be activated. This is also explained in the deck's description :)

Minor confusion in the card swap section (Loot Horder vs Novice Engineer).

Btw: What do you think about coldlight oracle as a sub for either of these?

Minor confusion in the card swap section (Loot Horder vs Novice Engineer).

Btw: What do you think about coldlight oracle as a sub for either of these?

I can't really see the problem. There is one Hoarder in the deck, no Novice Engineers and the swap part talks about swapping the Loot Hoarder for an Explosive Sheep.

Coldlight Oracle is really risky, but can pay off. I would still prefer Loot Hoarder.

"Novice Engineer and Explosive Sheep are fairly interchangeable. If you are facing more aggression, then the Explosive Sheeps are preferred in order to control the board early. If you are facing more Control, then the Loot Hoarders are more beneficial to help you cycle through your deck faster."

The link above goes to the regular freeze mage deck, where there is no novice engineer at all, and not the one with Reno. So the Loot horder should stay in the Reno deck and the question is whether to chance the novice engineer for a sheep. The second sentence is probably a copy paste error from the original deck. As I said, just minor ;-)

• Like 1

Any thoughts what I could replace the Pyroblast with? I do own the card, but almost all the time it is just sitting in my hand doing nothing.

Possible candidates i could think of:

- A second Fireball. Probably the option most synergistic with the rest of the deck, it has the disadvantage of reducing Reno Jackson's activation chance.

- A second Forgotten Torch. Nearly the same pros and cons as the second Fireball.

- Azure Drake. Cycles. Might draw some attention away from the hero. If it lives the spell damage bonus is a nice perk.

- Gnomish Inventor. Basic principle as Azure Drake, but cheaper and with less of an upside.

Or do I just need to practice more to discover Pyroblast's true potential?

Edited by Kobal

Any thoughts what I could replace the Pyroblast with? I do own the card, but almost all the time it is just sitting in my hand doing nothing.

Possible candidates i could think of:

- A second Fireball. Probably the option most synergistic with the rest of the deck, it has the disadvantage of reducing Reno Jackson's activation chance.

- A second Forgotten Torch. Nearly the same pros and cons as the second Fireball.

- Azure Drake. Cycles. Might draw some attention away from the hero. If it lives the spell damage bonus is a nice perk.

- Gnomish Inventor. Basic principle as Azure Drake, but cheaper and with less of an upside.

Or do I just need to practice more to discover Pyroblast's true potential?

Pyroblast is often really good and if it isn't and justs sits in your hand, you shouldn't really worry about it because you should have full hand of other cards that can be played. I am quite happy with Pyroblast, it is just about using your spells in specific order, but no need to try to play them in a specific order, it is just something that sometimes randomly happens.

If Pyroblast is sat in your hand a lot, you're probably missing opportunities to use it. Spending a turn Pyroblasting your opponent in the face when you have an Ice Block up is one of the key turns in Freeze Mage quite often, i'd find it hard to believe that you haven't run into the situation where it's correct.

My 1st game with this deck - I lost to murlock paly because my 4 last cards in my deck were 2 doomsayers and 2 flamestrikes... FML

This thread is for comments about our Legendary Reno Jackson Freeze Mage deck for LoE.

Hi Vlad, 

the link does not lead to Reno Jackson Freeze, it leads to usual Freeze Mage instead. Would you please fix it?

Thanks!

Is it wise to play malygos as a replacement for alexstrexa? For i do not own it.

I guess, but it definitely feels weird. Not really sure about it. Try it and if it doesn't work, try an Explosive Sheep instead.

I thought I would share some of the card swaps I've done. They work pretty well now that I have Pyroblast, but it's still not great since I don't have 2 big damage cards. (No Alex)

Most of my replacements are just for the 2nd copy of a card. 

Ice Block  - replaced with mirror image

Archmage Antonidas - replaced with Saraad

Bloodmage Thalnos - replaced with Azure drake

Doomsayer x2 - replaced with Flame Leviathan & Mad bomber 

-Flame Leviathan is a super funny card to have in this deck. Since you are playing conservatively, but drawing thru your deck, this one usually just kills a bunch of their minions. It doesn't help much if you get it in the mulligan though. 

Hey guys

Just wondering as I'm missing 1 doomsayer, 1 ice block, bloodmage thalnos and Alexstraza would good substitutes be Explosive Sheep, Animated Armour, Kobold Geomancer and to replace Alexstraza maybe a healbot or Chromaggus? I have all expansions

Hey guys

Just wondering as I'm missing 1 doomsayer, 1 ice block, bloodmage thalnos and Alexstraza would good substitutes be Explosive Sheep, Animated Armour, Kobold Geomancer and to replace Alexstraza maybe a healbot or Chromaggus? I have all expansions

I have the second doomsayer, ice block and Alexstraza now- what can I replace Pyroblast with? I agree with the above comment saying Azure Drake, Gnomish Inventor or a second fireball are ideal- at this stage thinking the second fireball is the best option

I played this Deck for 4 days now and i am still stuck at Rank 20. Sometimes its fun, most of the time it is really frustrating.

On 4 June 2016 at 8:47 AM, Guest Ramsay said:

I played this Deck for 4 days now and i am still stuck at Rank 20. Sometimes its fun, most of the time it is really frustrating.

In a case like this, you're most likely doing something very wrong :P You could record your games with plays.tv and we'd be more than happy to review them.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this