Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nicarlitos

Trash BiS

8 posts in this topic

I posted something similar in the DK forum, but no bites. So here goes...

In 5.2 the Blood DK BiS weapon is a strength polearm.

Bo-Ris, Horror in the Night

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=95498

This is a trash drop. I don't know if any other classes have this situation, but I find it interesting that obtaining this weapon won't be linked to progression....just down to how many trash runs I can make my guild go on with me!

I can't decide if I like this or not.....I guess if I get it in the first couple of weeks from trash, I'll be happy. Otherwise...its just too RNGy. I kind of like saving up my bonus rolls and hoping for a drop from a boss....feels like progression (even though it took me about 15 rolls on the Sha of Fear to get my LFR Axe).

I'm just interested in what you peeps think....

Are you certain it's BiS? We haven't started updated our BiS lists yet, but that would be surprising that a non heroic weapon is best in slot.

According to my findings (google-skills over 9000) this weapon does not drop from trash. It is in fact on the shared-loot table, meaning that it has a small chance to drop from every boss in the instance.

Thanks for the info....I must admit that it didn't make much sense to me.

I guess this is a good thing? I still don't like the fact that its not tied to one boss....hard to farm!

It's sort of a pain being a shared drop. The disadvantage is that it's going to be about a 1% drop, or maybe even less, but you potentially have 12 shots at getting it every week, +3 for all your coin rolls.

You could potentially get your heroic thunderforged absolute best in slot weapon from a coin roll on heroic Jin'Rokh, which is by far the easiest heroic.

Edited by Storm

According to my findings (google-skills over 9000) this weapon does not drop from trash. It is in fact on the shared-loot table, meaning that it has a small chance to drop from every boss in the instance.

Same in my case, inv_staff_2h_zandalari_c_01.jpgDarkwood Spiritstaff (BiS for both Feral and Guardian) is a shared drop from any boss in ToT. I got two of the LFR version in consecutive boss kills (Lei Shen and then joined one in progress and got another off Primordius).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Madshot789
      <Disturbed> - Zul'jin - 3 nights/week - Semi-Hardcore
      Progression: Normal (9/9) Heroic (8/9)
      http://www.disturbedguild.com/
      Raid Schedule:
      Wednesday - 8:00 PM EST - 11:00 PM EST
      Thursday - 8:00 PM EST - 11:00 PM EST
      Monday - 8:00 PM EST - 11:00 PM EST
      Holidays will be rescheduled. 
      Current Recruitment Needs:
      • DPS
      • Hunter
      • Warlock
      • Arms Warrior
      All classes will be considered.
      Server Information:
      Zul'jin (PvE)
      Ruin Battlegroup
      Chicago Datacenter
      Eastern Realm Time
      In-game contacts:
      Madness (Madness#12309)
    • By Hybridlol
      New to forums and looked around a little bit. I was wondering if anyone had a link to a current BiS list for resto druids, includes m+ loot table ect. Anything would be appreciated, thanks!
    • By Supaserg
      Hey guys and gals. I'm fairly new to assassination, my rogue was originally a SUB rogue, for legion I changed to Outlaw, and finally Assassination. I've been raiding now with it for a good couple of months with my current spec, I've tried to follow the icy veins guide as close as I can, when it comes to BIS, rotation, etc.  I'm struggling to get the numbers, I'm supposed to be getting according to my gear level. 
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/fizzcrank/Atreyiu/simple
      I am aware I don't have all my BIS, but I'm working on it. My guild is currently doing NH Heroic, and so far we are 6 bosses in. And most of the pieces I need are in the later bosses, so far we haven't been able to progress that far.
      according to warcraftlogs, my dps is in the very low end of the spectrum. and I agree, there is another rogue in my guild that puts out almost 35% more dps than I do, and he is at 898 right now.
      these are my logs
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/22393791/latest/

these are the logs for my guildee, that whoops my butt in dps every time (he is a really cool dude and has tried to help me, but because of his and my work schedule I only get to talk to him during raid times)
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/17154275/latest/

Also my rotation for single target goes as follows: Garrote-mutilate-rupture(5point)--mutilate-mutilate(5point)-envenom-kingsbane--vendetta--garrote(keeping it up)-mutilate-mutilate-vanish-rupture---rinse and repeat.

So if you guys have any advice, on areas I could improve. I would greatly appreciate it.

• By p1xel8ted
      Hey guys, I have all 6 tier items (heroic, some WF). My hands are 895, but got a 905 item from mythic chrono.
      Using
      ( Pawn: v1: "Blood": Class=DeathKnight, Spec=Blood, CritRating=4.57, HasteRating=7.57, MasteryRating=3.07, Versatility=6.07, Strength=9.07, Stamina=12.07 )
      (Bad I know, got the numbers from Noxxic, but just swapped mastery and crit around. Matches the balanced priority, been working for me so far lol). Not a bleeding edge raider.
      Current setup

Proposed setup

Did multiple AMR sims with both setups, and averaged it, and each time 4pc comes out a little ahead. Using Krosus as setup. 

I'm thinking it;s the versatility on the tier hands that is making the difference, not so much the 25% chance at a rune?
      Thoughts, opinions, Thanks!