FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hearthstone Legendary Mage Fast Freeze LoE

Just a small note: I think pyroblast and torch are not good cards to omit from this version of the deck if you want to add some tech options. They might be optional in regular freeze mage, but they are super important in this particular version, as you are esentially reliant on drawing alex if you don't have them, and that is not good. I would say novice is the most flexible card. I currently run one novice and one loot hoarder, and think it's just a matter of taste, as novice is a better draw late game and loot hoarder can give you some board presence early on to slow down aggro decks a bit and getting in some chip damage with it can help out loads against decks like renolock.

By the way, I just faced a druid that used both lores for drawing and loatheb at a completely random turn only to get burned from 25 hp with discounted spells on turn 10. It's sad to see that someone who plays the game that badly can get rank 5 with a druid deck.

Edited by batanete

Guest Daniel

I feel like I'm missing something with this deck. Is it just me or does it feel incredibly draw dependent? I've given it a pretty good shot now, but it feels like I'm just loaded up with useless damage spells regardless of my luck in the mulligan. 

I've never once played a doomsayer / freeze combo that hasn't just been immediately silenced or burned down. Once that happens, you are completely at the mercy of a full board against you with no way to answer it. 

It's not that I've never won with the deck, but it seems to be completely random and the win condition combos just seem incredibly lucky when they actual occur.

Can anyone point me to a place where I can see this specific deck being played with a good win ratio?

I feel like I'm missing something with this deck. Is it just me or does it feel incredibly draw dependent? I've given it a pretty good shot now, but it feels like I'm just loaded up with useless damage spells regardless of my luck in the mulligan. 

I've never once played a doomsayer / freeze combo that hasn't just been immediately silenced or burned down. Once that happens, you are completely at the mercy of a full board against you with no way to answer it. 

It's not that I've never won with the deck, but it seems to be completely random and the win condition combos just seem incredibly lucky when they actual occur.

Can anyone point me to a place where I can see this specific deck being played with a good win ratio?

https://www.twitch.tv/laughinghs

Against decks that commonly play 2-of silence cards you can't rely on getting a nova sayer combo. It's usually better to just play a tempo sayer early on to prevent them from developing minions and delay them.

Also, freeze mage is easily one of the hardest decks in the game, so don't give up if you can't win with it at first. The deck is so complex that even usually favored match ups(secret paladin, zoo,...) are hard to win until you come to grips with the deck.

Edited by batanete

Would you still consider this version of Freeze mage the best one for the meta now that Mid Range Druid - cited as one of the reasons for this particular build - got nerfed so heavily?

Would anyone have tips on how to play the mirror with this deck?

I run so rarely into it on ladder - probably a good thing - but would like to know what to do when I do. I thing with the more classical versions with Healbot (or even Reno Jackson) the best strategy is to play very defensively, often going to fatigue. Here, though, I am not so sure.

Sign in to follow this