Mit213

5.2 Arcane Mage Rotation

9 posts in this topic

So as of 5.2, what is the arcane mage rotation? I used both RoP and dumping after 4 stacks and arcane missiles, and the complete mana burn with invocation, and the Invocation seemed to net me a lot better of DPS, but then again I literally logged in for raid and got off, so I didn't get to play around with the new stuff at allllll, and while learning the fights I definitely didn't follow the rotation anywhere near perfect.

hi, i play arcane for 5.2 and the rotaion is as followed:

keep nether tempest applied at all times on one or more targets, refresh just beore the last tick.

use arcane blast as your arcane charge builder.

use arcane missiles at two stacks, use both stacks.

use arcane barrage when at four stacks of arcane charge.

always be stood in your rune of power

useful cooldowns:

arcane power - good for burn phases or off cooldown use

mirror image, good with arcane power

alter time - use when you are at 4 stacks of arcane charge and two missiles, then use arcane power and mirror image, activate alter time, use both missiles, use 1 blast, (2 if you are in TW, heroism/lust etc.) then use barrage, then alter time finishes and your stacks are reset to what they was, use missiles and barrage again the continue with the normal rotation (presence of mind can make a second blast faster or just one)

aoe rotaion:

use flamestrike off CD, presence of mind can make this instant

use arcane explosion, spam it

use barrage at four stacks

hope this helped, i play on silvermoon, character name is Vandamonia, i play EU

This is 5.3 and im a little confused as to my rotation.

This is what i do and im getting about 73k dps.

Opening

AB til i get 4 charges

AM 2x

AB

im keeping NT up and refresh with 1 tic left

I use my macro (arcane power and alter time when its up

rinse and repeat

Am i doing the right thing? And should I be doing better DPS?

This is 5.3 and im a little confused as to my rotation.

This is what i do and im getting about 73k dps.

Opening

AB til i get 4 charges

AM 2x

AB

im keeping NT up and refresh with 1 tic left

I use my macro (arcane power and alter time when its up

rinse and repeat

Am i doing the right thing? And should I be doing better DPS?

Link to your armory would be helpful. 73k could be amazing or terrible depending on your gear. Your basic rotation sounds fine, but check the IV guide again, they added an opening sequence that describes when to best use the AP+AT macro. Are you always using your T6 talent?

I would be also preferred, if you could link a World of logs of your character along with your character armory. I am pretty sure we will be able to figure out what is wrong.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Danterino
      Hello. I'm from Russia, so my English isn't very good, but I need help.
      My Armory: link
      My Warcraftlog armory: link
      My warcraftlog battle: link
      ----------------------------------------------------
      Good player armory: link
      Good player warcraftlog armory: link
      Good player warcraftlog battle: link

My priority skills: rampage > BT > RB > FS
      So rotation like this: BC - BloodBath - ramp - odyn's fury - BT - RB - ramp - BT - RB - RB - fs .... BC - ramp - etc
      also I user free excute procs ofcourse.

Simcraft show me that my best DPS must be near 1 860 000. But in fact my dps near 1.4M (maximum). 
      As you can see "good player" do much better dps then I with same iLvL.

What I doning wrong?

• By Exploit
      Hi everyone,
      I, like many others, are trying to maximize DPS for their respective classes, mine in particular being ret paladin.
      In general, it seems like there are several sources of information for dps for each class.
      Icy Veins Mr Robot Raidbots (Simulation Craft) Warcraft Logs Each with its own set of criteria as to what determines high dps. And I find inconsistency when bouncing between the different sources. I want to understand what am I missing when it comes to each. I will lay out what I currently understand, and would like some feedback as to what I may not be considering in each as well as some advice as to what other options I could be exploring (resources) to further the insight into whats applicable for my current state.
      Icy Veins
      For Icy Veins, in particular, the stat weights, are mostly vaguely determined. From the ret guide:

If I am reading this right, its Mastery >= Haste > Ver >= Crit = Str
      Mr Robot
      I use the addOn and I subscribe for the Best In Bags function. When I plug in my information in, the site recommends that I go with my 2pce t20 and balance around my legendaries with a focus on haste pieces (haste gems are emphasized).
      https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/report/a42136294c7f40b2b7ee78023306d786
      Stat weights as listed in MrRobot:
      MrRobot Stat Weights
      From what I am seeing, Crit is most emphasized, and the one crit gem + ring crit enchants were originally recommended by MrRobot here. Also another notable thing here is haste being way behind crit's potential.
      RaidBots (Simc)
      For RaidBots, I use the addOn, and play around with various items I hoard, and use the stat weights functions. Generally the feedback I get here are to stick with the current gem setup and with regards to stat weights, emphasize at my current setup with crit. It also says I should drop some of my high ilvl pieces (935 head, and 960 chest) for 4pce (915 head, lfr 890 chest)
      Gear simc:
      https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/d3Qbkf6nqpoP4bxQ9YB2m
      Stat Weights:
      https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/6NkVYwEaTW26FxD4wBwey4
      Vers -> crit -> mastery -> haste -> str
      (versitality first?)
      Warcraft Logs
      I mostly use Warcraft Logs to check what the top dps players (ret pallys) are hitting and what setups are they running. I don't want to specifically link player armories in here, but upon some investigation, you'll find most are just stacking haste
      ---
      I understand stat weights are relative, however it seems like everyone has different priorities, one says mastery, another vers, another crit, another haste?
      Help me understand.
      Thanks,
      Exploit

• By Tessivento
      Hi all.
      I recently went Guardian from Resto. Theoretically I know my rotation, cd, etc. I'm running Antorus HC, i got the curve and i think to hold with not many problems every boss but seeing my logs my performance is always low.

I don't know where I make my mistakes but I think to have these issues:
      My damage taken is always minor than other tanks; My damage dealt... same (I build my bear full defense but my dps seems to be too low); Sometimes i have threat problem (especially with paladins or warrior); I should selfheal more but i don't see the need when I am full: i prefer to stack ironfur. What can i do to improve?

If you wanna see my armor, look here.
      I don't aim to shine, but, at least, be on a average rank :p

Thank you all
    • By CopiousSalt
      I feel like I should be performing better as a frost mage at my specific level. If some of you don't mind taking a look at my logs and letting me know what I could do to improve, it would help me out a lot. 
      A lot of people have told me once i get bracers and shard that my dps will normalize for my ilvl. Is this true? I follow the standard for frost mage st rotation: dont eat Ice-lance procs, don't waste insta flurries, spend flurries by frostbolt>flurry>Ice-lance, etc. If I am missing something, please let me know. 
      Here are some logs to look at.
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yGLM493zpgrkcjT8/#fight=15&type=damage-done
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yGLM493zpgrkcjT8/#fight=7&type=damage-done