FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cadowyn

Mysterious Challenger is Misleading...

It clearly states on the card: "Battlecry: Put one of each Secret from your deck into the battlefield."

Well, I didn't have any secrets out--well, maybe one..? can't remember--but I have multiple secrets.  One of each type.  And it only drew five. 

What's up with that?  Is it a bug, or are they going to change the card to read: "Battlecry: Put up to five Secrets from your deck into the battlefield."???

(Apologies:  Can I just post it there from here, or repost?)

Edited by Cadowyn

It clearly states on the card: "Battlecry: Put one of each Secret from your deck into the battlefield."

Well, I didn't have any secrets out--well, maybe one..? can't remember--but I have multiple secrets.  One of each type.  And it only drew five. 

What's up with that?  Is it a bug, or are they going to change the card to read: "Battlecry: Put up to five Secrets from your deck into the battlefield."???

The battlecry would have to be "Put one of each secret from your deck into the battlefield, up to the number of 5", which would be too long, so they simply shortened it into the current text. Ben Brode actually uploaded a video about card text consistency. There is going to be a article about the video on Icy-Veins soon™.

Edit: Here it is

Edited by positiv2
  • Like 1