Vlad

Heroes of the Storm Lunara

Sign in to follow this  

30 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Lunara build guide for Heroes of the Storm.

I ran a few tests on Blossom Swell, and the increase radius is barely noticeable, couldn't possibly the stated 20% increase in the tooltip. I suspect it is a miscalculation in the game that instead of increasing the radius it increase the area of effect by 20%, which translate to about 9.54% radius increase, hence the hideous effect.

hello guys,

i have a question about the tier 1 talent natures perspectiv. it says it reveals enemys for its duration, BUT if you're able to apply the toxic , it triggers every 3 sec. , which means the toxic alone prevents restealth, because he gets dmg .. ? or am i technically wrong about the toxic technice?

thanks for your answers!

greetings m3hs

I ran a few tests on Blossom Swell, and the increase radius is barely noticeable, couldn't possibly the stated 20% increase in the tooltip. I suspect it is a miscalculation in the game that instead of increasing the radius it increase the area of effect by 20%, which translate to about 9.54% radius increase, hence the hideous effect.

Interesting! Due to the lack of alternatives, it still remains an ok talent for poison heavy builds imo.

hello guys,

i have a question about the tier 1 talent natures perspectiv. it says it reveals enemys for its duration, BUT if you're able to apply the toxic , it triggers every 3 sec. , which means the toxic alone prevents restealth, because he gets dmg .. ? or am i technically wrong about the toxic technice?

thanks for your answers!

greetings m3hs

You're right. Poison prevents heroes like Zeratul and Nova from cloaking. But, and this is a big but, the vision is very useful to track their movements. 

Vision on multiple enemies is incredibly useful - it prevents them from starting surprise attacks, it allows you and your allies to aim skillshots more easily, etc.

Natural Perspective is a strong talent and definitely recommended, even for poison builds. 

Interesting! Due to the lack of alternatives, it still remains an ok talent for poison heavy builds imo.

hello guys,

thanks for your answers!

greetings m3hs

You're right. Poison prevents heroes like Zeratul and Nova from cloaking. But, and this is a big but, the vision is very useful to track their movements. 

Vision on multiple enemies is incredibly useful - it prevents them from starting surprise attacks, it allows you and your allies to aim skillshots more easily, etc.

Natural Perspective is a strong talent and definitely recommended, even for poison builds. 

Thank you, didn't noticed that i can keep it also on not stealth targets ... missunderstood that smile.png

I've been playing around with her basic attack build since day one. The Icy build is almost the same as I built for her. The only real difference is her level 16 Talent, I'm running Invigorating Spores. I could be wrong but I find it more effective than Star Wood Spear. Pros and Cons I guess. 

She's countered by the butcher? Not even in lane she can run all over him and as soon as she hits ten her jump over skill actually allows you to dodge butcher stuns.

She's countered by the butcher? Not even in lane she can run all over him and as soon as she hits ten her jump over skill actually allows you to dodge butcher stuns.

Early game he can be a problem. For me I have a hard time with Falstad 1v1. His burst damage is too much for her. 

Counters do not only count for 1v1 lane phases. In a mid-late game team fight where Lunara gets initiated, stunned and slowed by Butcher can pretty much cause her to die instantly (especially if the enemy team follows up nicely).

I've been playing around with her basic attack build since day one. The Icy build is almost the same as I built for her. The only real difference is her level 16 Talent, I'm running Invigorating Spores. I could be wrong but I find it more effective than Star Wood Spear. Pros and Cons I guess. 

I've played with Invigorating Spores, too. But Star Wood Spead is just incredible. Allows you to play more safely, to get kills you would not have been able to get without it... It's beautiful. 

• Like 1

Lunara is countered pretty hard by Nova in my experiences.

well lets be honest, if tyrande early game can pretty much fill a huge amount of your life with her q, then yes you're damn squishy

So I've been playing with Star Wood Spear the last few days as you said and I would have to agree with you. Though I do love the damage that she puts out with the increase of attack speed, I like the ability to safely hunt you down even more. Thanks for clearing that up. 

So I've been playing with Star Wood Spear the last few days as you said and I would have to agree with you. Though I do love the damage that she puts out with the increase of attack speed, I like the ability to safely hunt you down even more. Thanks for clearing that up. 

Cool, happy to hear you like it! 

