FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
nicarlitos

I totally called it...5.3 loot spec

• Loot Specialization

• Players can now choose to receive loot for a specialization that's different from their current class role. This feature could be accessed by right-clicking on the character portrait and selecting the option from the drop-down list. Loot specialization is available for bonus rolls, Raid Finder, and Pandarian quest rewards.

I love this...I can use my awesome tank insta-queue, but still gear up my dps spec.

Totally called it too.....

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/1496-lfr-loot-rules-off-specs-and-queues/

*bows*

• Like 2

Or being able to roll for DPS off spec gear as a Healer; yay!

• Loot Specialization

• Players can now choose to receive loot for a specialization that's different from their current class role. This feature could be accessed by right-clicking on the character portrait and selecting the option from the drop-down list. Loot specialization is available for bonus rolls, Raid Finder, and Pandarian quest rewards.

I love this...I can use my awesome tank insta-queue, but still gear up my dps spec.

Totally called it too.....

http://www.icy-veins...ecs-and-queues/

*bows*

Will be nice to do. . . I know that some people used to change specs after a fight and use a coin to get gear for an off spec. takes a while to do that though.

tbh it would be very welcome to see this happening. Not even for myself, but for all those people that love to queue as "healer" and are specced as "dps/tank". It's so annoying to the other healers especially when 2 people are doing this,

let this coming!! :)

*just taking healers as an example, but it actually happens a lot.

I'm still disappointed. I should be able to loot 2H Axes, Polearms, and Swords for my Felguard despite me being a Warlock. /end irrational Warlock rant

I'm still disappointed. I should be able to loot 2H Axes, Polearms, and Swords for my Felguard despite me being a Warlock. /end irrational Warlock rant

inv_weapon_halberd13.jpgHellreaver is the only polearm you need, that's what I transmogged my staff into.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By VampAurora
      Update 07/09/2016 -> New giveaway https://gleam.io/competitions/73zcG-vampauroras-razer-naga-expert-giveaway

Hello fellas,

I have am having an Overwatch giveaway! Win a copy of our favourite game, simple and easily!

Enter below!

https://gleam.io/nZGXS/vampaurora-overwatch-giveaway

Good luck!
    • By ScribbleBro
      So with the latest naxx wing i decided to try and utilise Baron Rivendare to the fullest and this is what i came up with, The baron really makes the deck shine, and some of the combos are amazing, especially getting two sludge belchers out while baron is around and hitting em with ancestral spirit :)  let me know what you think

