FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
grumbachr

Looking for Guidance

Are there any guides to the druid at various lower levels I seem to only find things covering 85-90. If you can point me to some of them it would be very helpful. Currently at lvl 30 and just want to make sure I'm getting things right before I get to far along.

Main reason for asking is that while my range/cast abilities seem good, I seem to struggle when enemies are right on top of me.

First off, Grumbachr, welcome to the Icy Veins forums!

I'd like to say that, at level 30, you're probably not doing anything wrong simply because you do not have enough abilities for a "wrong" rotation of sorts.

Depending on the spec you chose at 10 depends on how your combat will typically go. If you've selected Balance then you will have more advantage with your ranged abilities that come with the spec. If you've selected Feral (Cat) or Guardian (Bear) then your combat will be in melee range.

If you are balance and find yourself in melee combat I would recommend simple things such as starting the fight off with spell_nature_stranglevines.jpgEntangling Roots and throw your first DoT at maximum range. This will give you a little bit more time to cast and not suffer a push back on your casts.

As far as specific guides go for lower levels, I do not know of any as of this point. I do know that Icy Veins is working on such guides, however. For now they simply recommend Feral or Balance as your leveling spec and not much more.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions do not hesitate to ask. I'm sure someone else, if not myself, will be able to lend more help if you should need it.

Again, welcome to Icy Veins!

Thanks Sajakain that does help.

I've been using Icy-veins to fix my Pally, he was so awful (beyond awful). I figured out I somehow managed to get him to Lvl90/iLvl 470+ and i didn't understand the basics. Using this site I made some vast improvements to the pally almost doubled my DPS output.

I'm just hoping to not make the same mistakes with the Druid as I did with the pally. I'll give Feral a try and see if the malee has more familiar play style.

I'd also love to see some lower level guides as I have other toon i plan on leveling up and help at lower levels would always be welcome.

Thanks

Sorry thought I had said what class/spec I was, oops.

I'm currently lvl 30 NightElf Balance Druid. I can now choose a 2nd spec think I will try out Feral tonight.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Friedbones
      I recently started working toward my cape on my Balance Druid.  Last night while doing my vision beginning quest line to get my cloak, my partner noticed small frogs leaping into battle during our fights.  I searched my gear and looked at my setup, skills, essences, etc., to see if I could find anything saying "small frogs leap into battle" or something similar, but was unable to find anything to explain this oddity.
      Does anyone have any idea where these frogs are coming from?  Is it a hidden part of my skills or based upon race being used?  Any help to explain this oddity would be appreciated.
      Thanks in advance. 
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, PUBG, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletag: Vims#21684

To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 930~ ilvl
      - 72+ traits.
      - 8/9 in ToS.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made.
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Priest: Shadow.
      Druid: Balance.
      Warlock: Affliction.
      Hunter: MM.
      Mage:Frost/fire
      Rogue: Assa/sub
      Any and all applications will be considered.
    • By Rhez
      Lionel Richie is recruiting members to match the numbers of mythic raiding.
      Currently we are after

Boomie MAGES Warlock Hunter Rogue - Raiding 3 times per week (Thursday, Sunday, Tuesday) 19:30-23:00 Realm Time - We are open to trial players X-Realm   More information about us can be found on our website.
      www.lionelrichie.eu
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/116701
      www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/outland/Lionel+Richie
      Any comments, questions or tips of improvement can be sent to me directly via Bnet (Rhez#2206) or a PM on our website.
    • By Alebst
      So I need some help to improve my dps! I just started playing wow again after a year break and hoped right back into raiding! My gear is farely decent since we have been farming heroic HFC however we are starting mythic progression and my dps isnt up to par! I relaize i am still missing some key trinkets as well as the leg ring! Do these really make such a gap in dps? Looking for any tips and advice you can provide. Logs are below!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Vh6gYrRz2pHxN79K#type=damage-done&source=8

• By Corgi
      Here is my Simple Armoury view.  In this particular instance, I am not using a specific rotation I guess (I'm also weak on the jargon). I have no logs to share at this time.

I am getting stuck on Waves 5/6 because of the Mystic heals.  I have been searching Google for days now trying to find something that is not Hunter videos or DK/Frost Mage recommendations to help me solve this problem.  It is VERY frustrating that the whole bleeding Internet can't come up with good advice on this.

I am indeed using Solar Beam, but apparently I am doing so at the wrong time, not knowing when the right time might be.  My Typhoon seems to have no effect.

I did get past a Wave 2 hump due to another Druid suggesting some Haste enchants and a Tier 7 Talent adjustment, but even with those and the Yak Broth buff, I'm only getting to Wave 6 maybe 1/3 of the time, and then losing at one of those two points because I can't get those Mystics down fast enough.

All I want to do is have a chance at Hatespark and the Core Hound.

Please help?