My honest opinion on my favourite build is such:

LVL1:

-I find myself using natural Perspective if I want to play with a dedicated team, which means snowballing, seeing enemies and where they run away is a good thing, especially after you trigger Crippling Spores, which extends the toxin duration and adds a stack if not full. very useful when you have a stalker hero in team (nova/zeratul).

-I use Blossom Swell on maps with a lot of merc camps (Dragon Shire/garden of Terror/Infernal Shrines/Towers of Doom)

very useful, even though the tooltip is generous with +20% as it's been proven it's at best 10% radius, which even at 20% isn't a very good buff, the size buff is just pointless.

-I noticed Cruel Spores is actually really good if you plan on using this talent to your advantage when it comes to abusing minions and mercs, and taking advantage of the Crippling Spores other talents that make Lunara excel at camp raiding and gathering minion xp, she can be very efficient at clearing out lanes fast.

LVL4:

-My personal Favourite is Skybound Wisp, which I can place at close vicinity to camps of high importance, or keep an eye on the only boss on the map. I haven't tested this on Haunted Mines, but I think for that particular map Dividing Wisp would be best to keep an eye on the mines entrances.

-Timelost Wisp should be replaced with Stealth Wisp, with higher vision, longer active timer and permanent cloak.

LVL7:

Natural Vision usage build:

-Splintered Spear, this is a very good idea for matches when you have stalkers, and enemy is actually snowballing you. You can hit more enemies, and keep an eye on them for a while, allowing stalkers to take em out effectively, especially when you use Crippling Spores to slow them down and extend the duration of spying smile.png This is great if you're teamed up with competent Nova player.

LVL10: Thornwood Vines, self explanatory.

LVL13: Unfair Advantage, why ? With Natural Perspective you see enemies, using spores you slow them down, the toxin will deal more damage than your basic attacks anyway, deal some more. And let stalkers take them out easier.

LVL16: Here I always find myself in a pinch, depending on the enemies, I use different talent, fore example, Lili often has sprint, taking her out is a pain, and she's not the only escapist. If like me, you often check enemy talent builds during gameplay, you can use:

-Starwood Spear, if you don't have enemies that escape too fast, Crippling Spores will slow them down for you for just long enough to maintain high toxin damage (which with the previous talent will deal 70% more damage than your basic attacks) but now they won't be escaping you that easily because of your extended range, combined with your +20% constant movement speed this is bullying.

-Let Them Wither, if you are taking out a single leftover, like Lili or Malfurion. This is like seriously bullying, your toxin already deals 170% of your attack damage, the enemy is seriously slowed down, even if it's more than one enemy, this seriously lets your team pick them off, they just can't escape in time.

LVL20: If you are not playing against debuffers i strongly suggest using Galloping Gait, spending talent on Forest's Wrath is pointless, this doesn't increase the damage, just effective range and speed of vines which make sense due to increased range, otherwise casting would be 1.2 sec instead of 1 sec. Sight radius while casting isn't important because anything you put toxin on is revealing enemy anyway.

Noxious Blossom/Cruel Spores abuse build:

-Nature's Culling, very useful when you raid camps, keeps, and soak xp from minions, you spend less time on clearing those lanes allowing your minions to attack, very useful against mercs as well, and bosses also take more damage. If enemy sends a boss down your lane, this helps take it out easily.

-Wild vigor, while clearing lanes you will eventually encounter enemy heroes, better to deal a few crits to them and either run off and make them retreat due to toxin or let them die, they will hardly chase you with toxin on, and you dealing them 3 crit hits which should leave them with around 30% health by the time they get to the healing well, they will not resume chasing you as well. healers will not chase you because by the time they regain enough hp to chase after you, your Crippling Spores are ready to deal slow on them the moment you hit them back wit ha spear and you can deal 3 more crits at them. At this point they should die. The only drawback with Cruel Spores is that they are affected by buildings, and that sets the cooldown normally instead of -80% timer. I'm expecting this to get nerfed though.

LVL10: vines, cuz, jumping around while soaking xp is not a smart idea.

LVL13: If you are playing against a team with ability abusers, you might want:

-Greater Spell Shield, it's better than extending your blossom range, if you choose to soak xp for the team, clear merc camps and destroy keeps, it's better than dying from heavy spell damage, if you don't fear ability abusers though,

-Pestering Blossom is the better talent for lanes, merc camps and soaking xp. This also is great to aid your team against tanks, your basic operation range is expanded, if you used Wild Vigor then even more so, due to increased range you can stack the toxin faster than your attack range allows, and deal a few crit hits to aid your team from range, in my case I'm usually paired with melee heroes, so this is just perfect for me.