• By syphonz
      http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/lightbringer/syphonz
      Only pulling around 110 to 125k dps and feel i shoud be doing more. Suggestions for reforge or any trinkets to replace?. At the moment im lucky with 9-10 ticks of Woolashays to hit 500k chaos bolts.
    • By Marco
      Patch 5.3 will bring some significant changes to PvP, which are beneficial to the game, but strangely received negatively by some. We want to discuss the changes of several mechanics in this post, not the new battleground or arena.
      PvP Resilience
      The base resilience was ramped up from 40% to 65%, which is roughly what the current resilience with a full set of PvP gear is. This was done to make players with PvE gear less vulnerable in PvP and should thus reduce the frustration by a huge margin, considering that you will roughly take half the damage with 65% resilience instead of 40%. Of course all PvP Resilience stats were removed from the PvP gear, although gems can still be used to increase the PvP Power and/or PvP Resilience slightly. PvP Power and PvP Resilience were actually reduced by 50% on gems, but both stats are still viable. The set bonus that provided 1000 PvP Resilience now provides 1000 PvP Power.
      PvP Power Reduction
      Basically, the amount of PvP Power needed to gain 1% was increased from 265 to 400. This will decrease the damage and healing increases provided by PvP Power by roughly 33% and depending on the actual amount of PvP Power one has, their damage and healing will be decreased by roughly 10% - 14%. This change has been made to decrease the ridiculous damage that is currently done throughout burst situations. It also accounts for possibly more PvP Power due to the set bonus change in 5.3.
      This change effectively increases the health pool available in PvP, as both damage and healing are decreased by an equal amount.
      Healing Rebalancing
      Healing was rebalanced in a way that healers without PvP Power heal significantly less than in 5.2. In 5.2 there is a debuff called Battle Fatigue which reduces any non-percentage-based healing by 30%. The healing reduction will be increased to 45%. To rebalance this nerf the developers redesigned how much PvP Power actually benefits healing:
      Healing increased for heal specs is now 100%, up from 50%, which makes PvP Power twice as useful as currently for healers. Healing increased for DPS specs with a healing spec (Monk, Paladin, Priest, Shaman, Druid) is now 70%, up from 25%. Healing increased for all other classes and specs is now 40%, up from 0%. On a side note, PvP Power currently does not benefit percentage-based healing, but the changes to the other classes indicate that it will in 5.3. For example rogues only have percentage-based healing and since they will receive 40% more healing due to PvP Power, this will likely apply to their heals as well.To evaluate whether this rebalancing act was a nerf or a buff for major heal classes, we will use two examples:
      In 5.2 let us assume a healer has 50% PvP Power, and thus 25% more healing. They cast a basic spell that would heal 1000 health points. It is increased by PvP Power to 1250. Battle Fatigue decreases it by 30% to 875. In 5.3 the same healer only has 50% PvP Power, but due to the rebalancing, it will increase their healing by 50%. The same spell is cast with a basic healing amount of 1000. Their healing is increased by 50% to 1500. Battle Fatigue is 45% now and decreases the healing amount to 825. We can see that healers are nerfed slightly by this rebalancing act.But the healing of DPS specs of classes that have a healing spec was rebalanced as well, so we will evaluate the same examples again:
      In 5.2 a Windwalker Monk has 50% PvP Power, so 12.5% more healing. They cast a basic spell that would heal 1000 health points. It is increased by PvP Power to 1125. Battle Fatigue decreases it by 30% to 787.5. In 5.3 the same Monk still has 50% PvP Power, which will increase their healing by 35%. The same spell is cast with a basic healing amount of 1000. Their healing is increased by 35% to 1350. Battle Fatigue decreases the healing amount by 45% to 742.5. The conclusion that both healers and DPS specs were nerfed by roughly the same amount can be drawn at this point. Note that you will not reach 50% PvP Power anymore due to the PvP Power nerf, so the overall healing was still reduced as shown above.Ultimately this rebalancing act has occured to make PvP gear for PvP healers still more viable than PvE gear. As healers in PvP do not have to deal any damage, and PvP gear is not needed for PvP Resilience anymore (due to the changes discussed above), it was necessary to make PvP Power more viable and thus increase the viability of PvP gear in comparison to PvE gear.
      Item Level Balancing
      With 5.3 the item level of PvP gear that is bought with Conquest points will be increased from 493 to 496. The item level of Elite PvP gear, which can be bought once you earned 27000 Conquest points in the season, is decreased from 512 to 496. Elite PvP gear has been changed to reduce the gap between high rated players and slightly lower rated players. Reaching 2200 rating would pose a barrier to some players that could not be transcended due to major gear differences.
      The item level of any item equipped will be capped at 496 in battlegrounds, rated battlegrounds and arenas. This was mainly done to make PvE gear with an item level of 522 less viable than PvP gear with an item level of 496, as the change to PvP Resilience would possibly make high level PvE gear equally or more appealing. With 5.3, the following will apply:
      496 PvE gear will have roughly the same strength as 476 PvP gear that is bought with Honor points. 522 PvE gear will be capped at item level 496, which makes it equally viable as 476 PvP gear and far less viable than 496 PvP gear. Note that the cap also applies to 498 PvP weapons, so they will be downgraded, too! *gasp*We hope we could shed some light on the major PvP changes in 5.3. They will make PvP more accessible for PvE players while retaining balance and they address the problem of gear gaps and burst situations currently prevalent in PvP. Objectively seen these are good changes to PvP, but what do you think?
    • By ragebarr
      This thread will contain an up-to-date list of all the changes affecting the warrior class in patch 5.3 as well as a short analysis of the reasons behind those changes and their effect on our class.
      If you have any input to add or a change to list that I may have missed, you are more than welcome to let me know
      Also, any opinions and other analysis on these changes would be nice to see
      General Defensive Stance now decreases damage taken by 25%, up from 15%. This results in defensive stance being back at its pre-5.2 status, a small buff to PvE DPS warriors, and a small buff to PvP too. Shield Wall's cooldown has been reduced to 3 minutes, down from 5 minutes. This change is more than welcome, both for PvE and PvP. 5 mins on Shield Wall was a bit too much for a def. cd like this one. Get your shield wall macros ready, because you'll use them much more often! Talents Enraged Regeneration no longer costs rage to use, instantly heals the Warrior for 5% of their total health, and healing an additional 5% over 5 seconds. Using the ability while Enraged doubles the healing effects to 10% of the Warrior's total health and an additional 10% over 5 seconds. This one puzzles me. The fact that it is now free is a good thing, however if you are not enraged it heals less than impending victory, which has a twice as short cooldown. Moreover, you cannot really spare the Berserker Rage to force an enrage if you are not, so this talent still looks lackluster. Second Wind no longer generates rage when the Warrior is struck by a Stun or Immobilize effect. Prot nerf. Probably for PvP reasons. Arms and Fury Warriors receive a passive ability that enables them to generate rage when struck by a Stun or Immobilize effect at level 56. This was done to let DPS warriors take something else than SW in PvP. I don't think it'll work out that great, but for PvE warriors who don't take second wind, this is a (very) small buff. Spell Reflection is no longer consumed by spells from player pets and guardians. PvP buff, little to no implications in PvE. Vigilance now resets the cooldown on Taunt in addition to its current effects. Finally. It was about time. Protection Bastion of Defense now reduces the cooldown of Shield Wall by 1 minute, down from a 3-minute reduction. For Protection Warriors, this results in no net change to Shield Wall's cooldown. Shield Slam now receives a 50% bonus to attack damage from attack power (down from 100%) for Warriors below level 85. Prot warrs should be a bit less OP in low level dungeons and BG's. No implications for high level play. Unwavering Sentinel no longer increases the damage reduction of Defensive Stance by 10%. Tied with the revert of the nerf to deensive stance. No change for prot overall. Arms Sweeping Strikes no longer causes Resilience to decrease damage to secondary targets incorrectly when the original target's damage has already been decreased by Resilience.Well, SS no longer double-dips resilience. A small but very welcome (and long overdue) pvp change. It seems that overall, no huge changes are coming to warriors in 5.3, unless Blizzard has a hidden surprise. Looking forward to hear you guy's opinions on these changes.-Rage