Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Asesino

Doubt abot going for 7,5 exp cap or not?

2 posts in this topic

Hello.

I have been playing rogue on and of before mist, but this content i wanted to make it my main.

It's going pretty well so far, but i have a question about the Expertise cap,

As i can see on your guides, you tell me to go for the 7,5 % cap point.

But you also mention Shadowcraft, which i also can refered by a fellow rogue.

If i do reforge and gems after Shadowcraft, i gives me a Expertise % of around 4-5 %.

It actually reforges all expertise to mastery etc.

Is this just different opinions or what is the deal with this? :)

**I read a post from 2012, where you stated that Exp wasn't important as Assassination, case of their poison.

Hope someone out there can help me with this question :)

The thing with Assassination is that all stats are really close (except for Hit until the cap). So, if you reforge all wrong you may only notice a very small DPS difference (of about 5%). The difference between reforging Expertise to Mastery Rating and not doing it is even smaller (like 1%), and it's only the case at low gear levels.

As you get gear from Tier 15 and then Heroic gear from Tier 15, you will notice that Expertise is starting to pull ahead of other statistics, and Mastery Rating is pulling slightly ahead Haste Rating and Critical Strike Rating.

So, that's the reasoning behind our current stat priority for Assassination.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Aggro Pirate Rogue Gadgetzan Standard deck.
    • By Violentravi
      Hello,
      Adelante is currently recruiting DPS & Heals, however, all competent players will be considered.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 8/10N NH 4/7M EN and 3/3H TOV.  As far as classes go we do not have a Moonkin, Mage, Feral Druid, or any type of Monk. We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 7:00 PM until 11:00 PM Eastern.  Thursday is not considered a raid night, but we will often clear Heroic and Normal on this evening for AP and it is not required. We are pushing progression on Il'gynoth, and look forward to finishing off EN then moving on to Nighthold, we will be intermittently working on Mythic TOV.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that, if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
       If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread and link your most recent combat logs for review, make a character on our realm and inbox me, or hit me up on real ID (violentravi#1826).  Alternatively, if you are old school, please apply via our website:  http://www.adelante-guild.com
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho & the Guild
    • By digimij
      Howdy,
      I was going to submit a bug report in game, but I thought I'd check here to see if this really is a bug, or if I just don't understand how the ability is supposed to work. Here's what I planned to submit:
      outlaw rogue ability: Between the Eyes, is not correctly applying the 4x damage increase on critical strikes per the tooltip listed damage for each combo point, nor is it appropriately applying any of the bonus damage modifiers: prey on the weak and ghostly strike. If using Deeper Strategem talent, it appears to be applying 4x damage based on the 5th combo point tooltip, but again, the modifiers:ghostly strike and prey on the weak are not applying. 
      Per the tooltip, at 6 combo points, I should do 200,695 damage, 5 combo points would be 167,470 damage. While testing this on a training dummy, with Ghostly Strike and Prey on the Weak applied, with Deeper Strategem talented, using 6 combo points, I see a critical strike (100% chance from legendary shoulders) of 682,357. Unless my math is horribly mistaken, that should be a critical strike for 963,336:
      200,695 x 4 x (100% + 10% + 10%)

This is what I do:
      Stand behind dummy, so nothing is blocked, build up 6 combo points, apply Ghostly strike, either vanish, or leave combat and enter stealth, use Cheap Shot, then use Between the Eyes
    • By sixxn
      So I'm confused on what to do at this point.. I'm at 30% crit with the shoulders equip and 120% mastery. Should I be stacking mastery now and not worrying about crit since I get 100% off start? I also have the bracers? Also since the burst is for 6 seconds I don't know what I should do for a opener anymore.. Any suggestions? 
    • By Kassanova
      Hey all, I apologize if this is common knowledge, but my rogue is one of my alts and I don't know as much about the class as I'd like. I used to play outlaw just fine, but I'm interested in a strong spec that isn't so RNG dependent. I'm a bit confused as to how much mastery is needed to pull off a poison build vs a bleed a build. The talent guide says to go for poisons if you have a mastery-heavy build. What constitutes a lot of mastery? My rogue is wearing ilvl 847 with 27.79% crit, 7.83% haste, 116.2% mastery, 3.6/1.8% versatility. That is based on recommendations from Ask Mr. Robot. I primarily run mythics and I would like recommendations on the best tier 1 and 6 talent suggestions. 
      Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/Cowboyslim/simple

Thanks in advance!