lipsinch

Rogue Pvp rotation

Sign in to follow this  

10 posts in this topic

Hello y'all! New poster here.

I just started playing BGs on my Rogue, and managed to get my butter knifes. Though I am struggling to keep up my energy steady when casting things, plus sometimes teh skill not launching up (although I think it's because I keep spamming teh button) and in teh end I don't manage to drop down teh enemy to 30~40% HP (imagine killing it).

Currently, this' my rotation:

Premeditate > SnD > Garrote > lacking 1s Subterfuge Cheap Shot > 1~2 Backstab > 5CP Kidney Shot > Backstab > 5CP Evisc > MfD > Evisc

And here's my Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/goldrinn/Mijnaer/advanced

I don't know how to generate a log, but once I learn how to, I'll post here.

So, what am I doing wrong? Or it's lack of equipment?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry about that, we aren't exactly a reference when it comes to PvP, but that may change soon ^^

To be honest, I don't mind if you don't have an answer.

I got upset because this topic got literally ignored for 11 days (I know everyone has things to do than sitting their butts here to answer people, but 11 days!), when others were receiving answers, even if not complete or whatsoever.

Seriously, a "Sorry, I don't know what's wrong, can't help." isn't bad or ugly to say. At least show more attention.

-------------

Concerning my doubt (and your current lack of knowledge on PvP, as you affirm), this is what I found out (rather obvious after you do some research and test):

Spamming BS to build up CP out of SBlades isn't energy wise, because you don't generate enough CP and regen fast enough to deliver back-to-back Eviscerates (even with teh RS passive). Plus, that's an all-in opener (I didn't notice that when I was fussing around with videos and info), so you need decent damage (equip/gems) to roll in (plus luck be at your side and those crits pop out).

Also, I was forgetting teh upkeep on SnD. Newbie issue.

Anyway, that's what I figured mostly by myself (and reading on other forums, obviously).

I have to thank you for not answering, otherwise I wouldn't be able to learn how to figure out things by myself and would simply be dependant on others. But please, give more attention to teh newcomers. If they're here, it's because they need help, afterall. =)

I got upset because this topic got literally ignored for 11 days (I know everyone has things to do than sitting their butts here to answer people, but 11 days!), when others were receiving answers, even if not complete or whatsoever.

Seriously, a "Sorry, I don't know what's wrong, can't help." isn't bad or ugly to say. At least show more attention.

-------------

Concerning my doubt (and your current lack of knowledge on PvP, as you affirm), this is what I found out (rather obvious after you do some research and test):

Spamming BS to build up CP out of SBlades isn't energy wise, because you don't generate enough CP and regen fast enough to deliver back-to-back Eviscerates (even with teh RS passive). Plus, that's an all-in opener (I didn't notice that when I was fussing around with videos and info), so you need decent damage (equip/gems) to roll in (plus luck be at your side and those crits pop out).

Anyway, that's what I figured mostly by myself (and reading on other forums, obviously).

I have to thank you for not answering, otherwise I wouldn't be able to learn how to figure out things by myself and would simply be dependant on others. But please, give more attention to teh newcomers. If they're here, it's because they need help, afterall. =)

IV gets a lot more traffic from the PvE crowd, and the guys and girls you get reading the forum are raiders who spend their time staring at the backside of a dragon instead of sneaking up on unsuspecting Priests to gank them. So we know how to sustain DPS for several minutes at a time against a target with predictable mechanics, but not so much how to burst someone down who's desperately trying to stay alive, using CC, etc.

Also, Sub rogues are pretty uncommon in PvE situations these days.

Edited by Tarazet

-------------

I'm glad that you could figure it out yourself. Posted Image

However, your blatant sarcasm does not help at all - being impatient and impolite actually keeps people from wanting to help you. We can not change the abhorrently low PvP participation in the forums right now. I don't like it either and it is partly why we are currently working on actual PvP guides. First to provide coherent and complete PvP resources alongside the already established PvE resources, and second to draw in the PvP crowd to make asking PvP related questions in the Icy Veins forums possible. We are not able to provide this "service" right now and you have to understand that. You can't ask a electronics related question in a lifestyle forum either. At least you will not get any useful answers.

Sorry if I seemed to be sarcastic (on my last post, that is), that wasn't teh intention. It's just awkward to leave a question open with no attention, even if you don't know teh answer. I don't mind that you don't have enough info about, but >>the attention<< given towards it.

As I said, isn't bad or ugly to say that you don't know. Just makes you hunger for information, or at least giving a thought about it.

P.S.: After my response, 2 posts in less than 4 hours! W00t!! lol

Sorry if I seemed to be sarcastic (on my last post, that is), that wasn't teh intention. It's just awkward to leave a question open with no attention, even if you don't know teh answer. I don't mind that you don't have enough info about, but >>the attention<< given towards it.

As I said, isn't bad or ugly to say that you don't know. Just makes you hunger for information, or at least giving a thought about it.

P.S.: After my response, 2 posts in less than 4 hours! W00t!! lol

I understand that; What I tried to say is that if no one knows the answer, no one will answer. That's the standard manner of handling questions that are not addressed to someone specific. Or would you say "I don't know the answer, sorry" if someone posted randomly in a forum. When someone talks to me directly, sure, I'll give him at least the attention. But that is not what you can expect in a forum.

That said, I hope you stick with Icy Veins and maybe we will have a solid PvP community in a few months, so your questions will not stay unanswered anymore. :)

Sure thing I'll be around. If weren't by you (IV community) I wouldn't be able to even dish out a reasonable damage on my Rogue. It's bookmarked here, everytime I have a doubt on anything, I come over to check.

I'd be more than happy to collaborate with any info that I cross upon. =)

Edit: I was class tutor on other game, so I've been on his shoes (or anyone's else who guides here). I just expected anyone to act like I was ("I don't know right now, but check this later and I'll have it figured out.").

My fault on that.

Edited by lipsinch