FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
BetweenTheBamboo

Arcane help please

So I play an arcane mage right now, big surprise.

My ilvl is 480, I follow this site and another site for understanding my class but apparently I am still just garbage and suck at everything. My dps on the first MSV boss is roughly 60k (with out being chained) low 40k (with being chained)

a boss like the 2nd one, where its mainly a tank and spank for me I average 55k to 65k and cant seem to tweak my shit.

http://us.battle.net...s/Båmbøø/simple

I think this is the proper world of logs

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7jnn6sq52z3q7enm/details/5/

Rotation for a quick fight

living bomb

arcane blast x4

refresh bomb

arcane blast x2

arcane / scorch until 2 missles (refreshing living as needed)

mirror image

hand sprocket (engineering)

alter time macro (uses a quick pot, arcane power and arcane blast at the end)

while in alter time

missles x2

Barrage

refresh bomb

Once out

missle x2

start over

My armory page...

unbuffed I have 10% haste, and I know this is an issue but I just do not know what I am doing with it comes to reforging and shit, I did the askmrrobot and think that it is garbage (the stats were uncorrect, it didnt have anything correct)

so can I get any dps help ?

Edited by BetweenTheBamboo

Well, 60k is not that bad with your gear. However 40k is a bit low. My suggestions are:

1) Always cast. This is usually the biggest reason for low dps. When people have to move or deal with some encounter mechanic they stop casting until they are 'clear'.

2) Never drop the stacks. If you have to ramp up back to 6 stacks you will lose a lot of dps. If you are chained to a melee dps use Arcane Explosion while moving.

3) Try to line your bursts (Arcane Power) with the procs of Relic of Yu'lon or do a mini-burst when it procs.

4) Use all enchants, gems and upgrades you can. Money is not an issue in MoP. And the first item you will want to upgrade is your weapon because it gives double benefit: increases both int and spell power.

5) Mastery and Haste are almost equal for an Arcane mage. If you want to try Mastery build then the Haste soft breakpoints for the bombs are (these are calculated assuming that you have Spell Haste buff):

- 3039 Haste points for Living Bomb

- 3056 Haste points for Nether Tempest

Edited by Siniwelho

Well, 60k is not that bad with your gear. However 40k is a bit low. My suggestions are:

1) Always cast. This is usually the biggest reason for low dps. When people have to move or deal with some encounter mechanic they stop casting until they are 'clear'.

2) Never drop the stacks. If you have to ramp up back to 6 stacks you will lose a lot of dps. If you are chained to a melee dps use Arcane Explosion while moving.

3) Try to line your bursts (Arcane Power) with the procs of Relic of Yu'lon or do a mini-burst when it procs.

4) Use all enchants, gems and upgrades you can. Money is not an issue in MoP. And the first item you will want to upgrade is your weapon because it gives double benefit: increases both int and spell power.

5) Mastery and Haste are almost equal for an Arcane mage. If you want to try Mastery build then the Haste soft breakpoints for the bombs are (these are calculated assuming that you have Spell Haste buff):

- 3039 Haste points for Living Bomb

- 3056 Haste points for Nether Tempest

Hmm, so I am around 4.5k haste (unbuffed)..... essentially I could re-allocate are 1400 haste(unbuffed) to mastery since I am more so stacking mastery?

And I have no idea how many is not an issue for you lol I cant get above 7k

I looked at one of your tries on Elegon and the uptime on Living Bomb is like 54%. You need to try and get it close to 100%.

Bamboo, can you tell me what stats were wrong on Ask Mr. Robot. I'd like to see what's going on.

(I'm from Ask Mr. Robot).

Bamboo, can you tell me what stats were wrong on Ask Mr. Robot. I'd like to see what's going on.

(I'm from Ask Mr. Robot).

Sure I am going to pull it up now and give you the info, maybe you can even tell me if I am reading it wrong! :D

here ya go, its a side by side screen shot of my actual in game spell stats vs. what mr.robot is telling me is wrong

When I did use it once and to its full optimizing (It said I was like 80% not optimized) it said I would be at 14.85% hit, I was really at 12% hit after using Mr.robot. Most of my friends find it very inaccurate as well. If it will work, this would be an amazing must use site for me.

Posted Image

Bamboo - thanks for that info. It definitely looks like it's just a matter of reading it "wrong." It's not really "wrong," it's just that Mr. Robot is outsmarting us humans, and thinking ahead. Here's what's going on.

First, to compare stats you should click on the "my mods" tab, circled in limey green on the screenshot. Then compare it to the unbuffed stats.

• As you see, circled in yellow, the hit numbers match. As do the other stats like int, haste, etc.
  • Crit doesn't match (circled in orange), and this is where Mr. Robot is trying to outsmart you. When you fight mobs/bosses in Warcraft, you lost 1% crit for every 1 level higher than you the mob is.

• So if you're fighting a level 91 mod, you'd lose 1% crit.
  • By default, Mr. Robot assumes you're fighting a boss, which is 3 levels higher than you, so he removed 3% crit. As you can see, your crit is exactly 3% less on AMR than on the armory.
  • Now, when you look at buffed numbers, you see that Mr. Robot puts your crit much higher. That's because he's accounting for the 5% crit buff you get from party members in your raid.
  • If you're running 5mans or fighting other mobs, you can change that in the edit weights menu. At the top, there is a drop down that lets you select different levels of mobs.
Does that cover all of the mismatched stats, or are there others I can still help with? BTW, I'm working on a bunch of tutorials for FAQs on our site. It sounds like the stats mismatching is one I should add to the list. So I'm glad I stumbled on this thread :)

Posted Image

• Like 1