L0rinda

Hearthstone: SuperJJ Reaches Rank One Legend NA with Malygos Rogue

Sign in to follow this  

1 post in this topic

14939-hearthstone-superjj-reaches-rank-o

The first season of the new Hearthstone Championship Tour has seen a rise in top players trying to get high legend rankings due to the Championship points on offer. SuperJJ, who has been on a terrific run in tournaments recently, showed he is equally good on ladder by claiming top spot on the NA server using a Malygos Rogue deck.

He started his stream on Friday night in 94th place and played for five hours to take his ranking up to 12th. He resumed on Sunday in 13th place and a 6-0 win streak took him to the top spot. At this point he switched to EU where he peaked at 4th before slipping back to 172nd. He had also slipped to rank 3 on NA by the end of the stream as he lost one game trying to regain the ranking that was taken from him while he was on the other server. The VoD of the stream can be found here, while the decklist used can be seen below.

KbTsKPO.png

SuperJJ has certainly caught the attention of his peers. Sjow tried out the deck on stream last night and raised his NA ranking from 401st to 19th with a 25-7 run that took just over five hours. Dog has also been playing the deck on stream.

Sottle is working on a guide, which will be released on Icy-Veins soon.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Aleco

Players can earn up to three free packs for logging in to Hearthstone during the Hearthstone World Championships.
      The folks over at Hearthpwn.com have learned from data mining of patch 10.0 that the Hearthstone World Championships will offer players three free packs as daily login rewards. The first day of the championships will give players a Journey to Un'Goro pack, the second day a Knights of the Frozen Throne pack, and the third a Kobolds & Catacombs pack. The Hearthstone home screen will also change to sparkling white theme honor the World Championships.

Along with this week's awesome Tavern Brawl featuring World Championship winning decks, this marks the first time that Blizzard has brought Hearthstone eSports all the way to the Hearthstone client. Given the recent start of the Overwatch League and the choose your champion feature for the World Championships, it seems that Blizzard is supporting competitive gaming now more than ever.
    • By Zadina

This week's Brawl honours the 3 previous Hearthstone World Champions!
      The 2018 World Championship is about to begin and Team 5 is celebrating by giving us a very special Tavern Brawl. In this Brawl, you get to play with decks that the previous world champions from 2014, 2015 and 2016 used on their way to the top. Your player name will even change to the respective Champion: Firebat, Ostkaka or Pavel!
      Here are the deck archetypes you can get:
      Firebat's Undertaker Hunter Firebat's Ramp Druid Firebat's Miracle Rogue Firebat's Zoolock Ostkaka's Patron Warrior Ostkaka's Oil Rogue Ostkaka's Freeze Mage Pavel's Tempo Mage Pavel's Malygos Miracle Rogue Pavel's Midrange Shaman Pavel's C'Thun Warrior Pavel's Malygos OTK Druid You might think: "why would I want to play a deck from 2014 with cards that have been nerfed"? Well, all cards are on their pre-nerfed versions, therefore they are basically in the same state as when originally used by each World Champion. So, say hello to pre-nerf Undertaker, Leper Gnome, Hex and many others.
      Amnesiac can never catch a break.
      A slight inconsistency is that cards that generate other cards or tokens, like Piloted Shredder or Babbling Book, can generate cards/tokens from later expansions. For example, my opponent's dead Shredder created Friendly Bartender, a card that neither Champion had encountered at their time.
      Enjoy the Brawl and tune in to the World Championship this weekend!
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our HCT World Championships coverage.
    • By Aleco

Aleco walks through a series of simple early-game decisions while playing an Unstable Evolution deck.
      "Simple early game decisions" and "multi-turn decisions" are the two most common requests I've been receiving since the start of this series, so I decided to do an episode that tackles both! In today's episode I navigate a series of relatively simple early-game decisions against an aggressive Hunter start with my Unstable Evolution Shaman deck.
      If you have any requests for future episodes of "What's the Move?", please feel free to reach out to me here on Icy Veins or via Twitter @Aleco_P. I prefer to always fulfill requests for new episodes if possible, and always love hearing feedback from the community which can help me improve on this series in the future. Don't be shy!
      If you're looking for the guide I referenced in this video, please follow this link to "Legend in the Making: Part 2".