LVL16: If you used Nature's Culling for soaking, then follow up with

-Choking pollen, very effective against buildings, mercs and bosses. very useful if you go against small groups eof enemy heroes and want to help your team deal more damage.

-Star Wood Spear is very good when paired with Wild Vigor.

LVL20: as before, if you are not up against debuffing heroes, using up talent for bigger range at this point is not logical, better take

-Galloping Gait

But if you are against debuffers, Abolish Magic is a better choice, you'll be able to effectively escape the debuffers AND safely.

pretty nice so far, you might add cd time on Galloping Gait (I think it's 30 sec?) and that you can use your wisp to block skillshots (that'll happen once in a blue moon, but if you happen to have wisp on cd you can try it...blocking Stormbolt or Snipe with a wisp feels so damn good laugh.png )

• Like 1

I'd like to go back and discuss Nature's Culling a bit. You write it off as a useless talent, but I've found it's very nice to have for a number of reasons.

1) It lets you deal superb siege damage - Alternating between 3 different structures lets you get them down very quickly, even compared to actual siege characters. Together with the increased range in late game you can even stay outside the turret range. Of course, Lunara isn't a siege character per se, but there's often an opportunity to attack a fort or keep for a bit in many maps. Very valuable at Towers of Doom in particular. 

2) It lets you kill objective monsters very quickly. Maps that have you PvEing for objectives (Infernal Shrines, Battlefield, Flower wossname), or defending against the same (again Infernal Shrines and Battlefield) benefit a lot from this talent.

3) It lets you solo cap mercenary camps quickly, although you take a bit of damage in the process.

4) Minor, but still: While an enemy minion group is walking (not engaged), you can hit every single minion in a wave with a single Thornwood Vine, and the hit plus increased poison damage is enough to kill them all before you get out of xp range. Since one minion wave = one hero kill worth of XP, that's a pretty nice XP burst from someone who'd otherwise have to attack the minions individually.

Thoughts?

Hey there, 

I have never seen Nature's Culling being used in the pro scene. And in general I think that the synergy between Wild Vigor and Star Wood Spear is just too good to be ignored. Even if you go Splintered Spear, which some pros do, you'll have much more of a team fight impact than with Nature's Culling. 

Although I see your point - waveclear is important after all - team fight presence and damage against Heroes is even more important. smile.png

Siphoning Toxin is very underwhelming I don't feel like it's a legit choice. The fact that it has to compete with the most important talents she has (Wild Vigor and Splintered Spear) make it even worse.

I agree, it is not better than any of the other talents.

However, I specifically added "if you don't have a support in your team" in the guide, which will likely be the case if you play solo Quick Match. In these cases, where you fully have to rely on yourself 100%, it can become a necessary talent. 

On March 11, 2016 at 9:15 PM, Guest Thanh Nguye said:

Siphoning Toxin is very underwhelming I don't feel like it's a legit choice. The fact that it has to compete with the most important talents she has (Wild Vigor and Splintered Spear) make it even worse.

Quite honestly, I agree with this statement. The healing per second seems more like a passive regeneration bonus more than anything, and given that it doesn't stack, like, say Tempered by DisciplineTempered by Discipline will as you continue to attack more and more targets. In quick match, you're better off trying to kill enemies faster than have a little bit of regen this talent has to offer, in my opinion.

On 12/14/2016 at 2:27 AM, Niteshadow said:

In quick match, you're better off trying to kill enemies faster than have a little bit of regen this talent has to offer, in my opinion.

Super late, but a fair point. It will also be a decision you have to make based on who you are fighting. The regen is probably pretty useful against very kite-able enemies. 

Is an update on this guide likely to be sooner or later (as in after quite a few others)..... quite a while since this one was done!

Keep up the good work though.

3 hours ago, Kiarbitrager said:

Is an update on this guide likely to be sooner or later (as in after quite a few others)..... quite a while since this one was done!

Keep up the good work though.

This guide is our to-do list, but sadly Kendric has been very busy lately. There are a few guides with higher priority as far as I know, so getting this guide updated might take some time. If you feel like this guide needs an update ASAP, let me know and I will see what can be done about it. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

• Like 1

I'm curious. There is a talent build recommended in the "preface" but it includes talents which contradict the talent suggestions (and the builds on the talent page). Should the talent builds in the preface be disregarded? I appreciate the hard work and the guide!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this